• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] So my NF brethren...lets talk about you...and other general stuff

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Ok, so let's see if by removing restrictions of what we're supposed to chat about in one specific thread, we can get some kind of 'everyday' friendly, free-spirited conversation going between NFs, and try and make something more than a general 'online experience. So erm, without further ado lets get this party started. We need something that is gonna make everyone feel like they can join in if they wanna, and it'd be kinda unfair for me to trust only my views on this...so any ideas?:hi:

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Love how the post matches the subject matter of your name Sky..hopefully if the weather stays half decent and a bit breezy, that volcanic dust from Iceland might disperse and all the tourists stranded in Europe can get home:) Which country are you from Sky?

P

Phantonym

Oh, you want to get personal. :thinking: I'm not really in the mood at the moment. However, it's good that you brought up the volcanic dust issue, I've been wondering why this topic hasn't been mentioned in the current events section. Seems like a big deal to me after all. Are people's minds so up in the air that they fail to notice anything else around them? Interesting.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ I think it's been under-reported in the states. I admittedly do not watch the news, but if something is BIG, then I hear about it soon enough. At the very least, when I check my email there is some blurb on the homepage, but there has been nothing about it there. I did not know anything about a volcano until a friend from a European country mentioned it in an email & I had to stupidly ask what he was talking about...

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I was thinking the dust is just another ruse or experiment..
In my paranoid state.. I think they just testing to see how easy it is to suspend our rights.
I don't remember this ever happening before, after a Volcano eruption.
I have serious issues when it comes to trusting the "offical" story on anything.
Sucks to be me sometimes.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Mordor is sending its fumes ahead so that the Orc invasion might go along swimmingly.

Last edited:
P

Phantonym

Teehee. I've heard some people jokingly say that the whole volcano issue is Iceland's revenge for the little financial trouble thingy. Instead of cash, they sent us ash. :laugh:

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Lol, perhaps or maybe because not many people know all that much about it scientifically at the moment people have decided to stay clear of the topc altogether, as it does seem rather a large thing to miss from what's been on the news recently. I'm sorry if I offended you by asking where you were from, it was because I didn't want to mention the dust issue if you couldn't relate to it in your area, but now I know that you can we can stay on less intimate topics as I'm more comfortable with that arrangement as well. Apparently experts are saying this cloud may not move until next month, but for the sake of the poor stranded people let's hope they have good contingency plans in place as soon as they can :)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"ash for cash"...hehehe

P

Phantonym

Oh, no worries, I wasn't offended. :) And Iceland has a number of ready-to-go volcanoes nearby, so who knows what will happen. The whole situation just shows how vulnerable people really are and no matter how advanced our technology is, when the system goes tits up, we're all in a shock for a while.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Apparently the volcano could erupt many more times in a very short space of time, which is of course a possibility but it depends whether the media are over-sensationalizing it

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Apparently the volcano could erupt many more times in a very short space of time, which is of course a possibility but it depends whether the media are over-sensationalizing it
Uh huh, and it has big sis next door to it which could be triggered into errupting...
Can't mess with nature

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Hmmm like some sorta weird domino effect gone wrong...Somehow though, despite this people still take nature on, and acheive some truly incredible and aspirational feats, which is admirable, however in conjunction with what Sky said, perhaps sometimes it might be advisable for people to leave nature alone because it can send us into chaos whenever it feels like it.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, you want to get personal. :thinking: I'm not really in the mood at the moment. However, it's good that you brought up the volcanic dust issue, I've been wondering why this topic hasn't been mentioned in the current events section. Seems like a big deal to me after all. Are people's minds so up in the air that they fail to notice anything else around them? Interesting.

The focus has been on the tourists and people stranded, but there are other implications. A lot of goods are sent by air too and a lot of companies besides the airlines are going to be losing money due to missed contracts and late deliveries.

I'm just sort of surprised that no one has a Plan B. It's not as if this hasn't happened before in the past. I'm guessing we'll see a lot of patents on ash-resistant jet engines in the very near future :tongue:

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Teehee. I've heard some people jokingly say that the whole volcano issue is Iceland's revenge for the little financial trouble thingy. Instead of cash, they sent us ash. :laugh:

The Icelandic alphabet doesn't have the letter c :D

P

Phantonym

The focus has been on the tourists and people stranded, but there are other implications. A lot of goods are sent by air too and a lot of companies besides the airlines are going to be losing money due to missed contracts and late deliveries.

Exactly, this influences a lot of people who are dependent on this. And that's not good for anybody. Everything is connected.

I'm just sort of surprised that no one has a Plan B. It's not as if this hasn't happened before in the past. I'm guessing we'll see a lot of patents on ash-resistant jet engines in the very near future :tongue:

I know! Every time something big happens people are in shock or running around like headless chickens. Doesn't anybody think in advance, or the people who do don't have the means to make themselves heard or what exactly is it? Poor management and inability to organize things fast enough? That's what you get for being too comfortable with things that are seemingly working well. Plan B's, ftw. :laugh:

The Icelandic alphabet doesn't have the letter c :D

:laugh: