• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP changes her clothing and hair right in front of me.

Yomama99

MBTI Type
ISTP
Alright, I was helping out this ENFP to do some task at my work then all of a sudden she changes her hair style from a pony tail to two pigtails. Another instance she took off her sweater and put around a scarf around her neck while I was talking to her. What's up with that?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Perhaps her shoulders were cold and she fancied a change of hair style?

The ENFP I know does similar kind of random stuff. Well it appears random, often he has a good excuse or just didn't realise he was doing it (or just didn't think ahead). It's one of the things that makes ENFPs fascinating.

Forfe

You're asking because you're kinda hoping she's flirting with you right? She may be, consciously or unconsciously, some girls tend to suddenly become more aware of their apparance around someone they're attracted to.

Or it could be completely random and there's no use in reading too much into it :D

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I know an ENFP female I can easily imagine doing either without being attracted to the guy in question.

I think a better sign of attraction to look for is if she is generally more subdued around you than she is around others.

... This is of course assuming that Forfe has interpreted your motivation for the thread correctly. :D

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I always though with ENFPs the test was whether they continued to focus on you even when lots of people are around?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
This has always been my experience.

Agreed, normally when they consider you part of the 'scenery', you aren't being flirted with.

The general rule of attraction - if they act differently around you, then they are interested!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OMG she took her sweater off!!!!! She so wants you man!!!!!

:doh: Wake up, it's just a sweater :dont:

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Agreed, normally when they consider you part of the 'scenery', you aren't being flirted with.

The general rule of attraction - if they act differently around you, then they are interested!

Exactly. :nice:

I meant to elevate it to the general case like this. Of course, ISTP > ISTJ on the N. ;)

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Exactly. :nice:

I meant to elevate it to the general case like this. Of course, ISTP > ISTJ on the N. ;)

Oh, I thought this was the ISTP rule;

If you wantz zee womeen, you needz tos understandz zee womeen.

Actually, wait, that isn't really the ISTP thing.

If you wantz zee womeen, you needz tos takez em for grantedz.

Yah, that's more of the ISTP approach.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
ROFLOL. You guys.

But to the OP:

Um, as far as the changing jumper and hairstyle? Well, ENFPs frequently multitask. I mean, we get bored if we don't, unless something totally fascinates us. So I can guarantee that it almost certainly doesn't mean anything.

As for the ENFP being attracted? Heh. Um. Either she'll be way, way obvious (and do things like come over to talk to you when she could be easily with a group of friends, or something), or, yeah, she'll not know what to say around you.

Oh, we're fickle creatures, aren't we? :D

chatoyer

MBTI Type
eNfP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
maddening inconsistent ENFP behavior!

Personally, I probably wouldn't deliberately, dramatically change my appearance in front of you like that, but it pains me to rule it out completely, because whimsical, random behavior is a core ENFP trait!

I DO fidget quite a bit, so I could easily be playing with my hair, or doodling or what-not as a typical behavior, which I suppose could be interpreted as flirting, but our natural state is often perceived as flirtatious, which is maddening I know!

If you're expecting stable, consistent behavior from an ENFP, you will probably be disappointed!

Look for shyness or embarrassment from an ENFP, that's revealing.......

Did I help at all? ;) :dry:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Alright, I was helping out this ENFP to do some task at my work then all of a sudden she changes her hair style from a pony tail to two pigtails. Another instance she took off her sweater and put around a scarf around her neck while I was talking to her. What's up with that?

She's doing that because her mind is elsewhere. Or more accurately she is thinking about 12 things at once. If she can actually focus on you for any length of time then that's really something.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

I am ENFP and a female. :hi:

I do all sorts of weird stuff around people because I have habit of just doing many things at the same time. I can e.g. make a bun of hair with a pencil during a conversation... :smile:

I have noticed that when doing seemingly non-conversation related stuff during a conversation, INTx's tend to get confused. They also get confused when I show my emotions (e.g. if I got mad at somebody and let it show) or if I start my intentional unrational chatter ....:devil: ISTP's are not that easy to startle though...

The point here is that she might have meant nothing when doing those things.

Added after reading other ENFP's writings:
It's funny how we all ENFP's are writing out same thing: multitasking. :)

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
Agreeing on the multitasking and shyness. Also I'll become more distant and reserved (unless I get to know someone well) if I am attracted to them. But my behaviour in general can be totally erratic if someone isn't a 'target'.

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP

She might be comfortable in her own skin, hitting on you, or European.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Well, there is always a simple way to find out their intentions...

When they start taking off their clothes, just try to help them take off the rest - if they let you, then they are interested!

(Actually, you'd be surprised that this works.)

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
ESFJ who totally hated me (and vice versa) did the same. There's one catch tho.

I've seen S's been more content with the change of appearances and impressions than N's .. like, with the idea that image changes, person changes. It was calm time in our war, so perhaps she didn't hate me at the time (that silly girl).

She 99.9% sure wasn't flirting with me, but I (intuitively) sensed that it expressed a message at the same time. When the discussions went more intense and interesting and it got hot in the room, she wanted to take off her sweater and to reveal her top (which was always flattering to her shapes).

And for anyone of you out there, it didn't mean a damn. She just felt more comfortable looking good after having chatted for a while, and that's it.

edit: I only wrote about clothes, but she loved doing her hair too, and having her hair done (sorry I don't know the beauty parlance in english language) when amongst friends.

edit 2: she also loved doing costumes once in a while, and changing multiple theathrical wigs while in that mood.

edit 3: I'm the grand misdiagnosis-maker of this forum, having scored 3 incorrect letters in pt's typing game.

edit n: please slap me in the head really hard. Just do it.

edit n+1: I also misjudge whether someone is interested of me or not.

autumn

MBTI Type
eNFP

The first question that comes to mind is "Are you sure she is an ENFP?" I generally find it difficult to type casual acquaintances; there are so many factors there that can make for an inaccurate assessment. Usually I need to know someone quite well to feel I have an accurate assesssment (unless they have taken some kind of official test under favorable circumstances and know their results). I can definitely see an ENFP doing the sort of thing you describe, but I think there are other types who may do those kinds of things too.

As for making minor hairstyle changes, taking off a sweater, and putting on a simple accessory like a scarf, well, I wouldn't consider any of that a "major appearance change", nor would I consider taking off one's sweater (at work) to be a prelude to stripping naked. Usually if people take off a sweater in public, they are wearing another shirt underneath. I also don't see where the speculation about what this lady's behaviors mean romantically came from. From the original post, I got the impression that Yomama99 just found the behavior a little quirky and wanted to know why someone would do such things. If that is correct, the responses about multitasking are more apt. It could also just be a function of youth (how old is this coworker?) or simply being the daydreamy sort who doesn't realize that they are coming across as quirky.

autumn