• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] too busy

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the busier i get, the less productive i feel like i am.

i have an assignment i need to get done tomorrow, but i'm just so aware of all of the things i am supposed to do that i can't focus and get one thing done at a time.

plus, most of the things i'd actually want to do seem like they take time and effort and i don't have enough of that to go around currently.

i keep feeling that i'd rather connect with people than do what i'm supposed to do, but at the same time there's a horrible feeling of having to choose all the time and continuously put people off and be a little flaky just so i can get half of my stuff done.

i just end up doing whatever is easiest.

i need better perspective with regards to discipline and time organization.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think INFJs get overwhelmed easily. I'm pretty much the same. The more "things I should do" I have, the less I actually do them. Sometimes I feel worn out and shut down my brain functions and procrastinate doing meaningless things/tasks. Strangely, when I'm like this, the best cure is to have complete alone time where I do nothing -- take off the pressure, reconnect with myself and redefine my priorities. I've always found that so relieving, although I usually forget to do it whenever I'm busy. :blush:

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i keep feeling that i'd rather connect with people than do what i'm supposed to do, but at the same time there's a horrible feeling of having to choose all the time and continuously put people off and be a little flaky just so i can get half of my stuff done.

i just end up doing whatever is easiest.

i need better perspective with regards to discipline and time organization.

Been dealing with this too. I'm naturally unfocused. I get bored and overwhelmed easily myself.

I've just explained to a TON of people that I just have to get some stuff done and I have to be alone to do it. People have reacted really well for the most part. I guess just explain you need to get some important stuff done. I don't think people react to our withdrawal episodes as negatively as we like to think they do.

I've also learned that it is best not to get too wound up in plans for myself. I get terribly disappointed if something does not go the way I want it to. So I have the vision of what I want, but I also prepare for unknown mishaps and off-course happenings by simply acknowledging they can happen. Makes it easier to deflect the self-criticism when something weird happens. Self-criticism and INFJ: heh...

I think what may work best for INFJs is just making up our minds, having a clear vision and subconsciously activating discipline, without making it seem like a burdensome task. Get into a routine, but troubleshoot it as you go along establishing it. It won't be perfect (crucial to understand), yet it's kind of cool to see what you can come up with to make the workflow easier.
A little patience helps to, which I have virtually none of, but am learning to have. It gets better every day.

And what is good is people will notice your drive, and they will find ways to accomodate you in order to get you where you're going. So this makes it easier too.

This has been working for me and hopefully it helps you too....

Peace..