• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Calling all shoppers...

What is your major shopping preference?

• I hate shopping and shop only when I have to.

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Shopping is okay; I get what I want and go.

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • I only shop online.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • I love to shop and am a bonafide shop-aholic.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • I only enjoy shopping during the holidays.

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't like crowds, so I usually choose what I want online and then go into the store and pick it up! :D The best of both worlds- less time in the store, but no wait to get what you bought!

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
:) Considering I manage a retail store for a living 'shop-a-holic' fits me. I am a certified bargain hunter! I have to go off the beaten path to find these deals and have the patience to wait. I know the 'retail game' inside and out so really I don't have to look far. This thread is very interesting to me so I hope it continues. I swear (no joke at all) that I've been successful in part due to MBTI. I noticed before MBTI the different kinds of shoppers and did my best to learn the psychological aspects of getting people to part with their money. In my last job I had to be personalized and persuasive to make my sales. I listened for 'key words' of types so I knew exactly what to say. In this job my influence is much less direct. I don't have too much direct customer contact. I do however try to cater to every type there is in my store overall. I make it easy for everyone to buy stuff and feel good about it:).

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I usually ignore salespeople. Such as a salesperson might ask me "Can I help you, sir?" and I'll answer "Yes, by being at the cashier once I've made my mind up". Rude, but so satisfying... :devil:

I noticed before MBTI the different kinds of shoppers and did my best to learn the psychological aspects of getting people to part with their money. In my last job I had to be personalized and persuasive to make my sales. I listened for 'key words' of types so I knew exactly what to say.

Gee, that's sooo manipulative :rolleyes:

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
That isn't manipulative (nor was it intended to sound that way)....it's just part of the job.
Maverick said:
I usually ignore salespeople. Such as a salesperson might ask me "Can I help you, sir?" and I'll answer "Yes, by being at the cashier once I've made my mind up". Rude, but so satisfying...
Really this is a great way to be for everyone involved it saves both time. Rude people really aren't that unique. You only have to be in retail for a day or two to come across this kind of behavior.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
That isn't manipulative (nor was it intended to sound that way)....it's just part of the job.

;)

Really this is a great way to be for everyone involved it saves both time. Rude people really aren't that unique. You only have to be in retail for a day or two to come across this kind of behavior.

Thank god they aren't unique, or else we'd waste alot of time. Yay for rude people.

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
Maverick said:
Thank god they aren't unique, or else we'd waste alot of time. Yay for rude people.
Exactly! Rude people are really not a waste of time....it's why they do not phase me. They are great tools for teaching associates how to deal with a job working with the general public. I've had to comfort many young associates who were treated like this. It enables me to give the same speech and they seem to do OK after that. Especially if it's the first few time it really happens....it's better to get it over with early in the job. I know how long they will last after we talk and even if I have them assigned to the proper position in the store. I don't know how other managers deal with it or even if they are able to turn it into something good.

***Sorry for the derailment Sandy :)***

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
In general, I love shopping. I just hate crowds. I hate tourists that can't make up their mind as to which side of the road they want to occupy, people poking me with their damn carts when I'm waiting in line or just having billions of people around me. They are disgusting. I do, however, love to shop when there aren't a million frantic people in front of me. I go through the department store on my way to work, just to look at the displays. I have an ability to find good deals on clothes and stuff, and I usually spend extremely small amounts on these compared to other people (as far as I know). I enjoy grocery shopping, just to wander around, gathering my thoughts and work out problems while I trawl the aisles, reading labels.

Hmm. We recently got a small mall near the place I live. This is potentially very dangerous, so lately I've been avoiding it like the plague. Too many easy opportunities to spend money.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Ah, I hit a soft spot there :D . Sorry, you're not all the goody-goody people you like to seem like

:hug:

I think it was your tender underbelly that was poked. ;) I don't pretend to be anything other than what I am. Do you worry about being manipulated? It seems to be a theme in your posts. Like Lookin4 said, it's part of the job. The objective is to sell and while that doesn't mean check your ethics at the door and lie to people you still have the bottom line that needs to be met.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I think it was your tender underbelly that was poked. ;) I don't pretend to be anything other than what I am. Do you worry about being manipulated? It seems to be a theme in your posts. Like Lookin4 said, it's part of the job. The objective is to sell and while that doesn't mean check your ethics at the door and lie to people you still have the bottom line that needs to be met.

No, I just like to piss ENFJ's off :devil:

And probably developed by an ENTJ. :hi:

Damn right :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi, Satan. I'm Lucifer. Nice to meet you. Love what you're doing with your horns. Blend in almost entirely with your goat hair. Who me? Just passing by, damning some souls en route to a Scrabble game. How's that angel of light gig working out for you? Splendid, good to hear. Success is the nectar of the gods, as they say, and to be sure we are gods, if a bit fallen into the mire... Listen, I have to go spit a few mortals and watch them writhe around. Would you be so rude as to ignore their pleas for mercy? I knew I could count on you...Ta!

Heavy sarcasm alert.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Hi, Satan. I'm Lucifer. Nice to meet you. Love what you're doing with your horns. Blend in almost entirely with your goat hair. Who me? Just passing by, damning some souls en route to a Scrabble game. How's that angel of light gig working out for you? Splendid, good to hear. Success is the nectar of the gods, as they say, and to be sure we are gods, if a bit fallen into the mire... Listen, I have to go spit a few mortals and watch them writhe around. Would you be so rude as to ignore their pleas for mercy? I knew I could count on you...Ta!

Lucifer, I'm your father :vader1: Don't you think you can fool you ole' dad with those tricks I taught you, heh? Do you think I'm a novice when it comes to evil? I've seen them all. I've chewed and had to spit them out like the lime they are. Why don't you just spare me your diplomacy and let us get down to business? Time is precious, you know.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lucifer, I'm your father :vader1: Don't you think you can fool you ole' dad with those tricks I taught you, heh? Do you think I'm a novice when it comes to evil? I've seen them all. I've chewed and had to spit them out like the lime they are. Why don't you just spare me your diplomacy and let us get down to business? Time is precious, you know.

*bursting out laughing*!!!

Man. I was so ready to hate on you. Damn your evil genius/urbanity/humor! *sets lightsaber aside* I will become one with the Dark Side. No more dancing around. Geez! lol

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
*bursting out laughing*!!!

Man. I was so ready to hate on you. Damn your evil genius/urbanity/humor! *sets lightsaber aside* I will become one with the Dark Side. No more dancing around. Geez! lol

Hey all you ENFJ's out there.

I know you're not manipulative (well, not too much).

I love you all I really do.

Big kisses,

Your favorite evil overlord.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
EEWWWW!!!! Pink emotion!!! It's a Force trick! *wriggles around* The Dark Lord banishes thee!!

hahha, no no. I think this calls for a disgusting display of make-up kissing. *stands and motions for quiet* Everyone. May I direct your attention to Maverick, please? Proceed in an orderly manner to bestow physical signs of affection upon the face-part of his person. Cast aside restraint! The more saliva, the better. Thank you!

:D

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
hahha, no no. I think this calls for a disgusting display of make-up kissing. *stands and motions for quiet* Everyone. May I direct your attention to Maverick, please? Proceed in an orderly manner to bestow physical signs of affection upon the face-part of his person. Cast aside restraint! The more saliva, the better. Thank you!

Don't listen to her you fools! You there! Kiss her on the right. You! On the left. You! On the forehead. Go! Go! Go! I'll show her who's in charge here!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't listen to her you fools! You there! Kiss her on the right. You! On the left. You! On the forehead. Go! Go! Go! I'll show her who's in charge here!

Sad sad little Sith lord. I defy your puny machinations! Let the kisses assail me! You forget -- I've lived with an ENFP! I am hardened to all forms of affectionate assault! You cannot prevail!

I am your puppet master!!

*licks your face*

WHOO! That's some piquant aftershave, bro! *cough* I almost lost control of my mighty powers and destroyed a planet! *cough cough* WHOO! *eyes watering*