• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do other Nfs enjoy sports/working out?

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
If star gazing toned me, I'd be so effing in shape :)

P

Phantonym

I'm not that keen on team things. I hate the gym. The smell makes me gag. But I actually love working out. Yoga, cardio, squash, swimming, power walking, cycling, skiing and so on. It makes me feel good and I don't really think so much about getting in shape or whatever. It's just fun, gets the blood pumping.

But the one problem I have with all that is that I'm not consistent. It takes a while for the habit to set in and I get so incredibly bored and I feel really pressured if I must do the same thing every week or so like the aerobics classes. Then I start to fight it and it's not fun at all. If I can avoid that feeling of pressure, then I'm happy to do lots of different things. :)

ConstantlyImagining

MBTI Type
INFJ
I really dislike sports. I am abysmal at them and I am afraid of getting hurt, or perhaps hurting someone else during playing them. Most sports also are typically a bit too violent and aggressively competitive to my taste. I also dislike watching them.

I understand that exercising is sometimes important for health and partake in it sometimes.

All that being said, to fulfill the sports requirement to acquire ready access to university, I have to partake in a sport and I am- badminton.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I really dislike sports. I am abysmal at them and I am afraid of getting hurt, or perhaps hurting someone else during playing them. Most sports also are typically a bit too violent and aggressively competitive to my taste. I also dislike watching them.

I understand that exercising is sometimes important for health and partake in it sometimes.

All that being said, to fulfill the sports requirement to acquire ready access to university, I have to partake in a sport and I am- badminton.

Awesome!
icon14.gif

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
I loooove team sports even though I am mediocre at best. I currently play:

Softball
Volleyball
Kickball (hee-hee)
Dodgeball (double hee-hee)

In the Past:
Basketball
Track & Field (shot-put & discus)
Dance (bring on the East Coast Swing)

As far as the gym goes :workout:...I have to have a workout partner or go to some kind of hard-core competitive gym that has structured workouts (Crossfit / Boxing) or I will just wander around running my mouth, becuase the gym is boring. Don't like the gym much.

Fecal McAngry

I totally don't.

One of my best friends is a tennis playing Estp made me work out for like over an hour today and I'm in so much PAIN.

everyone loves working out, loves the gym, blah blah. I hate it. People are gross & sweaty & its so physical and boring and its stressful and BLEH

is this just me?

I tried cross country and cheerleading and besides the fact I'm 100lbs with no muscle and no coordination, I feel like I'm so N I get BORED with the entire ORDEAL. I am speaking for just myself as an enfp.... but maybe I need more S... bc i can't do this everday to get "toned"

bc my friend says if I dont get toned, despite being 100lbs I'll be flabby when Im thirty. It was a hurtful & stressful comment.

thank you for allowing to vent.

others opinions?

Here is my suggestion as a wise olde INFP who used to be a personal trainer, has been around for a long time, has worked out for a long time, and has a "point of view."

While I certainly have perspectives on what approximates optimal exercise regimes, diets, supplementation and so one for purposes of "optimal health" and yada yada yada--and I'd be happy to share if you're interested--the reality is that in most cases--the exceptions involving chronic overtraining--the ideal exercise is the one you will do, regularly. If that's ballroom dancing, or swimming, or Judo...by all means...

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
team sports, gay.
except baseball.

working out, gay.
except when your bmi is 15 and you look anorexic and you need to work out.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I love working out, I love the gym, I love power walking. I also like taking dance lessons and being kinetic. Working out doesn't have to be boring. There's lots of fun you can have that also happens to be good excercise. Like rock climbing. Some big cities (SF, NYC) offer trapeze or straight up circus classes. When it comes to being a gym monkey, I like the outfits I can wear, I like zoning out to my music on the treadmill.

I don't know how much excercise/movement is related to being an NF, but I personally enjoy it.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
estp friend "Point each leg at a 90 degree angle- NO KEEP YOUR ANKLES STRAIGHT. Now bend down, back straight- DO NOT BEND YOUR BACK MISSY- alright now hold it for 5 and a half seconds"

From this alone, I can tell that your friend absolutely knows squat.... :D

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hated gym class cos I didn't have the best kinesthetic skills. But, I enjoy shooting baskets on my own, playing ping pong, tennis, bicycling, brisk walking, muscle toning, yoga, and love to dance.

I usually bring music with me whenever I'm doing toning exercises, cos those can be a little onerous.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
From this alone, I can tell that your friend absolutely knows squat.... :D

lol whys that?

and update on my fitness schedule... bc im sure you're all RIVETED lol.

I went to the gym for half an hour today and didn't want to kill myself afterwards :) ran 3 miles, no toning exercises. lots of ipoding.

dont quite enjoy it. dont quite loathe it.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I always feel anxious working out in shorts like they're going to ride up

and I hate t-shirts

and I only own cheerleading sneakers... bc yes I attempted cheerleading for a year before they started enforcing 6am practice. I like sleeping and drinking in my college waaaay too much for this.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Sleeping and drinking override anything athletic in my book.

I'm 20, I wanna be young whilst I'm young.

I'll wake up at 6am after college when I have work, children, and more to worry about then how much mango vodka is currently hidden under my dorm bed.

eff 6am practice.

lamp

Yes. I race Downhill mountain bikes and run through the streets at night. Though I could manage the gym. No music when I run, music sometimes when I am riding casually. No music when riding intensely.

I think the competitive mindset is interesting and helps me be a shiny star and all that shit. I stay away from ball sports because I have poor depth perception/lazy eye. I used to swim when I was young but found it somewhat boring.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I love working out. There's something fantastic about sweating through my clothes while going ninja on the universe, with my " Eye of the Tiger" theme song pouring out of the sky for everyone to marvel at. It's awesome.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
I tend dislike most sports. Overtly competitive and aggressive environments make me uncomfortable. I fear letting my teammates down to the point that I'd rather just not participate.
Also, I don't like having to pay attention to rules, scores, etc for extended periods of times. There's also the fact that I am a complete weenie who's afraid to be physically hurt.

However, I enjoy running and walking on my own. I can daydream and listen to music without worrying too much about structured aspects such as routes, goal distances, time, etc.
Less structured forms of dance (compared to something like ballet) can also be fun.

I force my self to lift weights at the gym, but inconsistently and, thus, with little progress.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
I was a total tomboy as a child. Only girl playing basketball with the boys, bloody knees, sweaty,... the fun stuff. Now I enjoy exercise and sports more for how good they make me feel afterwords. It's like how reading and writing stimulate my mind, exercise shows appreciation for the healthy, capable body I have. These days my exercise is typically: martial arts, kendo, DDR, and tennis. I unfortunately lack friends who enjoy most other sports. That said, I DESPISE watching sports. Hehe.

B

brainheart

I used to be a pretty athletic person- primarily individual stuff (hiking, running, yoga, rock climbing, snowboarding, swimming, weights) coupled with a bit of tennis. But I get bored really fast. If I've done it, I'm done. I can totally visualize myself doing it, so then I'm like, blah, what's the point? Rock climbing and snowboarding were definitely the most interesting, though. I liked the intellectual challenge, the strategy involved. And nothing beats swimming in the ocean or in a nice big lake. I just get very bored in a pool.

I think a lot of it for me was sort of self-medicating. Now that I'm on medication, my body no longer has the desire. It gets it out playing guitar instead. I do still go for walks, though, and I'm trying to get motivated to get back in shape. But without that motivation... blah.