• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do you hold grudges?

P

Phantonym

I think I do. Sometimes, with some people. Most of the time I find holding grudges a waste of time and energy, so it's basically pointless.

It's not like I spend my every waking hour harbouring the negativity and plotting some evil schemes to cause those people harm. It's not something that's always on my mind but with some people I just can't help but feel reluctant to communicate with after some things have gone wrong.

I can forgive and let go of so many things but sometimes the damage is done and the negative feeling and some subconscious resentment just lingers for a very long time until it's replaced by indifference.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Nope. There are a couple of cases though, where not out of hate, but out of self-preservation I logically choose to not deal with that person because they are blacklisted. But it's not a grudge because they are not in my life anymore, neither of us like each other and we ended our friendship.

Even those people...I don't hate in any way. I might say that I do if somewhere to ask...but I don't really.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rarely. You've got to do something that is damaging to me personally and that really pisses me off. It does happen though. I can think of a couple offhand.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
No, I don't. I don't forget, but I don't hold grudges.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
not usually and if so not for long, I don't care enough to.

sculpting

I cannot. Otherwise I end up harboring negativity and resentment internally forever. So everyone gets forgiven, although some may be avoided.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Life is to short to forgive the bad things people have done to you. I always take vengeance (or otherwhise karma does it for me, happens quite often) and until then I hold grudges.