• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] i really do despise this INFJ shit sometimes

Lily Bart

MBTI Type
INFP
I read in a Type book once (can't remember which one) that INFJ's can be so sensitive to what's going on with other people that they'll pick up on negative things that the other people may not even be aware of themselves and it'll make the INFJ's so uncomfortable that they can't be around the other people. How fair is that?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I read in a Type book once (can't remember which one) that INFJ's can be so sensitive to what's going on with other people that they'll pick up on negative things that the other people may not even be aware of themselves and it'll make the INFJ's so uncomfortable that they can't be around the other people. How fair is that?

I'm the reverse. I'm so self absorbed that I'm UNaware of even the obvious things sometimes. Maybe its the difference between male and female INFJs? (I refuse to believe that gender does not effect how a type works)

It's interesting when I read Dean Koontz novels because, since his characters could fit in any type, I read the main character as a balanced INFJ (Even though he's just a 'Good Man') and try and model how I view the world to be something similar to his. It's actually given me a role-model that isn't living, because I see words more clearly than people; probably because I play too much MMOs.

Tycho

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Yes, it's like I can't just look at someone without seeing a clear picture of his deeper psychology. But I sometimes wonder if this is not just my fantasy; because I'm so used to seeing those things, I just expect to see it all the time.

So what's basically on my mind, when I talk with someone, is my impression of his deep emotional states, and indeed I sometimes wonder if the person himself is aware of them.

I also see (or have the impression that I do) someone's energy flowing 'towards' or 'away from' me, forming either good or bad thoughts about me. I'm basically a self-confident person (I don't have feelings of inferiority) but seeing this happening all the time still makes me insecure.

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Omg, but the INFJ and INFP people I know are the nicest people I've ever met!

Are you telling me they're really sad inside? :huh:

Yes, we may be sad inside sometimes.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm the reverse. I'm so self absorbed that I'm UNaware of even the obvious things sometimes. Maybe its the difference between male and female INFJs? (I refuse to believe that gender does not effect how a type works)

It's interesting when I read Dean Koontz novels because, since his characters could fit in any type, I read the main character as a balanced INFJ (Even though he's just a 'Good Man') and try and model how I view the world to be something similar to his. It's actually given me a role-model that isn't living, because I see words more clearly than people; probably because I play too much MMOs.

Ha.. I am big Fan of Dean Koontz and I am convinced he is aware of MBTI and have made the same observation.
I also think Koontz himself might be an INFJ.. his female characters vary more often than his males do.. but he sure loves his NF's

QPoet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Any type can be sad inside. But with INJF's we tend to over-analyse it all. We obsess on feelings and people the way other types obsess on say...proving a theorem or winning an argument.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Today I am despising it, too. Altho, not because of having a hard time having fun. I'm tired of being told how to be. Be more outgoing, be more assertive, be less sensitive. I got a lot of that today.

But I'm just me. :cry:

I know we all feel unappreciated at times. And usually I can take criticism alright, but I'm hosting a very small pity party tonight.:smiley_violin: Its a limited engagement.

On a funnier note, when I first read this thread title, I thought it was going to be a non-INFJ bashing us.

No, you INFJ are perfect the way you are. Don't let anyone change you!

If it helps, I think INFJs have the purest, most heart touching and sincere smiles of any type. It's like you guys actually care and are reaching out to help.

Granted, I only know 2 confirmed INFJs, those being my grandmother and a friend. When we talk, we actually have meaningful conversations on whole other plane.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Omg, but the INFJ and INFP people I know are the nicest people I've ever met!

Are you telling me they're really sad inside? :huh:

I'm entertained. Is this a joke?

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm entertained. Is this a joke?

If people tell me they're fine, I just assume they're fine. Even when they're crying. :laugh:

Me: *walks by*
Me: "Hey you're crying."
Person: *sobs*
Me: "Are you ok?"
Person: "I'm fine!"
Me: "Okay."
Me: *walks pass*