• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do you like your own type in other people?

sculpting

I married a female version of me. So yes.

I turned out to be the only successful way that I could actually have more of me. And I'm quite fond of me, so . . .

you should clone yourself and get a few extra of you...or I guess you could just have kids.

When younger I did not like other enfps. I didnt know very many and the few I knew seemed very silly. I always hung out with NTs. However in the last few years I find them and I have realized they are just like me, but I squish it all down inside and hide it.

So now we play like little kids. I also find oddly, that my ENFP supervisors in upper management, are highly protective of me. My entp made the mistake of calling me out in a meeting I wasnt in and my enfp boss got "the look". My entp said it's the look I get before I try and kill people.

My enfps on my level-there are a few. I held one's hand the other day while she cried and I tried to explain why it is she judges herself so harshly and why it is okay to detach from her job emotionally.

The other was a guy. I can actually hug and hold this guy in a very intimate way, yet it isnt about sex at all. He was in a great deal of pain after breaking up with a girl. So I hugged him and told him he was an enfp and it was okay to be emo. The girl had said he cried too much and was a baby.

eye contact with other enfps-we just get each other. I have to say it is comforting to interact with other enfps here, as i dont feel so strange. You guys "feel" my feelings, if that makes sense.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Er...most INFP's are nice resonable people. Several, I like a lot. I have mixed feelings though. XNFP, I like in general...mostly. I think age and life experience play a big factor in this though.
I don't always like to see aspects of myself reflected back at me though, and some times "other" INFP's have a wierd ass vibe (I'm sure I do too.) As if you aren't quite present. I've never met an INFP IRL, that I've clicked with. A few on line.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
fun story:

the other day I met this girl and we hit it off RIGHT AWAY, discussing our mutual university major, taste in clothing, taste in music

and then we decided we were in love

and then she was telling me about psychology class and how she wished there was a lecture on mbti

then we discovered we were both way too interested in mbti... and both enfps.

she's my new best friend.

it was so weird.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ive met few INFPs and INTPs in real life so I dont know how Id feel about them.

I do know there are plenty of INFP's I like on the internet. I dont have so many interenet INTP friends, perhaps because many of those one can pick up on these forums seem to like out-roboting each other.

When I think about it, my RL experiences are similar.

The single INFP Ive met was :wubbie: delusionally idealistic :wubbie:, but utterly adorable. While one of the two INTPs Ive met thinks he is a robotic, logic god who has all the answers. He is very elitist but keeps it underwraps by not talking to people he finds "wouldnt understand him".

The other INTP I know is a depressed alcoholic. Nice, intelligent guy though.

Still, I think I would like my own type(s) in other people, if only I could find some more balanced examples of the species.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
fun story:

the other day I met this girl and we hit it off RIGHT AWAY, discussing our mutual university major, taste in clothing, taste in music

and then we decided we were in love

and then she was telling me about psychology class and how she wished there was a lecture on mbti

then we discovered we were both way too interested in mbti... and both enfps.

she's my new best friend.

it was so weird.

haha! i love it! when i started work there were two people that i immediately adored...like oh yay!!! you're here today!! just felt really happy to have them around...i eventually had them both take a test and they're both enfps. :D

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
haha! i love it! when i started work there were two people that i immediately adored...like oh yay!!! you're here today!! just felt really happy to have them around...i eventually had them both take a test and they're both enfps. :D

actually, I was reading a couple of your posts when I like first joined and thought you sounded a bit like me, and then I saw you were an enfp and it made me happy :)

not to be a total creep lol

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha that is funny...it's hard to describe that feeling...it is like a feeling of instant best friends or something...or like instant comfort...like a sibling or something...or at least that was my experience with those two. :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I married a female version of me. So yes.

It turned out to be the only successful way that I could actually have more of me. And I'm quite fond of me, so . . .

haha i love that. i know people say they need balance or someone who is good at the things they're not. i just don't agree...i think for me someone who views the world similarly would make me happier too.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
haha that is funny...it's hard to describe that feeling...it is like a feeling of instant best friends or something...or like instant comfort...like a sibling or something...or at least that was my experience with those two. :)

exactlyyy!

Like, when I met my first enfp friend, she just walked into my dorm room, introduced herself and started talking about how she wanted to end her 3 year relationship and everything she said sounded like it could have me speaking instead.

we've understood each other almost perfectly ever since and this was 2 years ago :)

who needs other perspectives? haha they tend to make me nervous when other people's opinions are in direct contrast to my own and expressed emphatically such as by extreme judging personalities.

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
some INFPs can really bug the eff out of me sometimes... when we talk too much and the conversation gets so abstract and silly that its unbearable. i havent met any other INFPs as hard headed as I, which is probably a good thing. but i just absolutely love to be in their aura's. i am attracted to them moreso than any other of my friends. if im in a group of a bunch of my friends we always end up being by each other. its just refreshing. an unspoken bond.
i feel like i can relax around them.
when i met my INFP girlfriend on our first date we ended up just laying down next to each other for like 3 hours. we were awake, up until the end we got pretty sleepy though haha. i dont think we spoke much and it wasnt like there was a feeling of being obliged to say something either. it was just so nice being with them.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INFP, and yes I do for the most part. Especially when they're a similar enneagram to me. I do feel like though, compared to some people of my age, all my functions are pretty well developed, so it's kinda annoying when people are all Fi, all the time, when I just want to have fun with my other functions. I also relate way more to INFP and ISFP 9 cores than the 4 core Fi doms, the 4 cores and especially ISFPs tend to have a bitter edge that I can't relate to. I have a softer spot for my dual ESTJ and my near-dual ISTJ. ESTJ, I appreciate that they are straight to the point and I find their inferior Fi fascinating, tugs at the heart strings. ISTJs have stronger Fi, but I still find it fascinating in the way that ESTJ Fi is, and I find their Ne seeking charming and I can see them trying to be one with their Ne and my Ne just wants to help. Fi in ESTJ is similar, they seem to be less vulnerable about their Fi seeking, but you can see it brewing in them, and how it really motivates them behind the strong Te.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don’t like anything that seems like a reflection of my own faults and abnormalities

GoggleGirl17

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They usually end up feeling more like older/younger siblings, like there is some sort of familiarity there, but I can tell we are meant to live different lives. The sweet spot for me tends to be intuitives with tertiary Fi or inferior Fe. With other Fi-doms, I find they tend to be so confident in their own way of engaging with Fi that it can feel more like butting heads or like I have nothing to offer them in the connection, rather than anything complementary taking place. I enjoy exploring Fi through other functions and finding where the point of unity is between them, and I enjoy individuals (ISFP or not), who are open to doing the same thing, who are not overly invested in their way of seeing things and just want to grow as humans.

Last edited:

Janelle

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
7w8
I think I know 2 ENTPs in my lifetime, one is a crazy Ne-ENTP, the other one is an analytical Ti-ENTP. I can discuss about a lot of things all in out of boundaries with the Ne-ENTP because he is very open minded and friendly. We became good friend very quickly. As for the Ti-ENTP, it is a bit hard to deal with in terms of connecting our ideas, when we disagree about something, it turns a bit awkward because she becomes quiet, maybe because of her Fe is holding her back to argue since she has an unfortunate life background. On the internet wise, it’s actually pretty awkward to connect with the other ENTPs, unless they let go of their overly stimulated Fe and goes a bit wild and crazy on discussing things, then it would be fun.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don’t like anything that seems like a reflection of my own faults and abnormalities
Relate to this a lot.

Anyway was going to post, as someone who kind of relates to all MBTI-types, I hate them all.

In addition to that, 4s and 6s are the most annoying enneagram types to deal with for me. (8s too but I don't have that in my tritype.)

LenaOnTheMoon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Not always… most of my friends are either INFPs or INFJs because like calls to like… but there was this one girl, the same type as me, who got on my nerves at first. There was something odd about her that I couldn’t place my finger on.

After a series of misunderstandings we became friends, but I realized something about her. She would tell me about her “deep dark secrets” that flattered me at first but soon grew unsettling. I felt like she was punishing me by making me feel guilty for the misunderstandings in the past, though I had no proof. She told me she was often ostracized by her peers because they didn’t like her personality, and I could see why. She was spiteful, self-centered, gossipy and unsympathetic. She talked about people behind their backs. She constantly talked about herself. And she could never seem to realize her flaws, claiming that it was “their fault” if “they didn’t like her”. She was a spoonful of toxicity, and once I began to struggle under her influence, she left me.

That was when I began to alter my ways. Prior to our friendship, I was quite similar to her in many ways, in terms of self-centeredness and stubbornness. I didn’t like seeing myself in a girl I despised. I realized that listening to others instead of going on and on about yourself is the key to establishing deep connections with other people. Bit by bit, I improved myself, and became a healthier INFP.

I hope no one ever runs into people like her, but I’m glad I learned from the experience.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
I would say generally, yes, although MBTI breaks down at the individual level (i.e. individual personality plays a higher role). So there are likeable and not so likeable even among your own type. But similar types are at least usually easy to understand.

I find INTP's are too rare to run across many in the wild though. I think I know only one in real life that I consider a friend. I've probably met a few others, but never got to know them that well.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can't say I've ever come across another INTP in meat space, but I'd be open to doing so.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The few I met in person, I took to immediately and had the best discussions and shared projects with (we instinctively understood each other and shared similar working styles and interests, and our expectations and sense of humor were similar ); but some of the more extreme online versions, not as much sometimes.

Basically people you meet IRL tend to have been forced to stretch beyond their raw selves and are more grounded in understanding and interaction style, whereas online sometimes you just run across extreme versions of a type and those can be extremely solipsist or idiosyncratic in approach.

Flexible is great, rigid is less so.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've met a few in real life. Including women.

I met one not long after graduating from college; this was the first tine I was in California. He had an interesting way of thinking which I could nevertheless follow, and wanted to know about esoteric subjects. We actually still keep in touch in Facebook (when I was on it), by which I mean we would comment and like each other's posts.

I've met one or two on a dating app. She knew a lot about everything, and could talk about so many fascinating subjects, but seemed somewhat directionless in life. More put together than the two male examples I've known. With her, the chemistry was so intense (this was not just me but her opinion as well); I've rarely felt anything like this since. Naturally, we never became a couple.

There's another example of meeting an INTP woman but it's too embarrassing for me to share.

I would say I usually find INTP's likeable in person. I liked all of these people.

Last edited: