• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Getting over little things that dont matter

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
Have you ever had someone say something to you (or maybe NOT say or do something) that you took really personal? You KNOW it wasnt against you but you cant let it go. It keeps sticking around your head getting bigger and bigger and you cannot make your logic take control.

I had this happen to me today. My best friend was supposed to help me out with something really small and he forgot. Thats fine, both of us are in college and are extremely busy. Then why did I let it bother me so much? I actually got upset about it.

Do you guys have any strategies for trying to keep this under control? Its really annoying honestly.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
It all depends. For me I'd be annoyed because he was responsible for his own obligations. For some its more that they conceive that the other person views them as insignificant and that's why they didn't remember.

I can't suggest anything more than "let them start over the next day anew." Hey, it works for teachers with students who bug them. Also, if the latter view is your issue, try to build up your own self-worth and it won't bother you as much.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Have you ever had someone say something to you (or maybe NOT say or do something) that you took really personal? You KNOW it wasnt against you but you cant let it go. It keeps sticking around your head getting bigger and bigger and you cannot make your logic take control.

I had this happen to me today. My best friend was supposed to help me out with something really small and he forgot. Thats fine, both of us are in college and are extremely busy. Then why did I let it bother me so much? I actually got upset about it.

Do you guys have any strategies for trying to keep this under control? Its really annoying honestly.

Did you say something like, "Oh, OK, well it's no big deal?" If so, that's probably why it is still bothering you.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
oh yea, it's always the little things with me. I just have to rationalize that they are small and it really isnt that big of a deal. not much help but you just gave to tell your self.