• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs, a question about your minds

Koocoomoo

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w3?
Do you guys ever have creepy, out of the ordinary, thoughts that would terrify people if they ever found out what thoughts would wander into your brain?

:horor:

Hmm?

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
intrusive thoughts

Of course. I think the term for it is intrusive thoughts. But I don't know that this has to do with type. A friend who isn't the same type as me who admitted having violent intrusive thoughts when she visited a psychic, she wondered if the psychic would know. I think its normal, as long as isn't affecting life or behavior or your conscious thoughts. There was a tv program about a girl who was so obsessed with worry that she would act out on her intrusive thoughts that her life became unmanageable. (link to that program info (choose the Trina Tab))

Last edited:

Tycho

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Of course I have fantasies that better stay fantasies.

I sometimes wonder: if all people could read everyone's mind, would we still be embarassed of such thoughts?

My guess is that we would consider them much like farts.
Annoying under most circumstances, funny under some; but terrifying? Usually not.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
HAHAHAHHAHA on a daily basis. My biggest fear is someone tapping into my mind. Sometimes I stop and wonder why I am thinking what I am at the time. It's bizzare.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I sometimes wonder: if all people could read everyone's mind, would we still be embarassed of such thoughts?

My guess is that we would consider them much like farts.
Annoying under most circumstances, funny under some; but terrifying? Usually not.

That is interesting. Or what if, as I read once, the content of our dreams was broadcast somehow. That we have even less control over.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
wtf, people are terrified by all sorts of shit, that doesn't say squat about my mind. (see, i have learned english from hollywood)
says a lot about theirs.

seriously, i am inclined to reply NO to this question. because i do not have thoughts that terrify myself, at least not with a frequency that makes them memorable. and if anyones sense of terror should be applied as measurement to my thoughts, then it should be the sense of people who are somewhat like me.

P

Phantonym

seriously, i am inclined to reply NO to this question. because i do not have thoughts that terrify myself, at least not with a frequency that makes them memorable.

Yes, I agree with this. I don't have thoughts that scare me either.

I think about things that fascinate me and I entertain possibilities that amuse me immensely. They're not creepy to me and I don't see any reason why they would be terrifying to other people as well. Quite the contrary, most of the time I feel saddened that other people don't seem to have the same kind of thoughts because to me they're something positive and lead towards a positive progress. I don't think of my thoughts as something out of the ordinary special, "pearls to the swine" either.

I feel equally as saddened when, once in a blue moon, I manage to put my thoughts that matter to me into words in such an adequate way that it seems to me that they might get through to others as well. I decide to share them with the best intentions in mind. Instead, what I get in return are empty words full of misunderstanding and blank stares.