• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] "The Know-It-All", bestseller written by an INFP

seamaid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
"The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World"

I just picked this up at the bookstore two days ago, and it's a very entertaining memoir. I'm pretty certain it's written by an INFP. The author is a magazine editor attempting to read the entire Encyclopedia Britannica from A-Z. He's refreshingly honest, openly neurotic and painfully self-conscious, but at the same time, his sense of humor is totally awesome!

Anyway, thought I'd recommend it! This discovery was so delightful to me that I thought I'd ask if you guys know of any other books written by INFPs?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a strange feeling our kind has a rather bad habit of being prolific writers, at least from a few other threads based on this subject. Might have something to do with it being easier to write about the stuff in our heads than it is to talk about it.

seamaid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, that's probably true, and I'm not immune to the dream of eventually becoming a published writer myself. I've just never encountered a book before where the type of the person writing it was immediately discernible as an INFP. And especially one where the INFP humor was so apparently showcased. I do know that another good book called "Eat, Pray, Love" was written by an ENFP, but that was after I saw a TED talk with her in it... Does anyone know what Oliver Sack's type might be? I like his books very much, and I'm not sure if he's an NF or an NT.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Might have something to do with it being easier to write about the stuff in our heads than it is to talk about it.

This reminds me of an idea. I really want to attribute this idea correctly, but unfortunately I can't because I remember where I read it. I think it's in the "Fearless Creating" book. Anyway, the ideas goes like this: all art both fundamentally reveals and hides the artist at the same time. So, art springs from this source of both wanting to be hidden, yet revealed, to the world. Rings true for me, might not for some though...