• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs, why are you so addicting?

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I fall for people. I am absolutely fascinated with people. If you are original/something Ive never seen before it's easy for me to get addicted. When I cannot read someone or understand someoneit only makes me want to learn more about them.

I am the exact same way. And only recently was I able to articulate this. I find people fascinating, and if I sniff out an unusual or exceptional person, then I'm like a dog that smells cheese. I'm focused and assertive while I try to get my hunk of cheddar.

Qre:us

then I'm like a dog that smells cheese. I'm focused and assertive while I try to get my hunk of cheddar.

What an interesting analogy, never before heard dog as the animal primarily being associated with cheese.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OK this song is about ENFPs :D

I think I'm drowning / Asphyxiated
I wanna break this spell / That you've created
You're something beautiful / A contradiction
I wanna play the game / I want the friction

You will be the death of me ~

I wanted freedom / Bound and restricted
I tried to give you up / But I'm addicted
Now that you know I'm trapped / Sense of elation
You'd never dream of / Breaking this fixation

You will squeeze the life out of me ~

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

LOL. That's awesome.

Hint: stop fighting it. It's like a trap..the more you struggle, the tighter the rope...stop fighting and you'll feel free ;)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

God, i know this song but i don't know the title...
It goes on "you will be the death of me....bury me, i won't let you..our time is running out..." Grrr the gaps are annoying:doh:
Whats the title & band? :confused:
Purrrlease

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What an interesting analogy, never before heard dog as the animal primarily being associated with cheese.

Dogs, luurve cheese!
My boy does.
Don't fight with the cheese loving. :D

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Ni doms are 20x more incomprehensible [than ENFPs]

I think that types interact in predictable manners. And I'm not the only one to think so. Socionics theory talks about 14 such patterns in which our cognitive functions interact: 12 symmetric and 2 asymmetric.

Now I don't have my head fully wrapped around Socionics yet. (In large part because many Socionics Websites are translated into English by poorly trained Ukranian/Russian Socionics Web enthusiasts... but I digress.) But it seems undeniable to me that two people of two given types will encounter typical and predictable obstacles in their communications.

So Jaguar, I agree with you that to ENFPs oftentimes find people with dominant Introverted Intuition incomprehensible. But simulatedworld has a valid point. I'm mean, (unless you're an INTJ or INFJ) you, too, will find Ni a bit baffling at times... regardless of your type.

:smile:

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

You, Qre:us, have obviously never met my dog. ;)

But that's OK. Until I first saw your profile picture, I'd never seen a bird pictured in quite such a disturbing manner. Quite different from the standard bird archetypes, I'd say. (I busted a gut when I first saw it.)

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8

How emo! We're not emo, and if we were emo, we were emo like Hello Kitty!

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
We're addicting because we have a strong positive presence. When we're around people absorb the heat, and miss it when we're gone. ...and baby, we generate A LOT of heat. Frankly, I'm amazed that people can handle it day after day, because I've had it up to here with the heat.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Oh trust me I know I've annoyed other people (mainly for all the reasons you've listed above :D), but I wouldn't say that we are characteristically annoying. Most of us do all those annoying things, the less mature and ENFP is the more often they do those things, but most people on the forum don't seem to think those things outweigh the good ENFP qualities in most ENFP's- well, not to the extent that most people would call us annoying at least. Lol- have I repeated myself enough?

The annoying bit is about quantity, not quality. It's about being in that manic phase for longer than people can handle. I liken it spicey food. A little spice is nice, but few people can handle it every meal.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I don't think it's emo at all.
If anybody's going emo because of you, it's the victim :D

GemPOPGem Glad you like it.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Is it EMO?
I find it quite uplifting, in an intense way, love the live version too i can be jumping around with the crowd when i watch it.
MEMO:
Must get me some tickets

pyramid

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'd say we are addicting to others because we have a strong interest in you and love to help people without receiving anything in return. You just being you is enough. In addition to liking folks just as they are we love praise from them and wouldn't be affected by anything less than genuine remarks, so we strive to acquire acceptance righteously. I'd say an impenetrable acceptance of all (except for ourselves sometimes!) makes us irresistible.