• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Calling all shoppers...

What is your major shopping preference?

• I hate shopping and shop only when I have to.

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Shopping is okay; I get what I want and go.

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • I only shop online.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • I love to shop and am a bonafide shop-aholic.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • I only enjoy shopping during the holidays.

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
I can't stand shopping the local stores around the holiday season and especially the crowds! ACK! :sick: Crowds drain the life right out of me. Are there others here that feel the same way I do?

I am generally a skinflint, but I will spend money when the need arises. I do enjoy spending hours and hours shopping at thrift stores. At the grocery store, I'll spend hours and hours comparing prices or nutrition. (I use to be a coupon-aholic so maybe you might understand).

I love browsing and comparing items online. :biggrin:

I can't stand malls. :tongue10:

Your thoughts?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
It really depends on my mood. Mostly I don't like crowds and messing around looking for stuff, but occasionally I don't mind.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can't stand shopping the local stores around the holiday season and especially the crowds! ACK! :sick: Crowds drain the life right out of me. Are there others here that feel the same way I do?

I am generally a skinflint, but I will spend money when the need arises. I do enjoy spending hours and hours shopping at thrift stores. At the grocery store, I'll spend hours and hours comparing prices or nutrition. (I use to be a coupon-aholic so maybe you might understand).

I love browsing and comparing items online. :biggrin:

I can't stand malls. :tongue10:

Your thoughts?

Shopping is an EFJ thing, ESFJ especially.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
None of the options fit, really. I love shopping once in a while but I'm certainly not a shopaholic, and I rarely buy things I don't need. I like finding good deals.

Shopping is an EFJ thing, ESFJ especially.
This might not be the first time you've heard this, but you don't have a clue.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
None of the options fit, really. I love shopping once in a while but I'm certainly not a shopaholic, and I rarely buy things I don't need. I like finding good deals.

This might not be the first time you've heard this, but you don't have a clue.

Argument?

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm not a fan of malls and crowds. I don't mind rummaging (sp?) through boutiques, provided they aren't crowded. I tend to avoid the whole shopping scene during the holidays. I finish most of my Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving and I'll order online some during the busy season.

As far as spending money, I'm fairly cheap when it comes down to it. I buy almost everything on sale & shop in thrift stores on occasion.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP

Sounds like me. I really enjoy it when I'm in the mood, but when I'm not, it's rather tiring. I don't usually mind crowds or anything (except when I have to wait forever).

And I only like to shop online for certain things. Books, cds, etc, stuff that is going to be the same, regardless, I'm happy to buy online. But clothes, especially, I really need to try myself, cause often something as simple as a poor type of fabric will make me completely change my mind.

Like anyone, I enjoy good deals, but I'm not a big fan of thrift stores, really.
I actually really enjoy owning/wearing fairly expensive (or very good quality) new clothes, but I do have to love it before I can justify spending that sort of money. I would buy them more often if I could afford it. :yes: :rolli:

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I don't always find that a crowd drains me if its a crowd of people I am not familiar with, and if I'm moving around and they are, too. Its not like being at a party where you are in a huge crowd and you actually know some of the people and theres no where to run, unless you want to leave.

I buy stuff when there is soemthing I want, and I generally just get it and leave. I'll look around a bit to see if there is something else I can get later, but generally I just get it and leave.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
A friend of mine once told me I don't understand women and shopping, despite being a woman. If that gives you any idea...

I like to go in, get what I came for, *maybe* glance around if I see there's something that could be better, and go home.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate shopping.
I don't even want luxuries. I don't want to buy gifts and I don't want to get any gifts. I hate crowds and time pressure. I try to make it perfectly clear that I'm out of the whole holiday business.

Atomic Fiend

Yesterday on Black Friday, My friend invited me and a couple more of his pals to relax at his home, me having known him for 10+ years now am well aware of how things can go weird with him so I bring my car. What I want to do is keep my car near me the whole time to avoid any unwanted trips to the mall, for obvious reasons.

About three hours into hanging at his place I become hungry, so I head toward my car to go get something to eat, He says lets all go in the same car, his car. I believe that all were going to do is go and get something to eat.

So we're at the mall on Black Friday.

I'd rather starve.

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
Yesterday on Black Friday, My friend invited me and a couple more of his pals to relax at his home, me having known him for 10+ years now am well aware of how things can go weird with him so I bring my car. What I want to do is keep my car near me the whole time to avoid any unwanted trips to the mall, for obvious reasons.

About three hours into hanging at his place I become hungry, so I head toward my car to go get something to eat, He says lets all go in the same car, his car. I believe that all were going to do is go and get something to eat.

So we're at the mall on Black Friday.

I'd rather starve.

With family or friends, that's precisely the reason why I always drive separately! :wink:

I had ONCE begrudgingly agreed to go shopping at 4AM on Black Friday with my dear ESFJ friend (you are right, BlueWing, with her!) and all of her buddies -- never again. I hated it. I was trapped, too, because we left in her huge Explorer van. She lives and breathes shopping, and she is darn good at it! She walks really fast, though; I thought I'd never keep up. I didn't buy one thing -- I was just miserable.

Atomic Fiend

With family or friends, that's precisely the reason why I always drive separately! :wink:

I had ONCE begrudgingly agreed to go shopping at 4AM on Black Friday with my dear ESFJ friend (you are right, BlueWing, with her!) and all of her buddies -- never again. I hated it. I was trapped, too, because we left in her huge Explorer van. She lives and breathes shopping, and she is darn good at it! She walks really fast, though; I thought I'd never keep up. I didn't buy one thing -- I was just miserable.
No one brought anything during our foray through the angry mothers of America.
So it was an essentially pointless. The friend was ENFP, my best friend, and sometimes the biggest flake ever.

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
No one brought anything during our foray through the angry mothers of America.
So it was an essentially pointless. The friend was ENFP, my best friend, and sometimes the biggest flake ever.

Usually, if I am going to shop, I prefer to shop alone... at my pace.

Atomic Fiend

Usually, if I am going to shop, I prefer to shop alone... at my pace.

I prefer amazon, it's just so much easier and much less stressful. I trade the expenses of gas with the expenses of shipping and handling, which are significantly lower then if you were to drive your tank from store to store looking for a game that everyone must have, not find it, then wake up the next morning trying to figure out how your tank is empty when you just filled it up four days ago, that and I can't seem to find my ATM card anywhere, which would make this the second time I've lost it... But ATM or not I would still prefer Amazon over actual shopping.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Everyone should enjoy retail therapy as much as I do right down to the buyers remorse. When I was in retail Black Friday was my favorite day to work. I was completely on point and in my element.

Yes it's less hassle to shop online, but shopping is a contact sport you've got to get your hands dirty. It's fun to elbow people and ram carts into them. What better day than the day after Thanksgiving?! Gets out all that pent up aggression you've been holding onto and burns off calories. It's good for the heart, mind, and soul. Next year, I'm going to get a customized shopping cart with a cute little horn and tags that say, "MOVE BITCH!"

My best shopping partners are two INTs. Yes, shopping most definitely brings people together. :hug:

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
This really got me rolling!

Next year, I'm going to get a customized shopping cart with a cute little horn and tags that say, "MOVE BITCH!"

:rofl1:

I really WISH I could enjoy it... but I just don't. I'm glad that there are so many of you out there who do, though! :smile:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like to see my choices in their fullest variety at the best price which means I've gotten spoiled on internet shopping. Me and my driving need for efficiency.

If I want to people watch and stroll and score an oddity here and there, I'll go out to the mall. Otherwise, I don't like being crushed. And my INTJ best friend grumbles about having to pick me up and tote me around when my legs give out, and I can't make it back to the car.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everyone should enjoy retail therapy as much as I do right down to the buyers remorse. When I was in retail Black Friday was my favorite day to work. I was completely on point and in my element.

Yes it's less hassle to shop online, but shopping is a contact sport you've got to get your hands dirty. It's fun to elbow people and ram carts into them. What better day than the day after Thanksgiving?! Gets out all that pent up aggression you've been holding onto and burns off calories. It's good for the heart, mind, and soul. Next year, I'm going to get a customized shopping cart with a cute little horn and tags that say, "MOVE BITCH!"

My best shopping partners are two INTs. Yes, shopping most definitely brings people together. :hug:

LOL!! I should go shopping with YOU sometime. Sounds like fun. :D

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I hate shopping and only go when I have to and I prefer to shop online. Being around a massive amount of people is too annoying and I seem to be worse as I get older. I prefer to go in, get what I need and get out! I worked in retail for 5 years so that may be why I find people so annoying. Weird thing is I can be quite the extrovert sometimes. :confused:

We were actually planning on getting the kids Christmas shopping done tonight, but the drop off childcare place decided to close early so we had a change of plans. I am now on my way downstairs and we're going shopping online! :) Glass of wine, some nice music and best of all no dodging people! :D

Proteanmix let me guess, you choose "I'm a bona fide shopper!" :alttongue: