User Tag List

BeExcellent to EachOther Luminous's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hellena Handbasket View Post
    I think maybe you had too much coffee, Hellena... maybe we can calm you down with some nice herbal tea.
    ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ★
    -: ✦ :-

h n g ⊱ 9✶S✶5✶X✶2 ⊰ g h t
    ★ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴇʟꜱ★
    Likes Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Thanks @Angel Cake. I've been okay for the last 7 or so years. I hope your sore throat goes away soon!
    I don't know if aloe will help. I'll have to try some and see lol. I have really annoying skin allergies (as well as the usual nasal congestion stuff). The worst affected are my ankles/shins, but also the back of my thighs. I think my lower legs are from the animals and grass. It occurred to me a few moments ago that my thighs are probably from my bird.
    I just cleaned his cage and watched as his dander drifted down onto my chair

He has the worst friggin dander problem. He was abused before I got him 8-10 years ago. I've only held him a couple of times from necessity. He never leaves his cage. He's a very cranky old man and he'll bite any finger that gets too close. I put a bird bath bowl in his cage, but he only drinks from it.
    I should get another squirt bottle to spritz him with. That would probably help and it doesn't seem to bother him all that much.
    He's a cockatiel so when I spritz him, he'll raise the feathers on his head in curious alarm, but that's it lol.

He's my buddy and the only one of the animals that I actually enjoy. He "flock calls" me whenever I leave the room. He gets cranky if I lay in bed (where he can't see me) while the "suns" are on. If it's bedtime and dark, he's okay.

AND, he's my rant of the day so far. He's being an especially cranky boy. I cleaned his cage (he screeches at me the whole time lol), his bowls, replaced his food and water... but he's STILL a cranky boy. If he keeps his noise up, I'm going to lower his blanket and make him take a nap!

Oh yeah... one of the other cats is in death throes I don't know why the virus is hitting older kittens and cats this year. Bully Boy (5+ years) is extremely sick with it too. Cooji (the one dying) is less than a year old. Her litter mate is the picture of perfect health. I don't understand this virus at all any more.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    974 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaylin View Post
    Thanks @Angel Cake. I've been okay for the last 7 or so years. I hope your sore throat goes away soon!
    I don't know if aloe will help. I'll have to try some and see lol. I have really annoying skin allergies (as well as the usual nasal congestion stuff). The worst affected are my ankles/shins, but also the back of my thighs. I think my lower legs are from the animals and grass. It occurred to me a few moments ago that my thighs are probably from my bird.
    I just cleaned his cage and watched as his dander drifted down onto my chair

He has the worst friggin dander problem. He was abused before I got him 8-10 years ago. I've only held him a couple of times from necessity. He never leaves his cage. He's a very cranky old man and he'll bite any finger that gets too close. I put a bird bath bowl in his cage, but he only drinks from it.
    I should get another squirt bottle to spritz him with. That would probably help and it doesn't seem to bother him all that much.
    He's a cockatiel so when I spritz him, he'll raise the feathers on his head in curious alarm, but that's it lol.

He's my buddy and the only one of the animals that I actually enjoy. He "flock calls" me whenever I leave the room. He gets cranky if I lay in bed (where he can't see me) while the "suns" are on. If it's bedtime and dark, he's okay.

AND, he's my rant of the day so far. He's being an especially cranky boy. I cleaned his cage (he screeches at me the whole time lol), his bowls, replaced his food and water... but he's STILL a cranky boy. If he keeps his noise up, I'm going to lower his blanket and make him take a nap!

Oh yeah... one of the other cats is in death throes I don't know why the virus is hitting older kittens and cats this year. Bully Boy (5+ years) is extremely sick with it too. Cooji (the one dying) is less than a year old. Her litter mate is the picture of perfect health. I don't understand this virus at all any more.
    Awww sounds like something the doctor might need to check out if it gets worse. Hope your skin allergies improve!
    And thanks dear feeling better now, for some reason I get a sore throat almost every morning these days... drinking warm fluids with honey does help a bit though.

Also, dear goodness anyone who abuses cockatiels (or any other pet for that matter) is a real monster...
    My heart goes out to Bully Boy and little Cooji as well poor dears...
    Just because somebody does not love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Confessions of a Kashmirican

Johari: https://kevan.org/johari?name=~MS*ANGEL~
    Nohari: https://kevan.org/nohari?name=~MS*ANGEL~

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    "And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"

The Fear of Falling Apart Eryn Silverfrond's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    729 so/sx

Nervous about the immediate future.
    With all due respect,
    -Eryn Silverfrond,
    & Gentleman Jack.

I am the Cat who walks by Himself; and all places are alike to me
    Se>Fi>Si>Fe>Ne>Ni=Te>Ti
    ESFP 7w6 2w3 9w8 so/sx

Reflective.

Exhausted...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

@Angel Cake You wake up with a sore throat? Does it get better as the goes on? If so, you might be snoring more than usual lol. How's the humidity in your bedroom? Glad the honey helps

The birds previous owners were ??? then 2 little kids who shook the cage and yelled at the birds when they made too much noise. The ??? was a relative who gave 2 birds to the kids after they, themselves, didn't like the noise (or some other reason I've forgotten). I joked with one of the kids who was best friends with my youngest, saying I would gladly take the birds off their hands. Her jaw dropped as if I told her she won the lottery and I received the birds the very next day.

I named them Vlaski (now Isabirdie ) and CeeCee. CeeCee had a large tumor on her belly and died about 3 years later. Isabirdie couldn't have been happier to have the cage to himself. I don't know if they were siblings. They tolerated each other, groomed one another and such as well, but they never tried to mate and Isabirdie bullied her sometimes.

(I renamed him as a sort of inside joke. Just as people tend to yell at their kids using the names of their other kid by accident, I would frequently ask the bird-
    "[Mad?]Why is that doggy.. no kitty cat... Ooo's not no kitty cat, hims is a birdie. Tell me birdie, Say: Get it right lady! Say, I is a birdie, not no doggy; not no kitty cat!" Yeah, I talk to my bird in baby talk rofl)

My new rant is that my AC has not improved much after the Lysol and lint trap brush to clean it. I need to look up the manual to see if I can safely take the vent off and then just reach in there and scrub it. I see lots of mold but I can't reach it and the brush is too flimsy and awkward to do a good enough job.

BeExcellent to EachOther Luminous's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9 sx/sp

ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ★

h n g ⊱ 9✶S✶5✶X✶2 ⊰ g h t
    ★ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴇʟꜱ★

Will this low ever end?...
    it's frustrating / annoying af