• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Confrontational ENFP - unusual?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Te, I has it?

Every ENFP does. But that's not it necessarily. I'm extremely confrontational and my Te usage is poor. I think it's just an outlook on life.

Besides, what you did isn't doesn't make you a confrontational person. It made you confrontational in that scenario for whatever reason.

sculpting

I use to Te to think-although not like a Te dom or aux.

But even with crap Te development, we still have it. I think when we get pushed really hard emotionally, we can emotionally overload Fi-then our sad emo turns to Te funneled rage and we incinerate people.

A softer version would be funneling that emo into a productive Te solution to the problem-but yeah really depends on how fast the emo bucket gets filled up.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Less than twenty minutes ago, in school, I set my stuff (books, etc.) down on a table in our library, assuming that is where I was going to sit. Quickly I left to go to the bathroom, and when I came back, I found my stuff was missing, and two people occupied the four person table. At first I was just going to grab my belongings ON THE OTHER SIDE of the room and let it go, but I just couldn't. Instead, I walked up to the two, and calmly asked 'Did you move my stuff?'. Of course, the reply was 'Yes' with a staredown. I took this an ran with it. The female would not look at me, but the male was nearly challenging. It pissed me off. 'You could have just moved my stuff over, I would have grabbed it when I came back. You didn't have to move it across the room, that is rude.' The conversation went on for a few more lines, ending with me walking away angrily and saying, 'Don't touch my shit you little fucker.'

Yeah, I am USUALLY like this. If you give me a reason to bitch, i'll bitch.

Is this usual for an ENFP?

Yup. Excess energy can take the form of aggression under the right circumstances.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd like to refer you to the ENFP bitchslap thread from awhile back...It covered many facets of how this can play out.

Yeah, we can get a little pissy, be very direct, and quite confrontational if you piss us off.

It can be angry or just be direct.

But yeah I rarely back down if I am correct. My ideal solution is to logically, line by line, address and issue and seek resolution.

+1

I don't start fights. When a confrontation arises, I decide if it's even worth it to proceed, which 98% of the time, it isn't. But if it is, and I feel like something MUST be said, then I'm willing to tangle. Confrontations are exhausting though, so like I said, I weigh each one heavily before engaging it.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
i developed a mental picture of what i'd do in that scenerio. i'd go to the other side, get my stuff and come back and sit down while putting them on ignore. if all 4 seats were taken i'd pull up a 5th.
and hey, see where it takes us:)

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
about half the NFPs i know are confrontational. its not unusual. i think said behavior will happen to any type regardless, everyone has their off days.

sculpting

:rofl1:

Hell yeah.

I really have no idea what you are talking about.

2340087032_c8efaa6026.jpg

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I'm so sleepy from my red eye but I wanted to add how gender might play a part as well. Two ENFP I know and a 3rd guy who I thought might also be ENFP are not ones to shy away from fights. Actually, ask Nomadic about how he likes to talk ish to other guys! LOL. My ENFP male friend actually had a car chase with some neo-nazis (okay, maybe slight exxageration, they might have just been punks, i dunno) in his hometown bc as he was leaving a 7-11 said neonazis were staring at him too hard so he yelled at them, 'What the fuck are you looking at?!" and said car chase ensued.

I think women are often taught growing up to swallow down anger or any justified loud/angry/confrontational reaction/behavior so it often gets repressed or comes out sideways (passive aggresive, seemingly sudden tirades) and sometimes gets displaced or softened in not as damaging ways. Men are definitely more encouraged and expected to be traditionally "confrontational" and don't have to apologize for it.

Anywhoo, as Fi is partly just wearing your emotional nerve center on your outside in a way, i.e. 'leading with the heart' - I wouldn't be surprised if ENFP men were more hotheaded than ENFP women.

Also, I think enneatype speaks volumes, too. A 7w6 or 7w8 is likely to push back hard or pre-empt aggression and a 3 will not knowingly be made a fool of in public.

And it also depends on context and who is pushing whom first. Confrontation happens everyday in many small and large scales. It doesn't necessarily imply physical violence or altercations.

Ok, sleepy time now for me!