• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] What are some reasons INFPs aren't well liked?

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Are ENFP this unpopular too?

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
I knew two ENFP girls back from my school days. One was popular ever since first grade,
and the other one became popular in high school. Neither of them were ever "unpopular".
(Both of them are awesome kissers by the way).

One of my best friends back then (middle school) was ENFP and he dated a new chick
every four months. I mean, how could he not get chicks, he was a charming 6'4 slender
blonde.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
The last years in middle school? Yeah, I was 5'10 and he was 6'4 already. Nothing left to develop, except facial and chest hair. Why do you think our legal sex age is 15-16? ^.^ Just kidding, has nothing to do with that.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This is an interesting point. I think there is some truth to it. Hey, even eharmony rejected me because I couldn't fit into one of their boxes :D.

The known vs. unknown issue is real too....and it often leads to people jumping to conclusions. I previously mentioned how being quiet can lead to all kinds of assumptions on the part of others....people seem to want an easy explanation for your behavior.

Well, introverted feeling is detached from external values. A Fi-dom turns inward to decide what is important, and that may cause a large difference between their personal idea of what is important & what society says is important.

I don't like when people tell me something is not a big deal...it invalidates my feelings. It's a big deal to me for a very good reason, even if they cannot grasp why. To me, much of what concerns them is frivolous.

I assure you it is no easier for an INFP female. ;)

At least you can be called a sissy and not care about it. lol.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
:shrug: As long as I don't have to hear about your novel or your dream interpretations, it's a deal! ;)

Hey, hey, if we actually share, it means we luv you. Appreciate! I am real stingy about sharing. :D And my dreams are always very, very interesting. :workout:

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Aren't INFPs pretty much liked by everyone?

It seems like they might occasionally go unnoticed, but it would be very hard to dislike them, wouldn't it?

Unless they've got serious mental problems, INFPs don't really give a reason for anyone to dislike them.

And there are PLENTY of reasons why people would LIKE them.

They're generally easy-going, accomodating, supportive, pleasant and cooperative with everyone, at least on the surface (which is all that really counts to most people), plus they're unique and interesting, and have a kind of goofy charm, and they're very good listeners.

All of these qualities together results in being pretty much liked by everyone.

Or am I wrong? :shrug:
nope, not wrong. That's why I collect them as pets.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Aren't INFPs pretty much liked by everyone?

It seems like they might occasionally go unnoticed, but it would be very hard to dislike them, wouldn't it?

Unless they've got serious mental problems, INFPs don't really give a reason for anyone to dislike them.

And there are PLENTY of reasons why people would LIKE them.

They're generally easy-going, accomodating, supportive, pleasant and cooperative with everyone, at least on the surface (which is all that really counts to most people), plus they're unique and interesting, and have a kind of goofy charm, and they're very good listeners.

All of these qualities together results in being pretty much liked by everyone.

Or am I wrong? :shrug:

I agree with all this.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i always felt unpopular but was actually fairly well-liked, from all accounts. i suspect this is how it is for a lot of INFPs too.

in middle school i got my first taste of "popularity" and it was not as delicious as it looked. it was a lot of backstabbery and being a stuck up jerk. i mean, yeah, i was good at it for a while, but it ate at me inside. but then, that's middle school for you... so in high school i went back to being a nerd. :) in college things got much better. i was better able to balance popularity and individual happiness. i run in prominent social circles but am not a huge partier.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I was popular and unpopular in the same time, so it felt like for me. Nearly all people in my last school years were nice to me, I get along very well with people and could have even fun with many etc.; but when it comes to making things with me together outside of school, choosing groups in classes (group work or just sports) or just sitting next to my place, I felt like one of the most unpopular persons in the world. And so after school was left, I was basically alone. I don't know what lead to that.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Maybe
INFP's are more reactive to the normal indifference of others, while say, an ISTJ, would not notice at all...so there is a feeling of being more disliked than others when that is not actually the case.