• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] i really do despise this INFJ shit sometimes

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seriously.

Because I spend so much time picking up on subtleties, I block myself from having fun. Sorry to be such a negativistic person but it sucks.

I want to enjoy life without all the intuiting crap sometimes.

Wtf. *cry*

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

The reason you block yourself from having fun probably has little to do with any MBTI function, and more to do with your basic desire, basic fear, and holy idea, etc. Try the Enneagram and its related forum here. After all, there's no "e" in "intuition." :)

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Seriously.

Because I spend so much time picking up on subtleties, I block myself from having fun. Sorry to be such a negativistic person but it sucks.

Wtf. *cry*

I do understand this. Do you regard this as Ne more so than Ni?

Do you think it's possible that you're in a distressing time in your life and that you're leaning toward a shadow function? I ask this in relation to my first question.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sometimes, you just need to take those subtleties into account and then push them off to the side. Catalog, shake it off, and press on. You may not be able to stop picking up on them, but you can certainly manage them more efficiently.
:hug:

Now... :sits back and watches the two newer INFJs:
:popc1:

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just wanna say "thanks". I'm better now. Was in a meltdown about my personal life, and I think I just needed the cry/vent. I'll come back and answer the function stuff this evening. I really wanna learn self-improvement from this...

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Some of it has gotten better for me with age. It's like I don't have the energy or inclination to get as angsty as I used to.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Glad you are over it. Learn the power of re-framing the negative into the absurdity it is when it comes back.

We all have negative voices in our head to a point without being schizophrenic. Even if you don't give it a voice and then warp the voice into something harmless or stupid like Goofy from Walt Disney and then tell it to piss off or you will open a can of whoopass on it.

There are pluses for our defense mechanisms but sometimes they overdo it so we as the boss of ourselves need to put them in their place.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Seriously.

Wtf. *cry*

I feel your pain. I would kill to get a vacation from myself. It really does suck sometimes. :hug:

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Some of it has gotten better for me with age. It's like I don't have the energy or inclination to get as angsty as I used to.

OK, I'm not an INFJ, BUT I think it's the tendency to over-analyze stuff without the benefit of an objective framework that together breed discontent. The older you get, the more objective you become, and the faster you're able to pull yourself out of that obsessive line of thinking.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
OK, I'm not an INFJ, BUT I think it's the tendency to over-analyze stuff without the benefit of an objective framework that together breed discontent. The older you get, the more objective you become, and the faster you're able to pull yourself out of that obsessive line of thinking.
Yeah. Your priorities and perspective changes and you have too much other crap to worry about.

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

hmmm, I think I'm certainly old enough by now but I still struggle with this at certain times. :(. I guess it's all about growth and stages.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree it gets better as you get older, if only in that your coping mechanisms and techniques get more refined and come more naturally to you.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Seriously.

Wtf. *cry*

I am kind of the opposite in that, I spend so much time focusing on the big picture
That I miss the subtitles. This prevents me from having fun much in the same way.

You are right.. who needs this ??

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Sometimes, you just need to take those subtleties into account and then push them off to the side. Catalog, shake it off, and press on. You may not be able to stop picking up on them, but you can certainly manage them more efficiently.
:hug:

Now... :sits back and watches the two newer INFJs:
:popc1:

This is exactly how you handle it. :yes:

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Omg, but the INFJ and INFP people I know are the nicest people I've ever met!

Are you telling me they're really sad inside? :huh:

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Today I am despising it, too. Altho, not because of having a hard time having fun. I'm tired of being told how to be. Be more outgoing, be more assertive, be less sensitive. I got a lot of that today.

But I'm just me. :cry:

I know we all feel unappreciated at times. And usually I can take criticism alright, but I'm hosting a very small pity party tonight.:smiley_violin: Its a limited engagement.

On a funnier note, when I first read this thread title, I thought it was going to be a non-INFJ bashing us.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Omg, but the INFJ and INFP people I know are the nicest people I've ever met!

Are you telling me they're really sad inside? :huh:

It's obvious that you are new around here :cheese:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Seriously.

Wtf. *cry*

Try not to think sometimes. Exult in the reality of your own stupidity.

ObeyBunny

MBTI Type
INTJ
Seriously.

Wtf. *cry*

Have you tried going on extended camping trips? It’s a way of confronting yourself with only the necessities of life (i.e.: food, shelter, Dragon Ball z episodes on your laptop.)

/)_/)
('.-')
/(")(")
ObeyBunny knows too many dirty geology jokes that involve the word “cleavage.”