• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NF and NT... drawn together like moth to flame

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I just wanna share how I pictured the "drawn together" part from day 1.

attachment.php

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
I like your art Santtu.

Notice the position of the NT's left hand and the big smile on his face... you've captured a unique frisson with this one.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Thanks :) had to draw it .. he he ;) But yeah, there's that attraction :) I don't know what type I'm in a beginning relationship with .. an IXXP.. probably won't know soon, as type testing seems like a bad area to talk about :laugh: Well but yeah, NF and an NT seem to have something almost magical together.. but then they may not understand or appreciate one another in all circumstances, tho I left that part out of the picture :laugh:

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
This is how I see it. N vs S is all perception. How you see the world.

N's look through the same glasses. S's look through the same glasses.

S see things close up. What's right in front of them. Tunnel vision. Making them practical, here and now.

N see things in the far. What's coming up, what's in the rearview, what can't be seen in normal view. The larger picture.

F's see life in vivid color but miss the cold hard facts.

T's see life in shades of grey. Making it harder for them to feel.

Add that up. NF and NT compliment each other perfectly. Plus the fact that most N's share an outsiders view and feeling of being "different", which creates an unspoken bond.

NT anchors the NF and helps them with their problems(and you know all dramatic NF's love sharing their sad stories). NT gives them logical explainations that NF's usually dont come up with. Will go even deeper into thought than an NF.

NF helps the NT feel. Socialize. Take peoples emotion into account. And both types like to better themselves. Theyre on a mission together. Both have an interest in each other. Both may feel "youre just like me" because of the shared N, but admire the F/T differences and maybe secretly want to be like the other.

If the situation is right, they complete each other. If the situation is not right, they will drive each other crazy while still feeling some attraction to each other(love/hate).

Don't get me wrong. I love sensors too. But none of them could ever give me that sense of "this was meant to be" like NF's do.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
I just wanna share how I pictured the "drawn together" part from day 1.

attachment.php

Great piece.

NT - smug smile. Happy on inside but restraining themselves from showing it.
NF - all out feeling. "i'm so happy, whooohooo!". But also a serene calmness with the NT. Anchored.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
and both NT and NF tendancy to overlook the details makes for a harmonious, less stressful relationship than you see with two Sensors. You rarely will see NT/NF getting in huge shouting matches over minor things like taking out the garbage or over who is supposed to cook dinner.

With sensors, they will argue about the dumbest most insignificant things. And they are FARRRR more stubborn, ie. "I like her but she's a republican and I'm not so I dont want to date her".

Sensors make good couples together too, but it's normal. S are all over the place. If there are slight problems in the relationship, they know they can hit Joe's Nighborhood Pub and find another person just like them.

N's are so rare. An NT and NF finding each other is even more rare. They will feel like "I'll never have anyone like you ever again" so typically hold on longer and value each other more.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Two furthest extremes........

NF are the warmest type.

NT are the coldest type.

When they come together, they meet in the middle. Balance each other out.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
S see things close up. What's right in front of them. Tunnel vision. Making them practical, here and now.

N see things in the far. What's coming up, what's in the rearview, what can't be seen in normal view. The larger picture.

And I speak from experience when I say... an N (like me) can drive an S (like hubby) nuts coming up with what "could" happen and asking them to plan for that possibility. Like keeping the happy bouncing, tail wagging, free roaming dog known to be a "chaser" breed on a leash.

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
I dunno about NTP's. I get along with them, but theres never really been that draw to me like an NTJ gives.

Then again I'm also drawn to NFP's and NFJ's as well.

Tho with J's I find myself wanting to challenge them more. :tongue:

Edit: The challenging thing sounded bad in reflection. I meant it in a more playful way. They seem to have this seriousness in their convictions that makes me want to get them to loosen up and just go with it all.

Last edited:

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I've been attracted to NFs because I find the level of their emotional involvement in, well, everything to be very refreshing and amusing. NF Value systems are more simple and thusly more manageable. Maybe that's why Kierkegaard said that faith (F) is a higher form of knowledge than logic(T) =)

nemo

Enneagram
<3
Ideally the moth is of the flaming, fire-breathing variety. ;)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've been attracted to NFs because I find the level of their emotional involvement in, well, everything to be very refreshing and amusing.
Condescending yet excusable.

NF Value systems are more simple and thusly more manageable.
Gah, I was about to get up all in your business about this when I suddenly realized that my *value system* is quite simple, interesting.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
It's a good thing you had the revelation beforehand. You may have done something rash and irreversibly regrettable.

Gold Star++

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
It would seem that the moth usually meets an unfortunate end in that scenario, yes?

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
Haha. I think it's case specific.

Indeed. So were you the moth or the flame? I was the flame. :)

Ideally the moth is of the flaming, fire-breathing variety. ;)

lol, I see you like your women the firey dragon types ;)

It would seem that the moth usually meets an unfortunate end in that scenario, yes?

Yes. Either the moth burns or the flame dies out. In rare cases the dance around the flame still goes on. Thats my opinion. :)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Haha. I think it's case specific.
In my experience, there's even a lot of switching back and forth. And sometimes it can be "A moth to a glowing ice cube" or "A moth to a blowtorch" too. Most of the time "Like a moth to a butterfly" would work better around here.

Tophsquatch

MBTI Type
ENFP
Electroshock

I had a crazy old neighbor a couple years back who set up "Tesla" poles to zap any and all moths, mosquitos, crickets, locusts (grasshoppers) and other insectual maladies that invaded his backyard.

Wait...wasn't this conversation about the bizarre NF/NT convergence? I've seen like two INTJs so far in here...y'all are indeed rare. Luckily, one of my better (male unfortunately) friends is an INTJ so I have some idea of what you're like.

I'm relatively new to MTBI, Kiersley, Myers and Briggs, but when I discovered the strange "convergence" I mentioned earlier, it hit me like a ton of bricks (or a tesla coil...but I'm a slightly bigger bug).

It makes sense though.
------------------

Friends Don't Let Friends Drink and Park; Accidents Cause People.