First 12345 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Yeah, this is quite like me.

I think the best solution for me was to live with friends. It seems like for an introvert I need people a lot, and living with them was the perfect solution as there was none of these arrangements like setting dates and calling to people if they want to hang out. I could just walk to the living room...
    I live alone but I used to live with flatmates. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, it can be nice to have company around and more available. And you usually live in a nicer/bigger place. On the other hand...you can end up putting up with a lot of compromise, weirdness and inconsiderate behaviour. And sometimes I felt just as lonely as I ever have living alone. I got along well with everyone, or almost everyone, I lived with, but I think some of them assumed that because I didn't push myself in or invite myself along to everything they were doing, I wasn't that interested in hanging out with them, and they often wouldn't even bother asking me.

The other problem that sometimes occurred was that I've tended to live with people with whom I have a lot of mutual friends, and there's always possibilities for hurt with who does or doesn't invite who to do stuff. I lived for a bit with a few people with whom we had a mutual "friend" who didn't like me much and on several occasions invited everyone else in the house over for a party, except me. Nice. (And these were big parties, not select dinner parties or whatever.) There was no particular reason for her to not like me - I wasn't the only person I knew who had that experience - she just had people she liked on one list, and people she didn't on another list, there didn't seem to be much logic to it.

EDIT: Despite the above, I would consider living with people again. But I'm a bit apprehensive about it. There was too much coming and going when I had flatmates and I ended up feeling very disrupted and unsettled. It's annoying when people you're not even in a relationship with, or bst friends with, can have that much effect on your life.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

"Go get em!" "Let's do this!" type of people, traveling, and physical activities.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Question, my fellow NFs:

Does sex get you in or out of your heads?

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I live alone but I used to live with flatmates. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, it can be nice to have company around and more available. And you usually live in a nicer/bigger place. On the other hand...you can end up putting up with a lot of compromise, weirdness and inconsiderate behaviour. And sometimes I felt just as lonely as I ever have living alone. I got along well with everyone, or almost everyone, I lived with, but I think some of them assumed that because I didn't push myself in or invite myself along to everything they were doing, I wasn't that interested in hanging out with them, and they often wouldn't even bother asking me.
    It seems like you lived in a very extroverted house. I think that in our place it was more introverted atmosphere. And we all had many mutual friends... On the other hand, there is always someone who seems to be a bit left out, or there might be couple of leagues inside the house. It's quite interesting to see how changing just one person in the house affects the dynamics..

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    It seems like you lived in a very extroverted house. I think that in our place it was more introverted atmosphere. And we all had many mutual friends... On the other hand, there is always someone who seems to be a bit left out, or there might be couple of leagues inside the house. It's quite interesting to see how changing just one person in the house affects the dynamics..

Yes...I think that a lot of the people I know are either genuinely very extroverted, or they're not, but circumstances have pushed them to act much more extroverted than they are. I even place myself slightly in the latter category. It's both good and bad.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj None

I like shows/concerts, but not the typical thought. Think Amanda Palmer or Jason Webley where everyone is standing and feeling the music or interacting with it. It's not all about jumping around or going in a pit, just appreciating. It relieves some of my own intensity for a bit.
    Zumba (latin fusion dance class)
    Arts & Crafts
    Journaling
    Trusty ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Question, my fellow NFs:

Hmm.. initially i typed 'both, but if it gets me in my head i'm not focusing on another thing'. I rethought that. Perhaps it doesn't get me out of my head at all, just brings the focus in.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Question, my fellow NFs:

Sex, like paying ping pong, makes me feel one with something outside me. I stay inside my own head, my prison, but if I somehow manage to merge it with the prison of a lover, I have the illusion of freedom.

garbage

The need to concentrate on something. And then actually concentrating.

It almost never happens.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Why would I ever want to get out of my head?

MBTI
    ENFP

Exercise- especially with other people = ) Hitting the ellipticals is awesome!
    Holy sh**t a talking muffin!

All shotguns and lace.