• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Outlet of NF expression through writing?

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Do you think in very expressive and profound wording when you're feeling something intensely?

I really didn't want to start a new thread for this, since it's just something personal relating to me this weekend.
But I don't have a blog.

And I'm curious if anyone else here is the same way.

ISFP bf and I broke up Friday evening. Painful.

In the moments I'm feeling something intensely, these profound expressions just come to mind - which deeply describe what I'm feeling. Don't really think of anything so descriptive otherwise - in everyday life. But perhaps it is because this is so personal, it only seems expressive to me.

Must share.

-------------

How can you reject someone who loves you to death, and watch the shattered pieces of their heart written all across their face?

----------------
What is it they say... pain makes you feel alive. You feel its edge cutting through your soul. Through each gasp of air you breath in. The essence of your being wrenched to knots inside your chest. The agony of tearing yourself from someone you love because that is how the balance of nature must be. The raw experience of life's journey. A release, though painful bringing one back to the place where they belong, feeling once again right with the world.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Do you think in very expressive and profound wording when you're feeling something intensely?

Not really, for me it comes out through painting. Yesterday I managed to paint how I think creativity and pain are associated. There is a head that explodes into flowers...

One of my best friends is an ENFJ. Her boyfriend is ISFP. It seems they are pretty good match. Now they've been living together for a while and they are having some trouble...

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Sounds like my life. We never argue and are both laid back and doting. But the depth is completely lacking... and other things like that. Lived together for over a year also. But it's like being in a relationship with your best buddy. I want someone who inspires and pushes me to expand my life. =/

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I write when I'm feeling something intensely (especially heartbreak).

I'm sorry about your situation, but I've been there (so incredibly lost and heartbroken) and now I'm ecstatic with the one I'm with (the one in general!).

Pain is like growing pains. You're changing, and your body/mind is crying out in discomfort. But you're going to be bigger and stronger.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Well, what I can say about my friends. After some time they had been dating, the ENFJ started having second thoughts and told me about that. It was actually quite sad, as she said it in a way that implied she would have rather been with me.. It's weird how things go.. we had kind of a thing before she was dating this guy but it never was anything serious, but then when she was dating, we kinda got to know each other better, and in some ways I was closer to her than her boyfriend... It seems like there is some area in which they don't work too well together.

After they started living together the problem seemed to be that the ISFP didn't have enough time alone and he became kinda uninterested in everything and the ENFJ became quite bossy... So I don't know how long they will stay together. I think they are happiest when traveling together, other times it is a good match except for something... I'm not sure what.

Lotte

MBTI Type
INFP
Yes, absolutely. Writing has always been my preferred outlet for dealing with intense emotions. I'm bipolar, and journalling through my exacerbations has helped more than any therapist ever could. Writing lets me take a small step back from a difficult situation to figure out what's going on and describe it in my own words. Then I can deal with it better going forward.

Very INFP trait, BTW.

I'm sorry about your breakup ... if writing your feelings down lets you vent, then by all means do it! Good music helps too!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Extremely expressive. It's as thought i have "daily life" mode and "intensity" mode. It's as though there is a switch for them and i can turn them on or shut them off as i please.

Fuzzcrossed also mentioned an ENFJ code language. I do think it is a good part of it. Descriptive to ourselves, yet vague to others. We can make an account of everything with heaps upon heaps of details, but it can appear so vague and as though we've said nothing at all.

revolve

Sounds like my life. We never argue and are both laid back and doting. But the depth is completely lacking... and other things like that. Lived together for over a year also. But it's like being in a relationship with your best buddy. I want someone who inspires and pushes me to expand my life. =/

i'm an enfp currently separated from isfp and going for the divorce now . . . so yep i felt the same exact way . . . and that's why i left him . . . it's been hard, . . . being in the process of divorcing your old best bud but i wanted more too.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll sing and dance my heart out, to release the emotion, usually, especially spontaneous emotion or stress. Often this happens when I haven't been aware really something's been bugging me and haven't thought it through. It's pure and raw emotion at that point.
I'll find a song on youtube that resonates with me, and scream along or sing one of my favorites and feel the music course through my body, making it move almost involuntarily.

Writing works too though. Especially if it was a topic I've been thinking about for a long time, and done a lot of mulling over. Then writing it all down can be a release...a way to declutter your mind. I sometimes feel frustrated at the inability of words to transfer what I'm feeling, so I will use the most expressive words at my disposal to at least somewhat be able to transfer those emotions.

Take heart..the pain will only be temporary. Give yourself time to process :hug:

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Ah, heartbreak. I think it's even harder when there's nothing *obviously* wrong - when there's something deeper that can't really be fixed.
I have that struggle with my ESFP husband at times. I love him and he's my best friend, but there's no forced growth there. There's no betterment and expansion. I really hate saying it, but my first interaction with a male INTP (who things would never work out with romantically, even if I was single) was a sort-of game changer to that end. He pushed me to think and move in ways my husband doesn't, and it made me acutely aware of something missing that I didn't notice before-hand.
I feel badly just writing that, but it's the truth, and in the end, I'm grateful that that's our biggest struggle.
But I feel you. :hug:
And, yes, I am incredibly expressive in times of strong emotion. People tend to think I'm being over-dramatic, but I'm not expressing anything deeper than what I'm actually feeling. The abstractness of my emotions in words just tends to unnerve a lot of people.

I'll sing and dance my heart out, to release the emotion, usually, especially spontaneous emotion or stress. Often this happens when I haven't been aware really something's been bugging me and haven't thought it through. It's pure and raw emotion at that point.
I'll find a song on youtube that resonates with me, and scream along or sing one of my favorites and feel the music course through my body, making it move almost involuntarily.

Writing works too though. Especially if it was a topic I've been thinking about for a long time, and done a lot of mulling over. Then writing it all down can be a release...a way to declutter your mind. I sometimes feel frustrated at the inability of words to transfer what I'm feeling, so I will use the most expressive words at my disposal to at least somewhat be able to transfer those emotions.

I do both of those things, as well, especially the singing and dancing! Sometimes I'm just feeling so much I just...can't...get...it... out or find the exact emotion to express, so it helps to have someone else right that words and just use it to expel the excess emotional energy. Writing is the same way. I went through a terrible heartbreak over a friend a few weeks, and I wrote my friend at least 2 letters a day for a week. Looking back at them, it's amazing to see the range of emotions and the intensity.
But once all of the feeling is out, I can be calm, and I can think. I can be at peace. I like peace. :)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ny, yes, I do indeed. When I feel something intensely, I become creative in ways that I'm normally not. However, I am not quite sure why this is the case.

In addition, I'd like to add that I become extremely passionate under stress. Depending on the strength/intensity, I express this stress in different ways.

Crying is a natural outlet to release negative energy (or even positive energy) that is spinning out of control. Acting in an effusive manner, either positively or negatively, is another sign of extreme stress.

However, if I can keep it under wraps, (i.e. the stress is intense, but not unbearable) then I express myself in words in ways I normally could not.

Can you relate to that as well?

G

garbage

When it comes to expression through writing, it mostly takes the form of lyrics and structures of songs.. I may or may not end up recording them, but music's pretty big for me. When I'm frustrated, they turn overtly sarcastic or scathing.

Journaling's been a big thing for me over the past two years or so, too.

I'm often too scatterbrained to know where to start when I know that I need to get my thoughts out there, which is frustrating in and of itself.

I could add to the pile of frustrations with NF/ISFP relationships as well. Ugh :doh:

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Writing helps me rid myself of momentary pain. Usually, it takes a very long time of gradual build up with a lot of annalyzing. Writing always come after the painful issue is resolved. I can write reflectively about something, and then it's behind me for the most part.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I really didn't want to start a new thread for this, since it's just something personal relating to me this weekend.
But I don't have a blog.

And I'm curious if anyone else here is the same way.

ISFP bf and I broke up Friday evening. Painful.

In the moments I'm feeling something intensely, these profound expressions just come to mind - which deeply describe what I'm feeling. Don't really think of anything so descriptive otherwise - in everyday life. But perhaps it is because this is so personal, it only seems expressive to me.

Must share.

-------------

How can you reject someone who loves you to death, and watch the shattered pieces of their heart written all across their face?

----------------
What is it they say... pain makes you feel alive. You feel its edge cutting through your soul. Through each gasp of air you breath in. The essence of your being wrenched to knots inside your chest. The agony of tearing yourself from someone you love because that is how the balance of nature must be. The raw experience of life's journey. A release, though painful bringing one back to the place where they belong, feeling once again right with the world.

just saw this and yes i can relate. when i'm affected deeply by something...feeling intense pain/greif...i write constantly...in my head...it always stays there but yeah...odd poetry.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yeah I'm definitely the same, I need to get my emotions down on paper or else they'll be roiling around in my mind all night and I won't be able to sleep. Lately I've been writing poetry, or just working on plot ideas--being creative in general helps.