• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Depression?

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've been depressed since I was a teenager and I've been on and off meds since then. I've recently been diagnosed as bipolar #2. Even though I'm not depressed anymore(thanks to heavy medication), i still have this melancholic feeling all the time.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
but yes, it just seemed like around the age of 12-14 the generation gap between myself and my parents just became too frustrating to try to bridge. and it just sorta seemed like both sides gave up trying. i think since this time i have changed so very much, not only from depression, but just from my interests and moods and personalities that its like... if theyre going to just now say 'youre really messed up cause youve become more introverted' [as all concerns that my mom said were socially based observations] its just annoying that they choose to call me out on this single trait ive gained. its hard to put into words. i dont even feel the same way i did a few weeks ago. i change alot.

but yes its extremely positive! only downside is that she is 2 hours away. but ive had a different mindset since i met her. its a positive influence on my life for sure. ive only had one or two short depressive bouts in a week or so.

i think that's usually the age people go through many changes. if you don't include my depression at 20, those years were the toughest of my life, too... i remember my mum telling me afterwards that my parents were also worried, because i spent so much time alone in my room and was in a cranky mood a lot. i think it's usually just normal puberty hitting you. for introverted and sensitive people it can be a little different than for more extroverted and assertive people.

it's great that you have someone in your life you want to know and who wants to know you. :) it's good to have friends to relate to.

the teenage years are usually the hardest in a way, because you are growing up and the relationship you have with your parents is changing.

do you yourself feel like you have changed a lot as a person, or do you think you are just getting to know yourself more and having a more reflective time in your life right now? what do you think caused this to happen? (did it happen gradually from puberty to now, or how did it happen?) are you feeling bad, because you have changed, or are you feeling bad, because people don't seem to understand you very well right now? do you talk with your parents?

if you ever want to talk, just send me a message. :)

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
dont worry about it! i thank you very much for even trying to halp! i appriciate it :]

but yes, it just seemed like around the age of 12-14 the generation gap between myself and my parents just became too frustrating to try to bridge. and it just sorta seemed like both sides gave up trying. i think since this time i have changed so very much, not only from depression, but just from my interests and moods and personalities that its like... if theyre going to just now say 'youre really messed up cause youve become more introverted' [as all concerns that my mom said were socially based observations] its just annoying that they choose to call me out on this single trait ive gained. its hard to put into words. i dont even feel the same way i did a few weeks ago. i change alot.

but yes its extremely positive! only downside is that she is 2 hours away. but ive had a different mindset since i met her. its a positive influence on my life for sure. ive only had one or two short depressive bouts in a week or so.

I agree with what yvonne said.

Also, in our busy world, we have lost a lot of what it is to be compassionate and loving. It's cliche, but time goes so quickly that it doesn't take long for parents and children to grow apart. I'm sure it saddens your parents (mother) to know not what ails you or how to help you, and the distance she feels from you. Perhaps when you are older and have found yourself a bit more you can come back and re span the gap that was created between you that wasn't your fault. Know that you are awesome :) in your own way, even if your mother doesn't recognize you or understand you right now.

It's wonderful this relationship has been a positive influence. Remember that the core you is the most important thing to maintain to have lifelong happiness; being able to be happy and love yourself, independent of others. :hug:

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
yeah I think it can change people forever.. I don't think I am ever going to be the same either.. it forces you to look deep inside and that can have incredible effects on who you think you are.. :hug:

i forgot to :hug: you.

:)