• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Favorite Song When You Were a Kid

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I was just thinking today about whenever my favorite childhood song comes on the radio and how, although it's been years and years, my mom still always says, 'It's your song, Kate!' lol

So did you have a particular favorite song as a kid that just always stuck with you?

By the way, mine was 'Everything I Do (I Do it For You)' by Bryan Adams XD;;

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Oh, my. I have so many.

'Heart-Shaped Box' by Nirvana

'Play With Me' by Extreme

'Ultra' by KMFDM

'Gimme Shelter' by The Rolling Stones

Parrish

MBTI Type
infp
hahaha. I remember one time when I was around 5 I think, me and my mom were driving home and there was a song in my mother language playing on the radio. It was kind of up beat and had quirky lyrics. I happily told my mom I really liked that song. She didn`t say anything in return... Then, about 13 years later, I was talking to a friend of mine and heard that song again and sung along with it, then listened to the lyrics more carefully and understood why my mom didn`t say anything that time. The hidden meaning, that is actually really obvious, was revolving around a "bycicle" as in penis and how the guy was taking a girl for a "ride" and they had to go slower so that the rubber won`t burst:rofl1::blushing: But it`s still a kick ass song.:D

P

Phantonym

By the way, mine was 'Everything I Do (I Do it For You)' by Bryan Adams XD;;

Hahaha. You know, the exact same Adams's song and "Nothing Compares 2 U" by Sinead O'Connor were the first two videos I vividly remember drooling over in the early 90's. I don't have any recollection of previous songs/videos having such an impact on me, so I think it was the start of my admiration for music. :D

heart

heart on fire
Moon River by Andy Williams

Later I was crazy over the "Aristocats" album.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The rainbow connection - with Kermit the Frog Singing it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I remember jumping on my bed listening to that Snoopy and the Red Baron song when I was like three or four...not the Christmas one, but the regular one.

I still love early 80's New Wave, which is of course heavily influenced by what I liked when I was little.

There are other songs I liked as a child that I refuse to admit here!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always loved music. When I was really, really little, I liked Alvin & the Chipmunks :D.

As I got a bit older, I was really influenced by my older sister's taste, and much of that music is still my favorite....The Cure, Siouxsie & the Banshees, The Pixies, Violent Femmes, Cocteau Twins etc.

I was listening to Morrissey when I was like 9. I was obsessed with the song "The More You Ignore Me", which I thought was just a straight-forward love song at the time :doh: :D.

I also liked cheesy top 40 music on the radio that my peers liked...such as Salt'n'Pepa's "Whatta Man". That song still cracks me up when I hear it & I know most of the lyrics :D. I liked Sophie B. Hawkins' "Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover" and George Michael's "Faith". Those are some of the most embarrassing I can think of :D.

heart

heart on fire
Because the cat's the only cat who knows where it's at ;D

Yes! and "We are Sia-a-mese if you ple-ee-zzee, we are Siamese if you don't please."

I drove everyone nuts because they were all teenagers and trying to be so cool when they had people over and I am there singing (badly) the Aristocrats album.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Go West by the Pet Shop Boys :D:D:D

Probably because that's what I was listening to when we were immigrating out west.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oooh oooh...I found it! This was my very first favorite song.

[YOUTUBE="yAgoZXYyRUQ"]Snoopy vs. The Red Baron[/YOUTUBE]

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Ohhh, mine was Learning to Fly by Pink Floyd. I was seriously obsessed with that video.

Chloe

it's Croatian song, but it was my favorite. We heard it at least 5x times per day... it's anti-war song from '91 when war started here.

it brings so many bitter sweet memories :/

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29zKHcIbwUI"]song[/YOUTUBE]

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was into game and movie music for a long time. Ths melody taught me to whistle, and my father was sort of astonished I got even the slightest tones right. I was like five (yeah, they let me watch cool movies).

[YOUTUBE="8XKGhG0W0LQ"]Where Eagles Dare intro[/YOUTUBE]

When I was six, I saw the "Gettysburg" movie, and I was already hooked on the American Civil War.
My brother had played North & South on Nintendo with me,
told stories and we actually had somewhat accurate yankee and confederate outfits.
Well, before the Gettysburg movie I was really into melodies like "Yankee doodle" and "Dixie land".
But, the Garry Owen really gave me goosebumps. I even learned how to play it on my recorder! :D

Video unrelated, the song is right though.
[YOUTUBE="r0g4TLmvaX8"]The Garry Owen[/YOUTUBE]

I played lots of Amiga games when I was 3 to 15, and they got stuck in my head. They're still there!

[YOUTUBE="cw02aJxqXGo"]Sid Meier's Pirates (Amiga 500)[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="nA8ghBfSmW4"]The Secret of Monkey Island intro (amiga)[/YOUTUBE]

Those are just examples, there are hundreds. Literally.
Anyway, when I was ten I got into some Beatles period after having been a Metallica fan all my life thus far.
The Beatles period sort of blended in with a Beach Boys period...
Well. I've had periods listening to almost anything.
I even went into Neo-nazi music for a while as a kid because it's distinctly different than anything else, and sort of catchy.
Not that I ever was a nazi lol :D Purely musical interest.
Didn't leave Indian or Middle Eastern music out, even.

When I was like thirteen, I started loving irish/scottish music. Flutes, pipes, strange songs that made my blood run hot.
Gotta love it. Combine that with Braveheart and you've got yourself a little national romantic fellow running about pretending the checkered towel is a kilt while humming songs of freedom :D

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Very first favorite song? It was "Greensleeves" as used as the theme for the Lassie TV series, which I only saw in reruns briefly when I was very young. It took a long time for me to discover what the song was (my memories are from 3 or 4 years old), and I didn't learn what it was until I was 6 or 7.

When I finally figured it out, my parents got me a record that contained this:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yDxmHqBeVE"]Montovani: Greensleeves[/YOUTUBE]

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The ultimate favorite when I was a kid was Invisible Touch by Genesis.