• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs, why are you so addicting?

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ Agree wholeheartedly with the above poster.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Having an ENFP friend is like having a dog.

You know when you have a dog--or an ENFP friend--you will always have someone who is pleased to see you. The fact he/she/it will be pleased to see ANYONE is beside the point. :newwink:

Why do people keep comparing us to pets?

If someone calls me their pet, they better take good care of me.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
i love OTHER enfps . . . like a lot . . . like L-O-V-E. i am just super hyper critical of myself / "self loathing" . . . but the self loathingness is deep deep deep deep down but yet always accessible . . . but anyways . . . i am so mesmerized / intrigued by introversion ( cuz i want some of that for myself) that it makes me dislike MY extroversion . . . if that makes any sense . . . and actually i think i may be a little bit of a "wannabe" infp . . . so that is very perceptive of you . . . :yes: :hug: :newwink:

I'm intrigued by introversion in others too, and I know what you mean about disliking your extroversion, like maybe you wish you could be more self-contained because you feel like you need other people? I know for me personally I'm embarrassed a lot that I talk too much which leads me to...

i find it so unbelievably awesome & crazy that you ask this . . . i feel that we (enfps) are SUCH OPEN BOOKS . . . like we spew & vomit all our feelings / insight / opinions / feelings / perceptions out constantly to the point where there is NOTHING hidden (or therefore mysterious) about us . . . i luv luv luv that you ask this :wubbie: did i mention that i luv it? that is really cool. you made my day. thank you :yes:

Yeah we kind of lack boundaries, heh. I've been criticized for it, but I love other open people too. :wubbie:

I don't think you're INFP FTR. I think ENFPs can get depressed or have self-loathing just like anyone else. People who say that being happy 24/7 is a characteristic of ENFP is probably naiive. I think there's also a difference between Enneagram 7 and Enneagram 4 ENFPs.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
As friends or in casual dating, yes, the book is open. But once it gets serious and real issues and real feelings need to be discussed out loud (not just felt inside), I have found that the book is closed.

I'm not hating. I absolutely love ENFP's. But, the book is open, open, open - and then as soon as it gets to a serious subject or serious point of the relationship, it seems to close and become very difficult to open.

It's like, "let's talk about fun and crazy stuff and be open and lovey dovey", but when the INTP responds with something like, "OK, so you want to get things out on the table, do you? Since we're being open, how about we discuss this topic? And the ENFP goes: :shock:

Well, Fi is hard to put into words, just like that. I can relate.

G

garbage

about disliking your extroversion, like maybe you wish you could be more self-contained because you feel like you need other people?

Oh God this yeah

For me, it's not even just about needing other people, but needing external circumstances. Social groups to belong to. Stuff going on at work. Interesting projects and hobbies. And so on. I'm sure that many of you can relate.

I have never experienced us as being annoying and I've never heard anybody else characterize us this way. :thinking:

Really? Because this very perception came up in Vent between a few of us a while back.

I don't speak for anyone else here.. but extroverted perceivers can be scatterbrained and flaky, and feelers can be pretty indirect. There's a lot of room for one to be annoying.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As friends or in casual dating, yes, the book is open. But once it gets serious and real issues and real feelings need to be discussed out loud (not just felt inside), I have found that the book is closed.

I'm not hating. I absolutely love ENFP's. But, the book is open, open, open - and then as soon as it gets to a serious subject or serious point of the relationship, it seems to close and become very difficult to open.

It's like, "let's talk about fun and crazy stuff and be open and lovey dovey", but when the INTP responds with something like, "OK, so you want to get things out on the table, do you? Since we're being open, how about we discuss this topic? And the ENFP goes: :shock:

For me, that means I'm still writing the book at that point. Still waiting to see how the story will go. When it comes to serious feelings, I want things to feel natural and unforced and progress as they do without planning, or it will lose its authenticity to me. I take a long time before I decide that yes, you are the guy for me, and I wanna try to make it work with you. It has to feel right. If you ask before I've done all the scouting that I need to complete that picture and get that feeling, then I truly have no answer for you :)

All I wanna do at that point is see you as much as possible so I can gather all the info I need and Mother Nature do the rest ;)

thinkinjazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Oh God this yeah

For me, it's not even just about needing other people, but needing external circumstances. Social groups to belong to. Stuff going on at work. Interesting projects and hobbies. And so on. I'm sure that many of you can relate.

Really? Because this very perception came up in Vent between a few of us a while back.

I don't speak for anyone else here.. but extroverted perceivers can be scatterbrained and flaky, and feelers can be pretty indirect. There's a lot of room for one to be annoying.

Oh trust me I know I've annoyed other people (mainly for all the reasons you've listed above :D), but I wouldn't say that we are characteristically annoying. Most of us do all those annoying things, the less mature and ENFP is the more often they do those things, but most people on the forum don't seem to think those things outweigh the good ENFP qualities in most ENFP's- well, not to the extent that most people would call us annoying at least. Lol- have I repeated myself enough?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh trust me I know I've annoyed other people (mainly for all the reasons you've listed above :D), but I wouldn't say that we are characteristically annoying. Most of us do all those annoying things, the less mature and ENFP is the more often they do those things, but most people on the forum don't seem to think those things outweigh the good ENFP qualities in most ENFP's- well, not to the extent that most people would call us annoying at least. Lol- have I repeated myself enough?

We're annoying. It's okay. All types have flaws. :D

thinkinjazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Oh God this yeah

I understand being frustrated with that need to always be with people and doing something new, knowing that it won't feel new for long. I wish I could be more independent when it comes to things like learning styles and feeling satisfied. It makes me feel so dependent on people, which is funny because ENFP's have a strong need for independence- I think this is an internal conflict all ENFP's struggle with. On the otherhand, I love that feeling of being excited by new propects and caring strongly for people. People are one if the few things I prefer not to have a high rate of turnover with and have learned to get pretty good at keeping that steady.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
freedom can be annoying to others which is what ENFP's are all about. To some though, it can be refreshing.

thinkinjazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
freedom can be annoying to others which is what ENFP's are all about. To some though, it can be refreshing.

It's funny that we are apparently both annoying and addicting at the same time- makes me question the sanity of some of the addicted :newwink:s

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually, the addicted are possibly annoyed at being addicted and even more so at their perception of NFPs not bein equally addicted to them as the NFPs still need their freedom :devil: :alttongue:

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Yeah, I find INTPs intriguing too! One of my good INTP (confirmed, yes- had her take the test too hehe) friend will literally hop over my fence and come see me at night. I don't know what it is, but I'm the one person who she trusts with her most personal thoughts, and the one person who she will even let visit her house. I care for her dearly and find her wanting to be around me adorable, because she's not that way with many people.

INTPs amaze me with their level of intelligence. They tend to be so discreet about it, in which I admire. My friend doesn't go around boasting what she knows and trying to act like she can one-up others.. instead, she's humble and has so many fascinating/HILARIOUS things to say. When she has a point to make, she articulates herself real well where it's easy to respect her opinions, and other people want to hear more about what she has to say.. Mi amor.:wubbie:

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
^^ :stunned: Wow, that is a *lot* coming from Nomadic. Kekekeke.

But you know on a more serious note I think a lot of it has to do with the mental/intellectual connection.

Also, there is a lot of diversity within the ENFP type or INTP type sooooo :shrug:

seriously! you know me so well. :D

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
because you cant understand us.

Really you cant. Fi is so totally, utterly nonunderstandable for an INTP. So we just make you giggle. ENFPs are like that cow that is letting people eat it in that Douglas Adams book.

Ni doms are 20x more incomprehensible.