• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Are INFJs naturally fascinated with ENTPs?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The ENTP got bored and fooled around? Otherwise, I am out of guesses.

Nope, the ENTP felt like the INFJ was expecting too much in the way of emotional "connection" and involvement, and was too touchy and easily bothered. The INFJ felt like the ENTP was too flighty and noncommittal, and he wasn't able to satisfy her need for novelty. Irreconcilable differences.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Nope, the ENTP felt like the INFJ was expecting too much in the way of emotional "connection" and involvement, and was too touchy and easily bothered. The INFJ felt like the ENTP was too flighty and noncommittal, and he wasn't able to satisfy her need for novelty. Irreconcilable differences.

That might be the trouble with ENTP women. Especially if they're not very soft.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That might be the trouble with ENTP women. Especially if they're not very soft.

Soft?

I don't think anyone was to blame for it. They just weren't ready for that level of commitment.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Soft?

I don't think anyone was to blame for it. They just weren't ready for that level of commitment.

I'm a bit curious about how ENTP women are. I don't think I know any. It would be interesting to compare notes.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a bit curious about how ENTP women are. I don't think I know any. It would be interesting to compare notes.

Well, for starters, they're considerably more sufferable...

Kidding. I haven't noticed a big difference. The ENTP females I know are regularly accused of being like "guys" anyway. But to me, the raw ENTP personality works well on females. Males just seem immature.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, for starters, they're considerably more sufferable...

Kidding. I haven't noticed a big difference. The ENTP females I know are regularly accused of being like "guys" anyway. But to me, the raw ENTP personality works well on females. Males just seem immature.

I prefer "full of childlike wonder" to "immature".

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I prefer "full of childlike wonder" to "immature".

Is it so wrong to love talking about literature, theory, and deep life issues at one moment, and then dick and fart jokes at the next? I think not.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Is it so wrong to love talking about literature, theory, and deep life issues at one moment, and then dick and fart jokes at the next? I think not.

I don't go in for bathroom humor being rather squeamish about the body, but otherwise I agree with you.

heart

heart on fire
The more Ne I get, the more I fascinate/irritate my INFJ husband. Those are the parts he admires the most. Most of the time he seems to enjoy being irritated by my chaos and randomness.

I mean I do other non-Ne things to provoke him too, like wearing odd socks of different textures and he is like "how can you do that" and I say it pleases me and that irritates him and fascinates him.

It certainly seems logical to me that a male INFJ would be entertained by a Ne dom.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I mean I do other non-Ne things to provoke him too, like wearing odd socks of different textures and he is like "how can you do that" and I say it pleases me and that irritates him and fascinates him.

I like odd and eccentric people. I wouldn't be irritated at all. If anything, I would grow even more fond of you.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
The more Ne I get, the more I fascinate/irritate my INFJ husband. Those are the parts he admires the most. Most of the time he seems to enjoy being irritated by my chaos and randomness.

That sounds familiar. Do INFJ's secretly crave irritation?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
True irritation? No.

Ne randomness irritation? Yes.

My nickname for a long time was "Pigpen".

2589783758_a8cfb6b040.jpg

heart

heart on fire
My question between a INFJ male and an ENTP female is, wouldn't the female get weary with the INFJ need to "talk out" emotions and decisions? I don't pretend to know, I am curious. I mean because my INFJ needs to talk his emotions/decisions out with me a lot. Far more than I really need in return. And he's very private, he doesn't show this side to very many people, so I bear the brunt of this.

S

sammy

It certainly seems logical to me that a male INFJ would be entertained by a Ne dom.
My INFP friend is married to a male INFJ. What you described here is so similar to their interactions. Mixture of wonder and perplexity haha.
*cough* female ENTP here. I wouldn't describe myself as not being soft, nor would I say I'm a hardass. Attraction meter goes up around male (N)Ts because there's less chance for misunderstandings. I've interacted a lot with a male INFJ in my old grad program and no matter how hard I tried to figure him out, he was just a mystery. He was really open with telling me things about his life, but there was no "romantic" connection. Really nice guy, but definitely the kind that required an intense emotional connection with whoever he was with. He needed someone who would be more patient with his process for discussing his feelings and thoughts. I think if you really love that person, and are mature enough for commitment, you develop patience in abundance.

I am capable of an intense emotional connection, but with male INFx's I don't think I can provide the *right* kind of emotional connection for them, honestly.

S

sammy

My question between a INFJ male and an ENTP female is, wouldn't the female get weary with the INFJ need to "talk out" emotions and decisions? I don't pretend to know, I am curious. I mean because my INFJ needs to talk his emotions/decisions out with me a lot. Far more than I really need in return. And he's very private, he doesn't show this side to very many people, so I bear the brunt of this.
Haha! Funny you say that. I just posted a response on this thread saying exactly this!

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
*cough* female ENTP here. I wouldn't describe myself as not being soft, nor would I say I'm a hardass. Attraction meter goes up around male (N)Ts because there's less chance for misunderstandings. I've interacted a lot with a male INFJ in my old grad program and no matter how hard I tried to figure him out, he was just a mystery. He was really open with telling me things about his life, but there was no "romantic" connection. Really nice guy, but definitely the kind that required an intense emotional connection with whoever he was with. He needed someone who would be more patient with his process for discussing his feelings and thoughts. I think if you really love that person, and are mature enough for commitment, you develop patience in abundance.

I am capable of an intense emotional connection, but with male INFx's I don't think I can provide the *right* kind of emotional connection for them, honestly.

Do you feel a need to be nurtured?

P

Phantonym

I like the ENTPs I've met here. I think over time though their distractability may end up making me feel neglected. I also like a little more stability in my life when it comes to relationships. As friends though, I think they'd be fantastic.

:yes: They make lovely dancing monkeys to dance along with once in a while. :D

S

sammy

Do you feel a need to be nurtured?
In what sense do you mean "nurtured"? Like motherly? Bring me food/drink/comfort? etc.

Lauren Ashley: I can definitely see how their marriage ended in irreconcilable differences with the provided reasons. It can be such a hindrance to romantic feelings to continue existing when you're always having to work hard at pleasing the other person. I imagine the ideal marriage to be a situation where both people effortlessly (for the most part), and naturally just "get it".