• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] If Anger is Taboo, is Deep Thought Possible?

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yes!:yes: You only know true joy when you've been through the fire and back out again. One could say you don't need to go through the fire to begin with but I think being human beings, we will feel pain deeply before we know extraordinary joy. Or the other way around. When you know true joy you know the pain does not last.

Feed the fire...

Sarah McLachlan: Into The Fire

Mother teach me to walk again
Milk and honey so intoxicating

And into the fire
I'm reunited
Into the fire
I am the spark
Into the fire
I yearn for comfort

Open the doors that lead on in to Eden
Don't want no cheap disguise
I follow the signs marked back to the beginning
No more compromise

CHORUS

Free the water that carries me to the sea
You I see as my security

CHORUS

I will stare into the sun until its light doesn't blind me
I will walk into the fire until its heat doesn't burn me
And I will feed the fire

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Yes!:yes: You only know true joy when you've been through the fire and back out again. One could say you don't need to go through the fire to begin with but I think being human beings, we will feel pain deeply before we know extraordinary joy. Or the other way around. When you know true joy you know the pain does not last.

Which could explain why so many humans are guilty of willingly burning themselves over and over again. To intensify joy.
Morphine junkies :)

Lauren

MBTI Type
INFP
Which could explain why so many humans are guilty of willingly burning themselves over and over again. To intensify joy.
Morphine junkies :)

I don't believe in intentionally seeking out pain (certainly). I try to avoid it whenever possible and to certainly not inflict it on anyone else. But, like many others, I've been in situations (as a child) which caused enormous stress and pain for me at times. What I learned was that the pain recedes or is absorbed (in my case) by being out in the natural world (spending time in nature). After a time, your view shifts to what's around you and you don't focus so much on your own pain but on the joy of life, the life you see around you, the larger world. That leads to that joy I was talking about, the joy that emerges from darkness. The joy or light that's really always there.