• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do NFs like Tetris?

You are...

• An INFP who likes Tetris

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • An INFJ who likes Tetris

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • An ENFP who likes Tetris

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • An ENFJ who likes Tetris

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • An INFP who dislikes Tetris

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • An INFJ who dislikes Tetris

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • An ENFP who dislikes Tetris

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • An ENFJ who dislikes Tetris

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Am I still supposed to be playing tetris? It came out when I was about 15.

P

Phantonym

No, I don't like it. I LOVE it. :alttongue: I guess I have a thing for playful manipulation and once the plan comes together nicely, forgetting all about it. :laugh: I love to gather all four rows and wait for the I tetromino to show up, so they can all have a party at once.

Am I still supposed to be playing tetris? It came out when I was about 15.

Start playing it again! Nostalgia is highly addictive. :D

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I selected INFJ even though I wasn't an F at all, but I just wanted to see my own poll results, so, yeah, if you're bothered about the accuracy, take one of INFJ that likes it.

Snow Turtle

Yes! Though I'm not an NF. It's just that there's no tetris threads :(

For those who like Tetris, can I recommend a SNES game called Battle Gaiden? It's old school tetris combo-ed with fantasy magic :D
One of my child hood games along with bomberman. Yes, I'm a Nintendo Fan. ^^

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcArcZYxEgw"]Tetris![/YOUTUBE]

G

garbage

loved it enough to program a few variants of it

fond memories of The New Tetris on Nintendo 64, for some reason

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I LOVE TETRIS. :yes:

Actually, it is interesting that you should have posted this thread. I first played Tetris probably when I was 14 or 15 and my brother and I were quite addicted for several years. I started playing it again recently, and have played a lot in intermittent bursts.

I noticed something especially interesting about Tetris a few months ago. I was going through an unpleasant interpersonal situation which was causing me a lot of nervousness, stress and upset...and when I use those words, I'm talking the kind of stress and upset that cause me fatigue, nausea, and destruction of peace of mind.

I was playing Tetris quite a bit at this time and it really helped me to relax and, to a certain extent, switch off. Basically I find that while I was playing, my mind was probably still ruminating over my problems and worries to a certain extent, but a lot of the sting was taken away. I couldn't entirely stop thinking about this stuff but physically and emotionally I felt a lot calmer while I was playing.

Anyone have similar experiences with this or a similar game? Any comments on why this would happen?

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I LOVE TETRIS. :yes:

Actually, it is interesting that you should have posted this thread. I first played Tetris probably when I was 14 or 15 and my brother and I were quite addicted for several years. I started playing it again recently, and have played a lot in intermittent bursts.

I noticed something especially interesting about Tetris a few months ago. I was going through an unpleasant interpersonal situation which was causing me a lot of nervousness, stress and upset...and when I use those words, I'm talking the kind of stress and upset that cause me fatigue, nausea, and destruction of peace of mind.

I was playing Tetris quite a bit at this time and it really helped me to relax and, to a certain extent, switch off. Basically I find that while I was playing, my mind was probably still ruminating over my problems and worries to a certain extent, but a lot of the sting was taken away. I couldn't entirely stop thinking about this stuff but physically and emotionally I felt a lot calmer while I was playing.

Anyone have similar experiences with this or a similar game? Any comments on why this would happen?

Funny you should mention it, but that is actually the exact experience I've been having lately. My dream girl is beyond my reach and I've been having a lot of negative feelings about everything, but it does feel a lot better when I'm playing tetris.

gromit

likes this
Well, I put that I like it because I used to play it on my graphing calculator in high school allllll the time, so that I would close my eyes at night and see the little blocks falling, slowly, steadily... that's when I realized I should probably back off.

Same with Snood. Anyone remember that?

P

Phantonym

Yes, that's how I operate. It is relaxing. Repetitive action, where it's like half of my brain is quite intensely involved with that action but the other half of my brain is in turn quite intensely shifting the bits and pieces, allows me to come to some kind of a conclusion about any kind of problems or thoughts I have. For me it's not only with similar games, it can be any kind of activity. I guess I just have to find that point where I can relax to such an extent for this kind of thing to happen.

Why would this happen, I have no idea really. It's like, you know when the best ideas just happen to come when you're not trying to come up with good ideas? Take your mind off of it, relax, do something else and bam! here it is. :D That's how it's always been for me at least.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, that's how I operate. It is relaxing. Repetitive action, where it's like half of my brain is quite intensely involved with that action but the other half of my brain is in turn quite intensely shifting the bits and pieces, allows me to come to some kind of a conclusion about any kind of problems or thoughts I have. For me it's not only with similar games, it can be any kind of activity. I guess I just have to find that point where I can relax to such an extent for this kind of thing to happen.

Why would this happen, I have no idea really. It's like, you know when the best ideas just happen to come when you're not trying to come up with good ideas? Take your mind off of it, relax, do something else and bam! here it is. :D That's how it's always been for me at least.

It's great...very refreshing! Tetris is almost a religion. :D

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I think Tetris is boring as hell.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I can't imagine Tetris having any personality ramifications. It seems to be a game anyone can enjoy playing. I used to play a lot and be really good at it.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I :heart: Tetris.

I even found a way to download it on my cellphone.

I love stacking the pieces into a gigantic solid one and waiting for the longest piece to drop down..