• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP's what are your plans like?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Do you have aspirations? Tell me about them, are they in the present, mid range or long term.

Do you know what you want out of life?
Are you happy what direction your life is going?
What are you doing to change your current circumstances to get to where you want to be in life?
What motivates you to achieve and finish what you started?

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2

i want things to stay the same, I love where it is going at the moment

Very much so, I have a job that I love and very passionate about

What are you doing to change your current circumstances to get to where you want to be in life?

Nothing

My boyfriend

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sort of. I'm not the kind to have detailed plans. I have general ideas, and that could work out in many ways I'd be happy with. I know that I'd like to get married, I'd like to travel, I'd like to have a creatively satisfying job and/or time to pursue a creative outlet semi-seriously, I'd like to maintain integrity, and possibly make some positive, significant influence in the life of someone else. It's important to me that my life is never stagnant and complacent. I need to be challenged/stimulated/inspired.

Right now....no. I'm feeling pretty caged & limited, since I am jobless, broke, and staying with my parents. My life seemed to be moving forward very quickly a short 2 years ago, and now it has regressed. Funny how much money can affect you (I hate that!!!).

I'm mostly trying to keep a positive attitude, which is hard. I'm trying to open up my perspective to avenues I dismissed previously because my ideals were narrower. It's very hard to let go of something you felt sure would make you happy.

Honestly, an outside commitment/deadline. I am not very self-motivated unless I am answering to someone/something. When I had my own business, I appeared self-motivated, but I had a business partner counting on me & clients waiting for a product.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sorry to hear about your job situation. It sucks to lose financial independence, especially through no fault of one's own.

[...]
Honestly, an outside commitment/deadline. I am not very self-motivated unless I am answering to someone/something. When I had my own business, I appeared self-motivated, but I had a business partner counting on me & clients waiting for a product.

Sadly, I relate highly to this. Someone waiting on me for something makes a huge difference.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP

I want financial security, a family, and a home for my family.
I am very happy with the direction my life is going.
I'm doing the things I'm passionate about, pursuing work in an area I'm good at and enjoy, and developing the relationship with my SO to its full potential.
My vision of a family and a home and a satisfying, productive life in the future.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm the worst perceiver ever. All plans and aspirations are only temporary shelters.

I Don't have much direction honestly. I'm in school but it feels useless personally. I'm only a full time student so I can stay on my parent's insurance and not get bitched at and forced to get a real job. Plus I have no idea what I'm doing in life so I'm taking the school route like everyone else in an attempt to buy more thinking time.

just keepin it real

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Adoamros said:
I Don't have much direction honestly. I'm in school but it feels useless personally. I'm only a full time student so I can stay on my parent's insurance and not get bitched at and forced to get a real job. Plus I have no idea what I'm doing in life so I'm taking the school route like everyone else in an attempt to buy more thinking time.

If only everyone could be so lucky

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I see that you people have been productive at creating an extension forum to INFPgc. Hell, why don't we look into getting you a sub-forum on here somewhere!

I'm the worst perceiver ever. All plans and aspirations are only temporary shelters.

just keepin it real

This post clearly exemplifies the notion that would dominate your message board, as it does at INFPgc today.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see that you people have been productive at creating an extension forum to INFPgc. Hell, why don't we look into getting you a sub-forum on here somewhere!

This post clearly exemplifies the notion that would dominate your message board, as it does at INFPgc today.

INFPgc has been down for a couple of months at least.

Admittedly there were a number of posts on INFPgc in which people complained about lacking direction or motivation. If only you had been there giving useful feedback to set people on the right path! ;)

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Not exactly.

I want to keep tap dance in my life in some major way. I'm interested in choreography. I'm interested in NOT adhering to the standard dance company format. A tap dance band would be better. I want to choreograph with my friends. I also want to collaborate with my friend (who's in theatre, and wants to get into directing) on choreography and movement stuff. Basically, I have these ideas/projects in my head and I want to do them. Not so lucrative, but you know.

I want to be fluent in Japanese. Maybe live in Japan? I don't know; I'm happy here and I'm happy in America. When I get to the point of fluency, I don't really know what I want to do with it.

The things I'm interested in don't seem to be a "normal" combination... So, I have no example to draw from. Hooray.

I'm not unhappy with the direction my life is going. I actually don't even know what direction it's going, to be honest. My life after July is kind of a huge question mark right now.

It might be hard at first, actually. Most likely, I'm going to have to go back and live with my mom for at least a year due to my massive student loans...and take whatever job(s) I can get. If I can stay at home with no living expenses, and put all of my income toward my loans...hopefully I can make a dent in them. (I hate being held down by money.)

Besides, I have only one other plan in mind at the moment, and I'm going to have to wait at least a year to apply for it. I was thinking of applying to the JET Program...basically you live in Japan and work as an assistant English teacher at middle schools and stuff. The only reservation that I have here, is that I'm not necessarily interested in teaching (it actually kind of scares me)...but what else is there for me to do? I need to do something. I've found that inaction (just sitting around and thinking) is pretty much useless for figuring out what you want.

Studying. :dry:

Tomorrow I'm heading to a tap studio and taking a trial lesson... See if I can do some "networking" (that concept makes my skin crawl) here in Japan in the tap community.

I feel like I should be doing something as far as applying for/finding a job for when I go back home...but since I'm not going to be back until the very end of July...is there anything I can/should be doing right now? I have no idea.

Having a strong sense of shame and failure helps. But really, most of the things that I start are things I want really bad in the first place, so I don't have a huge problem with motivation.

As far as things I don't really want to do, that I have to do...well, if I don't do them, most of the time it negatively affects the things I do like. If I think of it that way, I'm way more motivated.

Of course, none of this stuff is set in stone. At all. Things could be dramatically different. But this is what I've got at the moment.

teacups&cupcakes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
abcd

I just want to be happy and do what I feel is best for me.

I guess so, I'm going towards my dream of making films so hopefully I will end up somewhere that is pleasant for me.

Actually pushing to myself to do things instead of just thinking about them.

The feeling of looking back and seeing that you actually did something. :)

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Do you have aspirations? Tell me about them, are they in the present, mid range or long term.

My aspirations are mostly permanent adjustments to attitude. I want to be able to keep the perspective I sometimes have of the big picture which makes it easier to treat others with kindness.

I have career aspirations but I keep those under very careful scrutiny, ensuring that my motives for seeking a higher salary than the world mean are pure. And I also continually check myself to make sure that this aspiration doesn't overtake the other, more important ones.

I believe so, yes, though this seems to be ever-changing with experience.

Very much so.

I am trying to cultivate an appreciation for the things that really matter in life, and more importantly, acting on that. I'm of the firm opinion that the physical things I need will be provided for me if I first seek the proper attitude. But I'm also working my butt off with nitty gritty physical details of a move and financing college. Direct action can certainly be a powerful part of the equation.

My significant other, and to a nearly equal extent my own desire to be a pious individual.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Mine seem to be mid term ideas that generally are a bit vague. I have business aspirations and personal growth aspirations that are interchangeable.

Yes, to be able to trust to love, to live abundantly and without fear from my family.

This is a gradual process, right now I am in a neutral place where I'm neither unhappy or satisfied with my life, this will change.

Increasing my social ability so that I can express myself better with people in person which has kind of stalled. I am looking for share places and keep putting it off to look for individual places to stay at. I love my privacy and yet this won't challenge my perspective and comfort zone.

Sometimes when I am clear minded I think I know, then I falter and motivation goes. Supportive people do motivate me to achieve and finish what I start. It seems its like fuel, without enough affirmations I run out of fuel and the motivation just goes.

I want to find out how I can motivate myself when I get flat and learn from what works for other people and what doesn't since this is one of those issues that manage to crop up in life, shared wisdom is good wisdom.

G

Ginkgo

What is this "plan" that you speak of? I only see contingencies and ways to approach each one.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP

My plans are more like ideas of different ways things could turn out and how I might have influence on that. The idea is to be open to opportunities, really. I see some possible scenarios of different aspects of my life:
A) Work
-1) I get my current project done, it will get me to new project/ job
-2) I don't get it done
B) School
-1) I will apply to a school and get there
-2) I will not apply or get in
C) Housing
-1) I will move in with some friends in the city my school is going to be
-2) I will move there alone
-3) I will move there with someone else
-4) I will not move there

Now, these all are related to the others. It seems pretty likely that I will have to move to another city, since I know the possibilities for work and school are there. It seems partly out of my control with who I live there, but I would prefer to not live alone, because of the prices of rent and other things. To me it seems like the main thing now is to get the project done and making sure I have the option to join a commune in the near future. If things go as I "plan", next year I will be studying in another city, living with my friends and getting paid for the project I have been working on.

Yes, in a way I do, but it is also sketchy and it doesn't really go too far. I don't know what I want to do when I am sixty, that is. Professionally I want to get into a position where I am respected for the things I do well. I want to have enough money to live comfortably without selling my soul in order to get it. I also want to have people close to me. This is a big question for me, since the way I see it, people seem to sell their friends in order to get careers. I don't know what I will do with that, but I can't really do anything now, so I leave the question open. I might get a family, if the circumstances are right. This also seems like a too distant future to be thinking now.

Yes. I am happy for how things have been going for the past five years or so, and I am confident that my life will continue to change for better.

I am creating myself opportunities in a quiet way. Soon I'll move in with some of my friends that I know will be moving to the city I will be moving to, so if things go well with us, I see a chance there I might move there with them. Also, I am taking part in some projects that are work-related but more like a hobby. I think this will also have a chance to get me in some real money-projects later on. Basically, I just do the things I like and expect that I will get better in it so that someday someone might pay me for doing it.

If it is something I like, then there is no problem. But if it's not, then I will have to force myself into doing it. That's not too nice.

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm not a planner.