• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What do you dislike about NFs?

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All the NF's I know are super hard on themselves (including me). I wish we could be happy and content with ourselves for once!!!

Flakiness. Even the NFJ's that I know, because they tend to spread themselves too thin.

NF's who are too serious, and take everything seriously can be pretty scary.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Some unattractive traits of different types of NFs

These don't apply to all NFs.

Some unattractive traits of different types of NFs:
Trying too hard to please, being too indecisive, conflict avoidance that can turn into unexpressed resentment, attention whoring.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A reason I harbor: being able to rationalize every action brought on by their feelings, no matter how bad the action was.

Yes, which is often accompanied by an inability to be honest about the emotional motivations of said actions. Suddenly, the NF becomes the coldest, most logical creature that ever existed, with their actions being perfectly justified.

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I cannot...let...go...for the life of me!
Put my puppy in a paper bag and light him on fire? Sounds like you were having aterrible day. I had a bad day once, and I only gave the homeless guy under the bridge a dollar instead of my usual ten, so I can totally relate, and you probably did me a favor because I'm really a terrible dog owner, so will you forgive and be my friend again?

Of course, puppy sadist will forget to wipe his feet at the door a week later, and I'll eat his soul, anyway.

Volatility. That's another one.

And the crash that comes after realizing that the person you've elevated isn't nearly as wonderful as you previously thought. Or they are, but the glaring intensity of the realized faults is just too much to see the good anymore. And then the guilt associated with focusing on the negative...good fun.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
I cannot...let...go...for the life of me!
Put my puppy in a paper bag and light him on fire? Sounds like you were having aterrible day. I had a bad day once, and I only gave the homeless guy under the bridge a dollar instead of my usual ten, so I can totally relate, and you probably did me a favor because I'm really a terrible dog owner, so will you forgive and be my friend again?

Of course, puppy sadist will forget to wipe his feet at the door a week later, and I'll eat his soul, anyway.

Volatility. That's another one.

And the crash that comes after realizing that the person you've elevated isn't nearly as wonderful as you previously thought. Or they are, but the glaring intensity of the realized faults is just too much to see the good anymore. And then the guilt associated with focusing on the negative...good fun.

:coffee: i also dislike that in NFs. Thanks for being honest.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I had a bad day once, and I only gave the homeless guy under the bridge a dollar instead of my usual ten, so I can totally relate,

Yeah u guys would rather give a guy 10 dollars than become filthy rich and give it back to society in the form of abusive tax rates.
That's just so selfish

*covers blue in blame*
*congratulates himself for that terrible pun :laugh:*

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I guess now I'll point out some flaws about me, pick out ones that are found in a lot of NFs and/or are most bothersome:

- laziness
- wishy washy
- don't take things srsly enough for most folks
- forgetful
- half-asser (goes with laziness)
- quickly get excited about something and then just as quickly lose interest and go onto another something and repeat process over and over forever and ever and ever
- laziness
- fuzzy life goals
- go off topic too much
- high power level, don't use it because of laziness
- annoyed by most children, even though I'd like to have as much responsibility as them, ideally.

I don't think this relates to NFs much at all come to think of it..

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I guess now I'll point out some flaws about me, pick out ones that are found in a lot of NFs and/or are most bothersome:

- laziness
- half-asser (goes with laziness)
- laziness
- high power level, don't use it because of lazinessly

Hah, wow...you must be feeling really, really lazy today.

Yeah u guys would rather give a guy 10 dollars than become filthy rich and give it back to society in the form of abusive tax rates.
That's just so selfish

Actually, I prefer to be filthy rich, rape the masses with only mildly offensive tax rates, and then dip into my billion dollar bonuses to give the the homeless guy ten bucks to cleanse my soul. Or at least have that option before my conscience kicks in and ruins my fun! If wishes were fishes....

*covers blue in blame*
*congratulates himself for that terrible pun

As well you should. Very....punny :yes:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nothing I can't live with. Quite a small thing.

But I'd say I dislike the reverse irony I often note in NF's. Ie. they project their opinion onto the opinion of NT's, challenging certain peoples opinions with arguements that in turn would be just as effective to undermine their own opinion in the first place.

Example, even though we don't always disclaimer all our thoughts and opinions. We do know that, especially on the abundant subjective issues, our opinions, although true for us, are not absolute. But then when the NF argues on that to us, as if we have said our opinion as absolute, because we forgot to mention our disclaimer to cover for all misinterpretations. It comes across to us as the NF's feeling that their opinion is actually the absolute view. And although their arguements may be sound, where they come from is not always sound. Reverse irony!

But I let it slide because they usually don't even realise it themselves and have no ill intentions, and it's often not even about important subjects in the first place. And I'm pretty used to being misunderstood, so that's no new thing either. :D

Apart from that, I seem to get along with NF's pretty well. Live and let live and all that.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Or at least have that option before my conscience kicks in and ruins my fun! If wishes were fishes....

You mean consciousness is when my stomac makes noises?
I think i feel bad about not eating that burger :cry: