• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] To INFP's and ENFP's...

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
i said the same thing after i joined. i thought i was infp and then asked if i could just be both haha

i still sometimes wonder way down in there if i'm wrong...no clue why.

What made you decide you're an ENFP, and what makes you question it at times?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
because i question evvverrrything haha

but because i realized that i actually do get high on an energy buzz being around people...have we already had this conversation tho? i feel like i've just said this but anyway...because i write like that ^^^ unfiltered thoughts...i talk like that...think while speaking or writing...and...several people here on my help me figure out my type thread helped....heart said wearing what ought to be on the inside on the outside...haha

really just learning about it more and seeing myself more accurately.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm beginning to think I'm simply a mix or something! I don't like being social most of the time and I feel awkward in social situations, in groups especially. I am more comfortable with strangers funny enough! I have no problem speaking to someone I don't know...but put me in a group of people (whether I know them or not!) and I need a time out! I don't like spending too much time with people...but I do yap about my day or other things on my mind if I feel comfortable with someone. I have to have time to myself or I get cranky and out of sorts. But when hubby needs time to himself, I often wonder if he's mad at me?? *wondering out loud* is it possible to be a mix of INFP and ENFP?

Try not to confuse shyness & introversion. Shyness is social anxiety that may cause someone to find it difficult to speak to strangers or to new people. It involves a fear or feeling of inadequacy; it's not an energy/stimulation issue.

Being such an expressed introvert, I tend to see "confused" people as extroverts, because introversion seems so obvious to me, especially the contrast of myself with other people. Everyone can get tired after talking awhile or annoyed with crowds, but where is the focus of your mind?

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Try not to confuse shyness & introversion. Shyness is social anxiety that may cause someone to find it difficult to speak to strangers or to new people. It's involves a fear or feeling of inadequacy; it's not an energy/stimulation issue.

Being such an expressed introvert, I tend to see "confused" people as extroverts, because introversion seems so obvious to me, especially the contrast of myself with other people. Everyone can get tired after talking awhile or annoyed with crowds, but where is the focus of your mind?

I think, if I understand correctly, that the focus of my mind is probably outward. I need the approval of others, so I seek it out. If that makes someone an extrovert, then I know now that I am. (If I'm misunderstanding you, please let me know I'm on the wrong track!) :)

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I have finally settled with INFP after being everything else and sometimes I try to describe why I do seem extroverted at times. After some thinking I believe I'm extroverted only when I feel like my parents, or friend thinks I'm sad because I don't want them to worry about me. So I say I'm an Introvert that has learned to deal with people. :)

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
because i question evvverrrything haha

but because i realized that i actually do get high on an energy buzz being around people...have we already had this conversation tho? i feel like i've just said this but anyway...because i write like that ^^^ unfiltered thoughts...i talk like that...think while speaking or writing...and...several people here on my help me figure out my type thread helped....heart said wearing what ought to be on the inside on the outside...haha

really just learning about it more and seeing myself more accurately.

Thanks for repeating yourself :blush: I often need specific details to him me in the head to understand something :doh: I am thinking I'm an ENFP, too. Thanks for your help!! :)

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
I have finally settled with INFP after being everything else and sometimes I try to describe why I do seem extroverted at times. After some thinking I believe I'm extroverted only when I feel like my parents, or friend thinks I'm sad because I don't want them to worry about me. So I say I'm an Introvert that has learned to deal with people. :)

Hmm, that's very interesting....and it must have been very difficult for you! It;s hard for me to seperate who i was before my mom told me she wanted me to be extroverted and popular and how much that plays into my personality...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh no that wasn't me saying weren't you listening! haha i was really wondering if it was you i just said this to or someone else in some other thread with the same question.

let's get all systematic about haha...that doesn't sound like fun but i was going to suggest you tell us what parts of the profile you relate to from each...but that sounds like a lot of work.

maybe you should read the other threads on here that talk more about it too?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think, if I understand correctly, that the focus of my mind is probably outward. I need the approval of others, so I seek it out. If that makes someone an extrovert, then I know now that I am. (If I'm misunderstanding you, please let me know I'm on the wrong track!) :)

Yes, that is the track I am on. Introverts are in a way, more focused on themselves. It may seem "self-absorbed", but for INFPs, it's really introspection, which not only allows a greater understanding of self, but of humans in general.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah i don't feel like i need others approval but i need more information and value outside perspectives...i like to ask for advice and then process it alone and decide...but everyone does that i guess...i'm confused about what my point was but i don't think i seek out approval...it's more like you will accept me you punk! cuz...see i so nice n shit or somethin haha

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
oh no that wasn't me saying weren't you listening! haha i was really wondering if it was you i just said this to or someone else in some other thread with the same question.

:) I do have a tendency to miss things that are right in front of me...so I assumed that's what happened lol

let's get all systematic about haha...that doesn't sound like fun but i was going to suggest you tell us what parts of the profile you relate to from each...but that sounds like a lot of work.

i did that in another thread...if I can find it, I will paste it :)

maybe you should read the other threads on here that talk more about it too?

I've been reading the threads on INFP and ENFP and I relate strongly to both! I'm thinking Orange Appled is prob correct and I'm ENFP though, just perhaps with low self esteem so I seem more introverted to myself and others. I'm not 100% on this yet, but it's starting to make sense for me. :)

I like your photos btw...are they you? They're very expressive! (I bet an ENFP is more likely to say that than an INFP...if anyone would like to chime in!) ;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
very possible yeah...i'll have more of an opinion after i know ya more. :D

and no not me just some pics i like. :D

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
yeah i don't feel like i need others approval but i need more information and value outside perspectives...i like to ask for advice and then process it alone and decide...but everyone does that i guess...i'm confused about what my point was but i don't think i seek out approval...it's more like you will accept me you punk! cuz...see i so nice n shit or somethin haha

lol That's so not me!! I expect that people aren't going to like me very much and I'm surprised if they do :blush: What's your enneagram number? I'm a 6w5.

I think you have a positive attitude about yourself...I'm much more awkward! :p (In high school, I thought no one liked me until the end of senior year when people signed my yearbooks. It turns out they did like me...they just thought I was quiet and shy.) Your energy leaps off the page :)

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
this doesent mean that you would be an enfp.

It doesn't? *confused* I would think that INFP's would seek approval from themselves while ENFP's would seek it from others? Isn't that a more extroverted behavior?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
does it? i'm not that energetic in for real life...hmm

but...i test 7w8 but am maybe 7w6 i can't totally decide.

i honestly assume everyone likes everyone until they do something to make them not like them.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It doesn't? *confused* I would think that INFP's would seek approval from themselves while ENFP's would seek it from others? Isn't that a more extroverted behavior?

That might be Fe vs. Fi or come down to self-esteem. Although, how do you mean "approval"? I think Lady X explained it well.

I do like outside perspective and to consider other points of view, but I tend to look inward mostly, and I use consultation to further narrow down options when I'm having trouble deciding. I think ENFPs are more likely to "think aloud" and INFPs will present their thoughts in a more finished form. Both will still bounce ideas off of people, but INFPs do more exploring in their head before voicing anything.

The idea of the focus being inward or outward still stands though.