• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ti] ENFP & Ti

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
To me, Fi and Ti are very similar. The way they work is essentially the same. The difference is what building blocks Fi or Ti uses to come to conclusions. Ti will draw from what it feels are objective,'logical/factual' whereas Fi doesn't pretend to objective (well...most of the time) and is guided by what is 'right' by objective logic. Fi draws the building blocks from principles, feelings, etc. and is guided by what is 'right' by subjective logic.

The thing is, both Ti and Fi are drawing from a personal internal inventory. Decisions based on Ti are not necessarily more "correct" than those based on Fi. The Ti process is still personal to the user, so the person may choose wrong or inaccurate building blocks. Just look at a group of NTs arguing amongst themselves about what the best way to XYZ is.

Personally, I feel I often use combinations of Fi or Ti. For me, they seem to operate very similarly at least.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
To me, Fi and Ti are very similar. The way they work is essentially the same. The difference is what building blocks Fi or Ti uses to come to conclusions. Ti will draw from what it feels are objective,'logical/factual' whereas Fi doesn't pretend to objective (well...most of the time) and is guided by what is 'right' by objective logic. Fi draws the building blocks from principles, feelings, etc. and is guided by what is 'right' by subjective logic.

The thing is, both Ti and Fi are drawing from a personal internal inventory. Decisions based on Ti are not necessarily more "correct" than those based on Fi. The Ti process is still personal to the user, so the person may choose wrong or inaccurate building blocks. Just look at a group of NTs arguing amongst themselves about what the best way to XYZ is.

Personally, I feel I often use combinations of Fi or Ti. For me, they seem to operate very similarly at least.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ i agree with how similar they are!

that said, my Ti really sucks. :blushing:

though i wonder if i don't use it more than i think, in regards to language. i am very picky about my specific wording.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

i think they are different in other ways also, Ti knows why it came to some conclusion, Fi just feels that this is the answer. meaning that Fi is missing the logical structure of Ti and i think this is quite huge difference between the two functions. Fi can use structures similar to Ti, but i think they are more like layers that you just feel is right or wrong and then combining the layers into a single answer(but usually the answer you get from this is done by evaluating it with what feels right, instead of math like answer that Ti would give), while Ti layers are all like single puzzles that he can explain. but i do agree that they are quite similar in many ways

The thing is, both Ti and Fi are drawing from a personal internal inventory. Decisions based on Ti are not necessarily more "correct" than those based on Fi. The Ti process is still personal to the user, so the person may choose wrong or inaccurate building blocks.

i think this personal inventory is true with NTP types and its called Si. i dont really know if Ni can work the same way in STP types, but im pretty sure that there are definite differences in this personal inventory. because NTP types(especially intps since they have stronger Si) tend to restore the details of logical principles in this internal inventory. maybe the STP types tend to restore and draw logical principles for big picture from their internal inventory?

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Am I the only ENFP who thinks he has decent Ti? 0.o

I don't think it came fully naturally though. I'm doing my masters in philosophy, so for 4 years I've been in the most NeTi environment you can think of. That really changed the way I thought. If you compared the thought processes of myself in high school and myself right now, I'm sure the differences will be evident. I think it's pretty much always with Ne though. For what it's worth, though I believe I have decent Ti, I do find Ti specific topics like logic to be weaker than more Ne related ones. Even when I see arguments in logical form (sort of like the algebra of philosophy) I kinda wish it was just put in word. My Ti dom friends do seem to do a bit better than me in strictly Ti topics.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
^No, I think I have decent Ti too.

I would never do much because it just FEELS right. Maybe it's because I grew in a environment where I had to justify myself to everyone, but I learned to fuse logic with my decision making process. And I can see that logic chantingly dramatically when I'm angry where I will dabble more in Te to justify my actions.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
^No, I think I have decent Ti too.

I would never do much because it just FEELS right. Maybe it's because I grew in a environment where I had to justify myself to everyone, but I learned to fuse logic with my decision making process. And I can see that logic chantingly dramatically when I'm angry where I will dabble more in Te to justify my actions.

:woot:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Moiety said:
Maybe it's because I grew in a environment where I had to justify myself to everyone, but I learned to fuse logic with my decision making process.

haha, i had that kind of an environment too - but i just learned to put my feelings into rational language. i didn't learn to integrate Ti-style logic.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Moiety said:
Maybe it's because I grew in a environment where I had to justify myself to everyone, but I learned to fuse logic with my decision making process.

haha, i had that kind of an environment too - but i just learned to put my feelings into rational language. i didn't learn to integrate Ti-style logic.

SHERLOCK HOLMES

MBTI Type
Ne
Well, i am a enfp using Ti above Te..i am almost an xNTP with Fi.in tests mt T anf F are almost equal..i compete with NT in analysis and is the most emotional boy i know. Fi and Ti together helps with analyse all the SAFe things..i hope its clear

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, i am a enfp using Ti above Te..i am almost an xNTP with Fi.in tests mt T anf F are almost equal..i compete with NT in analysis and is the most emotional boy i know. Fi and Ti together helps with analyse all the SAFe things..i hope its clear

Ti and Te are qualitatively distinct and mutually exclusive. I understand WHY you are saying what you are saying, but your conclusions indicate a misunderstanding of the typology. The problem is that any short description of Te and Ti is inadequate for understanding the qualitative distinctions between them. Both are "logical", but one is outwardly directed, manifesting in the real world, the other is inwardly directed and very introspective.

It is fairly common for ENFPs to have difficulty to determine whether they are ENFP or ENTP, as dominant Ne is very idea-oriented, and that can easily overshadow the accompanying Fi or Ti. Combine this with the tertiary Te or Fe being extroverted, and it obscures the T/F distinction even more. An easy way to help you distinguish which you are, which functions you use, is to determine whether it is easier for you to understand NTPs or NTJs. ENFPs tend to see past NTJ abrasiveness, and really appreciate NTJ directness and insights. ENTPs on the other hand have more difficulty dealing with NTJs, and much prefer the precision of INTPs, for example.

SHERLOCK HOLMES

MBTI Type
Ne
thankyou for commenting uumlau ,
i think i am an ENFP, and i am comfortable with INTx but more than other ENFPs and NPs, i tend to be more logical..it is what confuse me the most..i am very sensitive to direct criticism and almost create a safe zone so that i dont get depressed easily from other's comment. i go well with other people but i am afraid of ExTx more because they tend to be more insensitive..My mathematical and analytical skills are good and i get into lot of debate (brainstorming would be better) over a variety of subjects with my INTJ friend .He has remarked that i am the most compatible one he's ever found.In Order to explain my thinking i would like to say how i responded over your reply to my message.this might be silly but the best example i might give
i read your comment
read your name >uumlau
thought why you gave that name
i could be due to certain keyboard pattern (i assumed) or just because found it silly to give a mundane name
tried to figure out what pattern it might be (in 4 is valid)
after 1 try, realised it would be pointless to think on such an abstract thing and i am wasting my time

another problem i face when i check my mbti > it is said that Ne is my dominant and Si is the 4th function..but i use past memories @ a VERY large scale to learn and improve myself , good memories of past visual, Smell , and most importantly MUSIC (when i hear the music i was hearing i am particular occasion ,say when i was with someone...when i play it again after say, some months back..i get the same emotions i had in the past... i do it often and i remember places which i visited in past well..) but at same time i forget mundane things easily...i remember only 20 names in my class out of almost 60.. whom i am very popular with and interact with everyday
i am also extremely artistic. and is like my ISFP friend ..when i am with him..all i do is draw and design and draw and design
i assume my four primary functions are Ne=Fi=Ti=Si..in not so different magnitudes
.please don't criticise me instead correct me because all i have is a lot of messes and it might be due misunderstanding..well ENFP is the closest and most comfortable one i am with
sorry for making it so long

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, you sound like an ENFP. An NT wouldn't be so worried about creating a safe zone to avoid being depressed.

As such, keeping with the typology, that would mean you are Ne-Fi-Te-Si.

Yes, Si is a big part of you. It's kind of at your core, in your unconscious. The main problem is that it isn't really under your control, so much as an all-or-nothing presence in your life, which is how the "eruptions" as per Quenk occur.

There is legitimate debate as to whether Jung thought that the tertiary would be Te or Ti (in your case as ENFP). The evidence and experience I've seen indicates Te. For instance, older ENFPs I know are quite proud of their ability to organize things and keep schedules (a very Te thing), even as every area of their life that they don't specifically organize like that is quite chaotic. It's that Te side of ENFPs that helps them understand INTJs as well as they appear to, just as their Fi side resonates with the INTJ's tertiary Fi.