• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Fi users

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The first time my now-husband told me he loved me I was totally caught like a deer in the headlights. I mean, I thought I loved him, but we really barely knew each other. It was very awkward, but I finally said "ditto." And you know what? Since he really did love me, he stuck around until I could say it with absolute certainty.

I would say it comes down to maturity, but my husband was only 20 when we had our little experience.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's cute that an INTP is watching crappy TV and blaming it on NFPs. <3

Really.... :D

I will be the first to admit that I am reserved in expressing my feelings at times....however, if a man told me he loved me & I returned the feeling, then I would feel safe enough to express that. It would be harder for me to express it first though.

If I was unsure, then I would state that & let him know that I just needed time. I don't expect someone to read my mind.

I agree that it seems this woman was unsure, then realized later she did care for him, & now she wants to rewrite the past. I don't see how this connects to Fi though.

Chaolioe

MBTI Type
xNxP
Enneagram
i don't believe her. i think she realized after he left how she felt and it was too late.
I absolutely agree with this statement. He left and her hurt made her reflect and pretty much think "Oh shit, that was love... I fucked up."

ON the other hand.. love is a hard word to say. I think too often it gets thrown around and isn't meant.
I've had someone say they love me within the first day of a relationship, I kindly told them that I couldn't say it back, but that they should wait because it should come.

Two weeks in, he admitted it hurt him too much for the love to be unrequited, I had to figure myself out.
I spent a few hours looking up definitions of love and scribbling key-points on my arm until I realized I did love him.

It wasn't until months later I realized I was IN LOVE. They are different.

Maybe the girl in the show loved him, but wasn't in love so she didn't want to say it.
I tell my friends I love them constantly (a hurtful thing for my boyfriend since it took me a while to say it back to him), but I say it to them because I know they don't desire me to be IN LOVE with them, and they understand that my words do not mean I am in love but rather that I care extra deeply about them.

I feel it's a superbly important difference that many people neglect.