• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ISTPs reacting to ENFJs

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am a confident ENFJ...or at the very least, I'm not afraid to be myself. I'm a hopeless flirt. I'm loud and obnoxious. I crack jokes like they're going out of style. I am happily and healthfully me.

Still...every so often I'll get an ISTP who shakes their head disapprovingly, and makes a negative comment on some aspect of my behavior they took too seriously.

I know Jo has a good ISTP friend. I wanted to know if any other ENFJs have encountered this phenominon, and what you've done, if anything, to handle the situation.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Are the actions that they do that to in their direction or just witnessed by them?

My ISTPs seem to be fairly normal/used to me. I make them aware of how i am, and that i'm even more ridiculous in their presence. The most they've ever tried to do is simplify situations for me.
Mine have had the pleasure of knowing me through my awkward, dysfunctional years though, even if not too well. :x

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I hear that. I guess all ENFJs go through the ackward phase.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I get alot of awkward looks from those who I consider close friends because I do say rather "off the wall" things, but they don't seem to mind the humor even if they don't quite understand it, but being who I am, or, I suppose, who we are, we don't like to be criticized because we hardly ever criticize others and when we do its rather nice and so its difficult for me to not get offended when someone shakes their head in disapproval, I understand that feeling completely.