• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs why dont you ........ ?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sending humanity back to the stoneage is hard, controling it afterward is even harder; having someone you trust to hand it off to, even more so. I also have a hard time believing there are enough people with my thinking that I'd trust to join up with to do it properly. I'm also too lazy to put the effort in to make the above possible.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't have an attitude. :huh: I'm simply saying that I do not see why huge amounts of time, energy, and resources should be dedicated to a pursuit that is fruitless, pointless, and unreasonable. As a result, I wanted to demonstrate that not all NFs are of the same opinion, and I wanted to throw that into the mix.

So all current resources that are already being used in this "pursuit" should be withdrawn? surely that would mean multinational genocide.
Wait i'm not sure we are talking about the same thing.
Do you mean that all current projects in this persuit should be abandoned?
Like human rights groups, anti war groups, peace keeping forces etc?
People are already involved in this struggle.
Or, do you mean simply as a reply to the OP that all nf's should get together to do it?
I was talking of the former, we have an ever present struggle in trying to reach an idealism in which people are already working.

To WRITE.LIKE.THIS would, to me, suggest attitude.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What? Isn't it true??? I mean seriously! Okay, okay, okay, yes, please let us all be politically correct and say we want world peace for everyone and we all wanna be flower power children. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, in reality, NO ONE wants peace because we all know what it would mean and what it would take to get there!

No one is willing to give up anything unless they have nothing to lose.

it is not true that no one would be willing to conform to a system which allowed everyone to have an equal standard of living if it were in any way possible...sure it would never happen that everyone would...but say there was an option to move to a country where everyone did the work they felt best contributed to society and everyone received an equal paycheck...i believe some would...i don't care how much i have as long as it's enough and i would care even less if i knew by making that sacrifice i was helping others also have enough.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Human rights and social/economic justice movements, even with all this "globalization" are still very localized. And still, people chip away at the machine all the time. There are tiny neighborhood and city wide groups to large NGOs to lawyers, academics, policy makers, etc. and their respective institutions. I think there are millions of people around the world "fighting the good fight" in a way and once in a while there are huge umbrella banners, years, cases, etc. that people can come together about (for instance "the environment" or "women and girl's equality")

The problem is, no movement is truly global and unified like an army, and there is no one giant "bad guy" for the global David to aim his pea shooter at.

Also, in the past few decades "activism" has changed from a few extremely passionate and dedicated veterans to really "everybody" participating to a lesser extent in "the good fight" Whether it's switching to energy saving bulbs and fixtures to volunteering at soup shelters to being more informed when voting, etc. At least in the West

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Back to the original post, you are absolutely correct. But you see the thing is..I'm lazy most of the time. I can be governing at times sometimes, but I wish to experience that more often. But I push things aside. Isn't this more often an N trait? Sure I can daydream all day about fixing problems, but putting them in action takes a lot of will power that's just not there for me most days. Once I find an anti-laziness machine or pill then I'll get right on that.

thinkinjazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Take this thread as purely hypotetical but try take it somewhat seriously.

Toward the stereotype NFs are people that are most likely to be concerned about human rights. Also they make almost 10% of the worlds population.
What is about 700 000 000 NFs .

Plus you are scattered around all world. What means that you are pretty much everywhere. There is no a single country that does not have NFs in its population.

What means that if you manage to connect enough NFs you would have the power to change the world. (even on none violant ways). Especially since many others would probably join you in this endevour.

I mean from strategic point of view it can be done.

For example developed countries tend to be democratic. What means that taking controle over them is probably the easiest move if you manage to mobilize enough people (that by the way tend to like NF life philosophy for the most part). Basicly the only real opponent are multi-national corporations

What makes this a good first move for the movement. However you must not do things in secret since that will turn people of.

Once you have most of the developed world and its resources it should not be that hard to remove the third world dictators and international organized crime if you really try hard enough.

So, why NFs don't do this ?

Ok the idea is crazy but with enough strategic planning and determination it would not be impossible to do achive this goal with time

I agree, but planning in general is not our strong point, well making them maybe, but the follow through requires the help from more practical types. We are simply too impatient and lazy (in a sense) to follow through with our ideas (granted NFJ's will probably be better at follow through and NFP's will have better ideas, generally speaking).

pyramid

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I am an NF with a very strong interest in harmony, sustainability, universal languages, self-healing... my plot starts here.

It's like people are afraid of being happy because they fear the catastrophic event following euphoria (um, death? birth?) or they feel the distance between themselves and their vision and assume it's too far of a goal for their lifetime. You cannot halt evolution with pessimism, but you can sure try.

The whole world feeling better (improved human rights, overall lifted morale, positive attitude, optimism, love) starts with you feeling the best that you can. As long as you are still hurting you cannot heal others so effectively.

One you have solved your existential problems you can begin taking on those of the world, but your own new problems will never cease to appear and should take a balanced priority to helping others. If you know you're good and truly love who you are, then you can feel confident that interactions you have with others will be progressive, enlightening experiences for all that contribute to the higher goal.

Being who You really are is the answer. Just because it sounds simple doesn't mean it's easy, and just because it sounds complex doesn't mean it's difficult. You is ALWAYS a beautiful thing. Let others see it the best they can. People like looking at attractive stuff ;)

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
The whole world feeling better (improved human rights, overall lifted morale, positive attitude, optimism, love) starts with you feeling the best that you can. As long as you are still hurting you cannot heal others so effectively.

One you have solved your existential problems you can begin taking on those of the world, but your own new problems will never cease to appear and should take a balanced priority to helping others. If you know you're good and truly love who you are, then you can feel confident that interactions you have with others will be progressive, enlightening experiences for all that contribute to the higher goal.

Being who You really are is the answer. Just because it sounds simple doesn't mean it's easy, and just because it sounds complex doesn't mean it's difficult. You is ALWAYS a beautiful thing. Let others see it the best they can. People like looking at attractive stuff ;)

I'm not a big Michael Jackson fan, but this reminds me of the lyrics from "Man in the mirror"

I'm Starting With The Man In The Mirror
I'm Asking Him To Change His Ways
And No Message Could Have Been Any Clearer
If You Wanna Make The World A Better Place
Take A Look At Yourself, And Then Make A Change

Willywallywoo

MBTI Type
ENFP
People can be dreamers.. without the confidence, or energy or motivation to fullfill what they dream.
But, well.. I have fulfilled some of my goals in my aspiration to make the world a better place, even though its not a huge scale as such.