• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] The dark side of getting along very well with everyone

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I relate 100% to all of the above. I am really working on only accepting responsibility, shame, etc etc for the mistakes *I* have made and not taking responsibility for the other person's responsibilities, mistakes and issues. This can be hard when you're the kind of person who is inclined to blame oneself too much and to assume that you can always get people to respond nicely through your great interpersonal skills - as I am. Sometimes you just can't, and you've done your best, and it has nothing more to do with you and everything else to do with them, and you need to stop beating yourself up. Your comments about idealizing the person also ring very true.

:hug: Sorry to hear about your unpleasant situation. I really relate to that right now too!

Thanks, SilkRoad. After this experience, I'm really trying to work on the same things, and mostly accept that not everything can be fixed. Sometimes things just go wrong, and instead of taking undue responsibility so that I have a shot at repairing things, sometimes it's just better to let go, and letting go does not equal personal failure.
A very hard lesson.
The joys of NFness, eh?