• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] any sx/so infjs?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
4s, 5s, 9s, etc?

i'm wondering if there is a very greater likelihood for introverts to have sp in some part of their stacking, tho a know an infj 4 girl who's an so/sx.

i can see a very different quality for infp 4w5 sx/sp and sx/so types than others. i am trying to imagine the differences between sx/so and sx/sp in 4w5 an 5w4 inf types especially, altho same with sx types of 9.

i'd be interested in any famous people as reference points too.

for infp, brando seems infp 4w5 sx/sp, heath ledger probably infp 4w5 sx/so.

i think thom yorke is infj 5w4 sx/sp, the way he looks back at the crowd that follows him and distrusts them so much that he pities them, loathes them, hates them, etc. the kind of so inferior quality that sx/sps have, the fear/paranoia of the world. same with kafka. or milan kundera. i could see hunter s thompson as sx/sp too.

i'm wondering about goethe sx/__, and leonard cohen sx/so? it would help me figure out if leonard cohen is enfj or infj (leaning towards e).

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
4s, 5s, 9s, etc?

i'm wondering if there is a very greater likelihood for introverts to have sp in some part of their stacking, tho a know an infj 4 girl who's an so/sx.

i can see a very different quality for infp 4w5 sx/sp and sx/so types than others. i am trying to imagine the differences between sx/so and sx/sp in 4w5 an 5w4 inf types especially, altho same with sx types of 9.

i'd be interested in any famous people as reference points too.

for infp, brando seems infp 4w5 sx/sp, heath ledger probably infp 4w5 sx/so.

i think thom yorke is infj 5w4 sx/sp, the way he looks back at the crowd that follows him and distrusts them so much that he pities them, loathes them, hates them, etc. the kind of so inferior quality that sx/sps have, the fear/paranoia of the world. same with kafka. or milan kundera. i could see hunter s thompson as sx/sp too.

i'm wondering about goethe sx/__, and leonard cohen sx/so? it would help me figure out if leonard cohen is enfj or infj (leaning towards e).

Leonard Cohen is an ISFP is he not??

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I think I am so/sx, which seems less common for infjs.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Leonard Cohen is an ISFP is he not??

i don't see that at all- it doesn't make any sense to me. i feel pretty confident with nfj, i just can't determine infj or enfj. he physically looks more enfj to me, but most folks seem to think infj makes more sense. i could possibly see enfj 4w3 like oscar wilde. as an in-the-moment speaker, he just relates so perfectly all the time. he never seems to miss the mark. always a very complex response, aware of the perceptions of others, the language of emotion, etc. plus enfj is the perfect crossover hit for both infj-infp.

I think I am so/sx, which seems less common for infjs.

that makes sense with you wondering about enfj/infj. my impression is that so/sx is really flexible, light-hearted (comparatively), disarming, etc. what do you notice about the differences?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
i don't see that at all- it doesn't make any sense to me. i feel pretty confident with nfj, i just can't determine infj or enfj. he physically looks more enfj to me, but most folks seem to think infj makes more sense. i could possibly see enfj 4w3 like oscar wilde. as an in-the-moment speaker, he just relates so perfectly all the time. he never seems to miss the mark. always a very complex response, aware of the perceptions of others, the language of emotion, etc. plus enfj is the perfect crossover hit for both infj-infp.

That actually sounds very ISFP to me.

This is going to sounds faceitious but it is not my intention.
MBTI is a personality and congnitive assesment tool.. SO how on earth are you applying physical characteristics to it?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That actually sounds very ISFP to me.

This is going to sounds faceitious but it is not my intention.
MBTI is a personality and congnitive assesment tool.. SO how on earth are you applying physical characteristics to it?

i don't know how to describe it, and it's generalizations, but that's what Fe does. we mimick and perform gestures internally. my pet theory is that Fe is based on extremely high concentration of mirror neurons. i let my imagined sense of other help me perform myself.

and i just sense a pattern with how those resonate with me. he feels like a slightly inverted john updike to me, maybe 4w3 vs 3w4, both probably enfj.

also, isfps, in my experience, have more conflicted speech. it takes more effort to find where someone is coming from and find a way to translate their holistic intelligence into words. Fe types are far more organized by words, oftentimes, it seems to me. i don't know what i'm gonna say 'til it comes out at the very last minute, like my voice is deciding as much as my brain, based on my perception of how i want to come across.

most of the isfps i know are rather close-lipped. i can see when we're relating, but it's not as much of a conversant, hyper-vocal kind of relating like with Fe types who want to talk, talk, talk.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
that makes sense with you wondering about enfj/infj. my impression is that so/sx is really flexible, light-hearted (comparatively), disarming, etc. what do you notice about the differences?

I feel like there's a distinct difference in outlook between the people who lead with sp and me - maybe more reserved, need more recoup time after being with people, and more concerned about privacy generally. For example, I feel like I do need a little alone time, but as long as people allow for spaces in the conversation from time to time or if I can get away for 5 or 10 minutes here or there, I can recharge fairly nicely. I would be pleased to have people drop by my house unannounced (provided they were people whose company I like and they can hang loose if things are a little messy right then), whereas I think many sp types don't appreciate or enjoy that. I'm not completely sure how much though is upbringing, what types your parents were, the circles you turn in, your line of work, and your experiences that also may contribute to those differences. I don't know enough who enough so/sx people are to be able to compare. The INFJs that are 4s with an sp instinct seem to me like the kind that have elevated Fi levels compared to some other INFJ types. I may be mistaken though. I would probably categorize myself as pretty flexible for most things and am happy to leave a lot of choice up to the people I am with. However, if plans suddenly change from something I really had set my heart on (eating somewhere I really liked that I would not have the opportunity to go to much for example), it might take me about 10 or 15 minutes to rethink it or it may bother me if I feel like I give the person lots of scope for their own decisions most of the time. I'm fairly resistant to trying some kinds of new things on my own, although I appreciate those who (sensitively) push me to do so. I usually need some time to get used to the idea first. I prefer to avoid committees entirely (don't really identify with the teamwork description of INFJ learning), or if I am on one, then I would like to either be running it (if it's something I really care about), or be a drone, but not have all of us being equally contributing members.

What do you think, State?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
i don't know how to describe it, and it's generalizations, but that's what Fe does. we mimick and perform gestures internally. my pet theory is that Fe is based on extremely high concentration of mirror neurons. i let my imagined sense of other help me perform myself.

and i just sense a pattern with how those resonate with me. he feels like a slightly inverted john updike to me, maybe 4w3 vs 3w4, both probably enfj.

also, isfps, in my experience, have more conflicted speech. it takes more effort to find where someone is coming from and find a way to translate their holistic intelligence into words. Fe types are far more organized by words, oftentimes, it seems to me. i don't know what i'm gonna say 'til it comes out at the very last minute, like my voice is deciding as much as my brain, based on my perception of how i want to come across.

most of the isfps i know are rather close-lipped. i can see when we're relating, but it's not as much of a conversant, hyper-vocal kind of relating like with Fe types who want to talk, talk, talk.

Thank you.. that was well explained..

I never shut up.. and finding the exact word is easy and paramount to me.
I love to talk..

Page 205 of Please Understand Me.. "ISFPs are the most misunderstood type"
page 206.. The number of Great Artists who upon investigation were found clearly to be ISFP, is truly awesome. Music and dance seem almost exclusively the province of ISFP.."

No one ever seems to give the "artist" his due..
That is all I am saying..

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a 4 sx/sp.

That certainly seems like the case. Especially so with introverted judgers.

...differences between I and INFJs who are sp/sx or sp/so. Hmm, I would say I am more direct, have more of a desire for close contact, am more open once a person is past the initial barriers. But less settled emotionally, and always seeking and rarely finding.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel like there's a distinct difference in outlook between the people who lead with sp and me - maybe more reserved, need more recoup time after being with people, and more concerned about privacy generally. For example, I feel like I do need a little alone time, but as long as people allow for spaces in the conversation from time to time or if I can get away for 5 or 10 minutes here or there, I can recharge fairly nicely. I would be pleased to have people drop by my house unannounced (provided they were people whose company I like and they can hang loose if things are a little messy right then), whereas I think many sp types don't appreciate or enjoy that. I'm not completely sure how much though is upbringing, what types your parents were, the circles you turn in, your line of work, and your experiences that also may contribute to those differences. I don't know enough who enough so/sx people are to be able to compare. The INFJs that are 4s with an sp instinct seem to me like the kind that have elevated Fi levels compared to some other INFJ types. I may be mistaken though. I would probably categorize myself as pretty flexible for most things and am happy to leave a lot of choice up to the people I am with. However, if plans suddenly change from something I really had set my heart on (eating somewhere I really liked that I would not have the opportunity to go to much for example), it might take me about 10 or 15 minutes to rethink it or it may bother me if I feel like I give the person lots of scope for their own decisions most of the time. I'm fairly resistant to trying some kinds of new things on my own, although I appreciate those who (sensitively) push me to do so. I usually need some time to get used to the idea first. I prefer to avoid committees entirely (don't really identify with the teamwork description of INFJ learning), or if I am on one, then I would like to either be running it (if it's something I really care about), or be a drone, but not have all of us being equally contributing members.

What do you think, State?

i think so dom seems far more flexible, fluid, open, and naturally receptive to a diverse stream of inputs. it's not so impatient and is much much much better at handling frustration that sx types, who demand immediate change. the sp gets more frustrated, apathetic, and potentially resentful. i feel my energy rise too easily in a way that can hamper positive maneuvering, at times.

the so/sx e4 infj girl i know was much more go with the flow. very matriarchal, mothering/nurturing, not intensely focused on you but aware of the whole social context/situation, monitoring it very very well. i lose my bearings in terms of social context somewhat easily (it is an inferior instinct), and i have this kind of all in or all out quality. i'm either intensely focused on you, what you're doing, where you're going, how we're intersecting, or i'm kind of distant and getting a sense of something that is private (this distance i think is why they describe sp as earthy, mysterious, etc). like just a sense of weird diffusion beyond the scope of the group, connecting to something broader, less contextual, more ecological.

i also generally dislike unexpected interruption unless it's from the very few people who can immediately pry me open. generally this works best with enps, who are great at immediately locating wherever you are in your own kind of emotional/mental headspace. it requires no effort from me because the connection is just already open, as if the language for communicating is just natural and effortless unless it is deliberately being blocked for ego reasons, drama, etc. with other types i probably have to gear up a little more, and the sense of self-consciousness, of wanting to be interpreted in a way that i find is accurate and still positive, makes me expend more energy.

so/sx types, and i know mostly nfp so/sx types, seem very light-hearted, gregarious, socially skilled, funny and self-deprecating. it's very reassuring, and the /sx makes them capable of finding the differences, relating very specifically, providing recognition, while still allowing you a looser kind of less self-aware freedom, liteness, buoyancy.

...differences between I and INFJs who are sp/sx or sp/so. Hmm, I would say I am more direct, have more of a desire for close contact, am more open once a person is past the initial barriers. But less settled emotionally, and always seeking and rarely finding.

the constant seeking is a general quality of all sx people, and the rarely finding more so with the /sp types, vs the /so types who find all the time? i want to understand how sx/so operates in order to realize my way, and realize some of the problems that hamper me from finding, some of the obstacles that i do not see that i have allowed to multiply themselves within my way of thinking, seeing, evaluating etc. but also to realize what is POSITIVE about the /sp grounding that sometimes i feel like sx/so types could benefit from as well in a similar way to how i benefit from /so openness in them (coming to terms with the inferior, etc).

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
4s, 5s, 9s, etc?

i can see a very different quality for infp 4w5 sx/sp and sx/so types than others.

What does the difference look like to you?

I have always been really curious about this, especially when you then add in a 3 wing to a four. I can sense a difference too but don't know how it actually comes off to others.

(Sorry, I know this isn't a helpful contribution to your OP.)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lady Gaga

[youtube=8uMIHNWXADI]Lady Gaga on Paris Première[/youtube]
[youtube=6qF9SpvrRUs]Lady Gaga on Larry King[/youtube]

She's clearly Sx/So and I think she is INFJ, she's typed as INFJ here: Famous INFJ And Fictional INFJ People And INFJ Careers | How To Grow, Profit & Organize Your Business.

I think it's accurate, Gaga is not an extrovert and there's an Ni/Se balance as a core process with her. I also see a lot of Fe, she say her fan are "her family", she's very organised and hard working in order to release her values, namely her passion for pop art, pop culture, etc. She say "fame is just a way to be connect with the wild human being community, but you don't need that because you're actually always connected", "I don't want that my fans love me, I want that they love themselves as a person". She consider herself as a loner artist. All of this sounds very INFJ to me.

On the link are also listed Hitler and Luke Skywalker. Despite Hitler is an ENFJ and Luke an INFP, they are both Sx/So, Hitler was a 6w5, Luke is a 9w1. Lady Gaga is a 6w7. For adjascent types, there's also Leo Trotsky, ENFJ and 5w6 Sx/So, Sylvia Plath, ISFJ and 4w3 Sx/So, you also quoted Heath Ledger, INFP 4w5 Sx/So.

Also, of course, don't forget Prince, INFJ 4w3 Sx/Sp.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't know her at all, but after one video i'm saying 7w8 sx/so for sure, probably istp.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lady Gaga

[youtube=8uMIHNWXADI]Lady Gaga on Paris Première[/youtube]
[youtube=6qF9SpvrRUs]Lady Gaga on Larry King[/youtube]

She's clearly Sx/So and I think she is INFJ, she's typed as INFJ here: Famous INFJ And Fictional INFJ People And INFJ Careers | How To Grow, Profit & Organize Your Business.

I think it's accurate, Gaga is not an extrovert and there's an Ni/Se balance as a core process with her. I also see a lot of Fe, she say her fan are "her family", she's very organised and hard working in order to release her values, namely her passion for pop art, pop culture, etc. She say "fame is just a way to be connect with the wild human being community, but you don't need that because you're actually always connected", "I don't want that my fans love me, I want that they love themselves as a person". She consider herself as a loner artist. All of this sounds very INFJ to me.

I think she's probably an introvert (although I haven't seen enough interviews either to really make that call), but I don't think she's INFJ.

Ni/Se, yes, but I can't say Fe vs. Fi. And none of the quotes or reasons you think she's Fe are exclusive to Fe or INFJ. The focus/style of her presentation, the way she's marketed herself and types she has appealed to, as well as her music reminds me quite a lot of both Madonna and Cher.... I think she's probably SP.

Edit: Also, for her to be INFJ I'd have to be convinced she's *dom-Ni*, of which I'm not. I think Se comes before.
Edit2: But I also don't particularly care, so don't need to be convinced. :laugh:

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think i know a 9w1 infj so/sx. most laid-back infj ever.

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx

Enfjs are initiating contact and Infjs are more so responding. How a performer acts on stage is no indication of which is the case necessarily. I guess you'd have to read his biography for more info wether he's an extrovert or introvert. To me he seems introverty... <--- correct term
I'd say that Leonard Cohen is hands down an NF, his songs are overwhelmingly spiritual.
Submitting evidence: http://www.shambhalasun.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3144&Itemid=247
He spent a years in a Zen monastery. He's got such a great sense of humor...
I love the Goodbye note after he left a monastery he'd retreated to the first time around
dearroshi.jpg

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok I've gotto ask this...what does sx/so mean?