• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] unexpected visitors at your home

sculpting

This. I am drunk.

I drank the whole time she was here.

I value my time alone. I have my little condo, my isolated spot. It is my shelter in which I sit and just chill. On the weekends I dont plan things-mostly I just chill out with my kids. I sit on the front steps while the toddler plays with his toys in his pile of sand. Sometimes I read a book or I paint little pictures. I let my thoughts drift through Ne, watch the clouds, watch the wind in the trees...think about topics of interest to me.

I showered this morning, put on a little sundress and just savored a day without plans. So I was sitting ruminating on antisocials thread, when someone knocks at my door.

It is another enfp. She comes in, starts talking and stays for two hours. She leaves her two children behind for me to watch. She drinks my beer, eats my food, and just talks. For two hours. She wouldnt leave. She talks about things I do not care about.

I feel-OFFENDED. My sanctuary has been invaded. This IS MY PLACE. If I wanted you here, I would have invited you. I would have asked you here. To just stop by, hang out for two hours? I was so pissed. If I wanted you here I would have answered your phone calls. I did not.

The only person who can do this-my best friend ENTP. The rest of the world-Fuck no. If I do not invite you, do not just drop by unannounced. If you do so, make it a few minute visit then leave. Dont just hang out.

Fuck.

So the point of this thread-Am I alone on this one? Do other people find this offensive and annoying?

(gO DRUNK POSTING!)

P

Phantonym

Oh...:eek:...that's my worst nightmare. I can relate. I am happy to host people from time to time but they have to give me at least a day's notice beforehand so that I could have time to get ready for it. It's not about cleaning up the place or anything, it's more about mental preparation for people, indeed, invading my place. I consider my home my absolute sanctuary, it's "My place" as well.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't get too many people dropping by. Most of the ones that do, I don't mind. I really don't like cleaning house, though, so if you don't want to see a house that needs cleaning, give me a couple of days notice. Then don't expect too much.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My friends know better than to drop by. I just won't let them in. I just tell them (and I aint lying) that the place is a mess. And they should've given me a heads up.

The only ones that do this are actually the real estate people who're trying to get this building sold. Pisses me off completely. We've stopped answering the doorbell unless we are expecting someone and pretend we're not home. And since no one else is this rude..it works just fine.

I have no problem with people dropping by, but let me know. Otherwise, I aint home. Even if I am. I'm off in my own little inner world and the sign 'do not disturb' *will* be on the door.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Unless its someone coming over to have surprise hot sex with me or they bring a big bag of weed.. I hate uninvited "guests" :dry:
I am still a good host when they do though.. I figure if they want to come hang out with me.. they must be having some kind of real hard time..

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
i don't have that many friends in the first place, lol.

no, i mean they always text me, if they'd like to spend time with me and vice versa. i wouldn't let anyone in, if i wanted to be alone... i can understand you being annoyed, if she just walked into your house without asking :D

btw, i'm drinking right now, too.

Jaguar

People know better than to do that to me. :laugh:
I won't answer the door.

sculpting

i don't have that many friends in the first place, lol.

no, i mean they always text me, if they'd like to spend time with me and vice versa. i wouldn't let anyone in, if i wanted to be alone... i can understand you being annoyed, if she just walked into your house without asking :D

btw, i'm drinking right now, too.

I have these huge front windows-I just stared out them. Surely you jest? But no...

Yeah on beer three now. :cheese:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Why were her kids allowed to stay? I would have said, "Your kids don't have to go home, but they have to get the heck up outta here."

sculpting

Oh yeah, I do that too. Purely out of spite. Inconsiderate jerks who don't know how to use a phone so that I could tell them not to bother coming. :dry:

hehehe, oh, I would have just not answered the phone... I didnt actually...

ring, ring,ring, I am so not picking it up. but Sky you can stop by anytime okay?

and Jag too... and yvonne too.

sculpting

oh, Amar too!

whatcha drinking yvonne? I only drink stouts myself.. or porters. Only girls drink see through beer!

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Another question: The ENFP's I know tend to go stir-crazy if they don't have the company of others. I know everyone likes some amount of time to themselves, but I actually know an ENFP who was given a nice place of her own to live with the condition that she could not have roommates. About 3 months into this arrangement, she couldn't take the loneliness and moved back in with an old roommate that she didn't get along with so that there would be someone around.

What do you ENFP's have to say in regards to the balance between alone time and having others around/being lonely?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
that's so rude! tell her you have to leave soon or you have work to do and she'll hopefully get the hint.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My old ESFJ neighbor used to do stuff like that. I would just stare at my laptop and vaguely nod at her endless chatter until she got the hint.

Jaguar

Do what Carl Jung did to get out of having to do things he didn't like - faint. :D