• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] MBTI at a conference. Please help!

PeaceRobin

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Hi everyone,

I am planning a conference that will have around 20 attendees that I email/work with on a regular basis but only see a few times a year. During lunch I have to come up with activities. I was thinking I could do a MBTI test and then have some sort of fun activity with the results. Anyone have a short but accurate test and any ideas what to do with the results? I was thinking reading a brief descriptions but there has to be something better than that! Maybe group up the NF's or ST's or something? Read positive aspects of each type? I thought it'd be a great way to get to know my regional staff a bit more.. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Do you think anyone would think it's weird? I kind have been talking about MBTI a bit lately with my BF and he thinks I take it too seriously.. maybe I do but I love it so what the heck :) Thanks ahead of time for your help!

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Hey PeaceRobin, while I think it sounds like a great idea - I think the 'rules' of MBTI includes that it only be administered by someone who is trained/licensed in it. That's how I originally took the test irl as part of a meeting or larger workshops. It's very apt and useful for certain kinds of gatherings - particularly leadership/teambuilding/occupationally themed. In both cases for me the test was administered by a trained guidance or career counselor.

I think in lieu of MBTI, to take the spirit of what you're trying to do you could do related activities for ice breakers and 'team building' like 'people bingo' where you have to find people in the room who fit certain criteria like "have a mole on their ear/play guitar/tried out for a reality TV show" etc. And the "2 truths and a lie" game where people say 2 true things and 1 lie about themselves and others have to guess what is the lie. And depending on what the meeting you're coordinating is about, play a trivia game about the organization/topic on teams.

Just some thoughts!

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Google search "mbti classroom activities" came up with some pretty good stuff as well - you may want to check that out too.

Good Luck!