• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Confrontational ENFP - unusual?

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
Less than twenty minutes ago, in school, I set my stuff (books, etc.) down on a table in our library, assuming that is where I was going to sit. Quickly I left to go to the bathroom, and when I came back, I found my stuff was missing, and two people occupied the four person table. At first I was just going to grab my belongings ON THE OTHER SIDE of the room and let it go, but I just couldn't. Instead, I walked up to the two, and calmly asked 'Did you move my stuff?'. Of course, the reply was 'Yes' with a staredown. I took this an ran with it. The female would not look at me, but the male was nearly challenging. It pissed me off. 'You could have just moved my stuff over, I would have grabbed it when I came back. You didn't have to move it across the room, that is rude.' The conversation went on for a few more lines, ending with me walking away angrily and saying, 'Don't touch my shit you little fucker.'

Yeah, I am USUALLY like this. If you give me a reason to bitch, i'll bitch.

Is this usual for an ENFP?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
*Subscribed and looking forwards to the replies*

Lol

sculpting

I'd like to refer you to the ENFP bitchslap thread from awhile back...It covered many facets of how this can play out.

Yeah, we can get a little pissy, be very direct, and quite confrontational if you piss us off.

It can be angry or just be direct.

But yeah I rarely back down if I am correct. My ideal solution is to logically, line by line, address and issue and seek resolution.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
If someone is an asshole, and I'm in a bad mood.

normally, I just smile at the world to make friends and make people happy

but today for instance I purposefully knocked slightly into some silly girl who didnt look before standing up in the dining hall. she said sorry very nicely. I ignored her & walked on.

but this is extremely unusual for me...

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
When people arent considerate it gets me angry, although I try to stay composed.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I am confrontational, but it is never for no reason. It is either because I think someone has been unfair to me, is acting like a total moronic dipshit and I don't want them to do something bad to themselves, or because they are holding me back in some way.

Then, I'm a steamroller. But I really have an overly developed Te....

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm a sweet person all the time, like all NFs.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm very confrontational yeah, and why would one not act like you did in that situation even? I'm not some pinball in this world to just adapt to how others are for the sake of a false sense of harmony.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Depending on the situation, I give people a killer look that makes them crawl under their desks, or I go up to them and Te bitch-slap them.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Just to clarify, my way of being confrontational doesn't require that last part of "don't touch my shit". You can be confrontational and not be moved by anger.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, it is. I can be a scary bitch if you fuck with me. I'm not violent, but I will confront, even intimidate people if necessary. My ENFP sister is like that too. And from what I understand, Kyuuei, who is an ENFP on this site, is in the military and has absolutely no problem confronting people quite regularly within that context.

We are called The Champion, after all.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
People are giving the word "confrontational" a bad connotation in this thread btw. Confronting is not a bad thing and should never be regarded as such.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Cool, not only that ENFPs understand INTJs. They also make good bodyguards.
It looks that you are trully perfect for us masterminds.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Confrontational isn't a bad thing - especially if you can just be Te direct without getting all Fi carried away with it.

I think it is sometimes given a more negative connotation with women, though, even in this day and age.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It sounds like you stand up to bullies, which I admire.

sculpting

People are giving the word "confrontational" a bad connotation in this thread btw. Confronting is not a bad thing and should never be regarded as such.

Confrontational isn't a bad thing - especially if you can just be Te direct without getting all Fi carried away with it.

I think it is sometimes given a more negative connotation with women, though, even in this day and age.

Yeah-I think Marm is right here. 95% of the time I can be very direct. Very pointed but without a real emo component at all. That last 5% percent-emo-spew.

It is interesting as I see this same Te stuff in my enfp older executives-but it can look intense and passionate on the surface.

But yeah as a woman in a work environment, being confrontational implies a bitch. I had a very good ESTJ boss who told me "Never apologize". She was a rock star and is now a VP at another company.

I think the trick is to develop a "mask" like the other types have. I just say what I mean, which can be blunt or scattered or whatever. (Or crazy-my entp says I say all the crazy things she thinks. I say them in meetings mostly) My main purpose it appears is to show up in meetings and induce massive anxiety in NTPs, thus prompting them to fix things.

The only way I get away with it, is that most of the time I am silly-stupid-funny. That and my NTPs have learned that I do it out of passion for my customers, not self interest or promotions. So they forgive my craziness and have learned to trust my troubleshooting abilities.