• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Time to share...

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
What do you love/like about yourself?! :)

I have spoken to several of my NF friends here about how negatively we feel about ourselves. One way to shut up our negative inner critic is to arm ourselves with positive things we like/love about ourselves! I'll start :)

I like my cooking! I think it's cool that I can make up my own recipes (even if I'm unlikely to ever create the same thing twice because I don't usually measure things!) ;) :p I usually like what I create for myself!

I like that I want to help people. I think that's a beautiful quality in me (ok, forcing myself not to go and say...I have nothing to do with it, I was created that way, etc.!) This is me! I am a person who likes helping people, and I am proud of that!

I love my eyes and my smile. :)

I like my quirks! :blush: I wish other people liked them as much as I do and I feel sad when they don't understand, but the truth is, I think it's fun when I'm random! :p :blush:

I kind of like being me some of the time. :blush::blush: :)

Ok, your turn!!! :)

luna~

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you could list more than that ;)

Best thing I like about myself is balance and the ability to grow and learn, and I'm pretty sure that anyone can achieve that, but nonetheless, it is special.

sculpting

oh Luna, you sound so awesome! :hug::hug::hug:

I rationalize away my inner voice. When I find myself filled with negative thought like "everyone hates me or I am such a failure", I then follow with "Does that actually match the external data I see? Does it matter in the big picture? Does everyone have to like me?"

Then I move on. This sort of works but I think the real trick may be to combine that rationalization with self forgiveness as well. If it is a real issue, we have to face it and learn from it, where if it is something we have Ne created and amplified, well rationalization and comparison to external information is useful.

But I dunno...I mean what we really need is a super Fi expert to give us some advice....:smile:

What are the positives about me?

My strength, courage, fortitude, tenacity. My unwillingness to give up. My unwillingness to ever stop growing and learning. With respect to others, the capacity to love them and forgive them no matter what they do, and to fight to protect them. To love like a child, with unlimited honesty and openness, trusting others? Except I dunno, I dont even know if some of this stuff is actually okay anymore honestly....I thought these were good things.

Oh, yeah and me and Gromit like to do interpretive dance in our living rooms....:cheese:

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
*dances through the thread*

They are good things. :)

*dances out of the thread*

HEY! You're welcome here too! :hug: You are always so kind and supportive in your posts!!! I'm glad you dropped in...feel free to linger :) :)

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
I think you could list more than that ;)

Best thing I like about myself is balance and the ability to grow and learn, and I'm pretty sure that anyone can achieve that, but nonetheless, it is special.

:blush::blush: Thanks :blush:

Those ARE special qualities!! I think balance is very important--and something to be cherished! :) :hug:

I also think you are fun, quirky, perceptive, and you have very positive energy! :)

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
oh Luna, you sound so awesome! :hug::hug::hug:

:blush: I do?

I rationalize away my inner voice. When I find myself filled with negative thought like "everyone hates me or I am such a failure", I then follow with "Does that actually match the external data I see? Does it matter in the big picture? Does everyone have to like me?"

That's very smart!! :) I will have to try that!

Then I move on. This sort of works but I think the real trick may be to combine that rationalization with self forgiveness as well. If it is a real issue, we have to face it and learn from it, where if it is something we have Ne created and amplified, well rationalization and comparison to external information is useful.

YEs! It's hard to forgive myself. I used to believe that if I was less than perfect, I didn't deserve existence and God would punish me (I don't believe in a punishing God anymore, and I am learning to accept that to be human is to err!) ;)

But I dunno...I mean what we really need is a super Fi expert to give us some advice....:smile:
:)

What are the positives about me?

My strength, courage, fortitude, tenacity. My unwillingness to give up. My unwillingness to ever stop growing and learning. With respect to others, the capacity to love them and forgive them no matter what they do, and to fight to protect them. To love like a child, with unlimited honesty and openness, trusting others? Except I dunno, I dont even know if some of this stuff is actually okay anymore honestly....I thought these were good things.

They ARE good things! Is your inner voice trying to tell you you can't/shouldn't declare these things publicly? Tell it to shut it!!! YES YOU CAN! :) You're just following orders :p ;) Seriously...you are all the things you mentioned. And caring, compassionate, sincere, loving, and so much more!!! :hug::hug::hug:

Oh, yeah and me and Gromit like to do interpretive dance in our living rooms....:cheese:

That sounds fun!! :) ;)

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Aww, this is sweet Luna :hug:. I have been on and off grumpy all day. This made me smile.

I love that I identity with writers and feel a special glow whenever I read an exceptional book - I am also going to become a writer myself - I am grateful to have this in my life, even when I feel very down, I can always count on this. It has got me through tough times.

I love that I have such loyal and awesome friends! despite being so flawed ... :smile: There is always someone there for me. I hardy deserve it.

I love my ability to understand rather complex, though not always practical, ideas and thoughts about how things work and why they do and how things should work.

I love that I care about principles, integrity and I am a big individualist. :banana:

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good things about me? Hmmmm... perhaps intelligence in multiple areas, being able to articulate what I think and feel in writing, musical abilities, independent thinking, compassion, and doing what's best for me even though it may not be considered in vogue. Although I can put myself together well when I dress up, I am anything but fashionable in terms of music tastes and clothing, and that's okay with me. I have a lot of determination/persistence. I'm good at just being creative in general, intuitively understanding people, doing well in school, and defying traditional gender stereotypes. I'm female, but I like a lot of things most men would such as computers and technology, science, science fiction shows, and prog rock. (I secretly wish I owned the Doctor Who tardis) Yes, I'll get my nerd card, LOL. Perhaps, more succinctly, I'm good at being my own person. I'd risk not fitting in to hold true to my beliefs.

gromit

likes this

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G8XH4WDxP4&NR=1"]Charlie Brown Christmas Dance [/YOUTUBE]

:banana2::woot::yay::moonwalk:

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm pretty easy going, usually don't let stupid things get to me.

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
-i like how i can literally laugh off most criticism.
-i like my unbiased and fair insight in situations.
-i like how i can relate to others easily and people find it easy to confide in me.
-i like how i like to think im intellectual.
-i like that i can easily overlook trends.
-i like that i see the big picture and how it constantly changes, but i know exactly who i am regardless.

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Aww, this is sweet Luna :hug:. I have been on and off grumpy all day. This made me smile.

:) I'm glad this made you smile! I hope you're having a great day so far today :hug:

I love that I identity with writers and feel a special glow whenever I read an exceptional book - I am also going to become a writer myself - I am grateful to have this in my life, even when I feel very down, I can always count on this. It has got me through tough times.

That's awesome! What types of writing do you do...and what do you like to read? I like to write fantasy, poetry, and songs :)

I love that I have such loyal and awesome friends! despite being so flawed ... :smile: There is always someone there for me. I hardy deserve it.

Of course you deserve it!! :hug: I'm happy that you have such wonderful friends...and that you appreciate them SO deeply! :) That alone is enough to show you deserve them ;)

I love my ability to understand rather complex, though not always practical, ideas and thoughts about how things work and why they do and how things should work.

Those are great skills! :)

I love that I care about principles, integrity and I am a big individualist. :banana:

I think you have a lot to appreciate/like/love about yourself! i hope you see it...cause it's obvious to me! :hug:

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Good things about me? Hmmmm... perhaps intelligence in multiple areas, being able to articulate what I think and feel in writing, musical abilities, independent thinking, compassion, and doing what's best for me even though it may not be considered in vogue. Although I can put myself together well when I dress up, I am anything but fashionable in terms of music tastes and clothing, and that's okay with me. I have a lot of determination/persistence. I'm good at just being creative in general, intuitively understanding people, doing well in school, and defying traditional gender stereotypes. I'm female, but I like a lot of things most men would such as computers and technology, science, science fiction shows, and prog rock. (I secretly wish I owned the Doctor Who tardis) Yes, I'll get my nerd card, LOL. Perhaps, more succinctly, I'm good at being my own person. I'd risk not fitting in to hold true to my beliefs.

Simply beautiful! :) You have such a beautiful, gentle soul....and you know it! You are a complete inspiration :hug::hug:

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
-i like how i can literally laugh off most criticism.
-i like my unbiased and fair insight in situations.
-i like how i can relate to others easily and people find it easy to confide in me.
-i like how i like to think im intellectual.
-i like that i can easily overlook trends.
-i like that i see the big picture and how it constantly changes, but i know exactly who i am regardless.

You have a long list of things to like about yourself! I find this very inspiring!! :) :hug: Thanks for sharing!!

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
That's awesome! What types of writing do you do...and what do you like to read? I like to write fantasy, poetry, and songs.

:wubbie: Thanks Luna, you're just a bundle of love.

I used to drink introspective prose up, for example Anais Nin. I can't introspect too much nowadays because of my life at the moment, (I am wearing my ESTJ stress suit) so now I read nonfiction, about people who made a different. I love poetic accounts of the gritty pieces of history and politics, to humanize a situation from another time and place. It combines my two interests.

I actually haven't written for months and months, same reason as above, but I used to write introspective prose :cheese: in a detached voice that observed everything and tries to enforce a 'bigger picture' in the short stories. Soon, I will shed the over functioning of my under function Te.

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
:wubbie: Thanks Luna, you're just a bundle of love.

I used to drink introspective prose up, for example Anais Nin. I can't introspect too much nowadays because of my life at the moment, (I am wearing my ESTJ stress suit) so now I read nonfiction, about people who made a different. I love poetic accounts of the gritty pieces of history and politics, to humanize a situation from another time and place. It combines my two interests.

Your writing sounds very personal :) What about politics and history interests you? I don't find myself very interested in politics...it feels to unauthentic to me! And I never connected much with reading history in general...though I love stories about people's lives and hearing about the past... :)

I actually haven't written for months and months, same reason as above, but I used to write introspective prose :cheese: in a detached voice that observed everything and tries to enforce a 'bigger picture' in the short stories. Soon, I will shed the over functioning of my under function Te.

Do you miss writing...or not so much when you're in this ESTJ state? What is that like for you? Writing has gotten me through much of the madness in my life...though I do go for times without it as well. I don't know why that is?! Something to consider :)

I hope you're having a happy Monday :hug:

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Simply beautiful! :) You have such a beautiful, gentle soul....and you know it! You are a complete inspiration :hug::hug:

Thanks Luna. :) :hug:

I like thinking outside of the box. I like being both feminine and engaging in interests that might not be considered feminine too. Variety makes life so much more fascinating. Plus, I enjoy activities and things that get my tertiary and shadow functions to work their muscles, particularly Ti and Te. One reason why I enjoy science and technology. Having both intelligence and compassion are important for society as a whole, I think.

You are definitely correct that I have a gentle soul. Just do a great deal of protecting the hell out of it.