• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] If you could go back in time

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you could go back in time, which era(s) or decade(s) would you choose?

If I had a time machine, I'd fly back to the 70s and 80s, check out the 60s, go to the turn of the 20th century, and then check out the Victorian era 1800s and check out the Romantic era England.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I kinda wish we could take vacations to other time periods instead of just going to other places. I'm with you on your choices, but I'm also interested in the 1920's in America, and also varying parts of Europe in the 18th, 19th, and early 20th centuries.

The only concern I would have is that as a female travelling back too far in time (100 years or more) doesn't exactly seem...safe. Also, what if you caught some weird disease in the Victorian era and there were no antibiotics?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would go back and check out the Roman republic (before Marius)...
After that, i'd check out Gaul during the same time period, as well as Dacia and a few other really cool places/cultures.

I would also take a peek at nazi germany before the war.

And well... I'd like to see Frederick Barbarossa and Richard Cour de Lion... And of course Saladin.

Gobshite... There are too many things I would like to see.

Shaunward

If I had a choice, I wouldn't. I love technology too much. If I had to, I would choose the Victorian era, provided I understand my heritage correctly. I absolutely love Victorian aesthetics and have a near-obsession with the stuff. I suppose everything in this paragraph sums up why I have a penchant for steampunkery. I can see myself replicating steampunk style in my home in the future.

souffle

MBTI Type
INFP
19th century Europe, definitely. :yes: Great composers, poets, scientists galore.

Manimal

MBTI Type
INFP
id go back until the only living things on earth are plants

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm simple- just throw me back into the 90's for a little bit.

sleepy

Back to when I was 14 and wisper a few words of wisdom into my ear, maybe even earlier like 10. That's all.

P

Phantonym

Yeah, I kinda wish we could take vacations to other time periods instead of just going to other places. I'm with you on your choices, but I'm also interested in the 1920's in America, and also varying parts of Europe in the 18th, 19th, and early 20th centuries.

The only concern I would have is that as a female travelling back too far in time (100 years or more) doesn't exactly seem...safe. Also, what if you caught some weird disease in the Victorian era and there were no antibiotics?

Haha. Yes. My thoughts exactly. Basically, I would love to visit the past to witness and experience everything since the beginning of times. Obviously, with full protection from diseases and death because come on, when you've already found a way to travel back in time, you'd better find a way to be safe there.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I was born like 45 years too late, so I'd go to the sixties.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I would probably go back to search for the origin of life or at least enjoy in a major asteroid impact. (and "run away" before things get ugly)

odetoio

MBTI Type
INFJ
I would go forward.
I guess to answer the question I would have to go the big bang. Really I would only time travel in space with a cloaked ship, can you image showing in a H.G. Wells type deal in front of some Crusaders or Genghis Khan or something, maybe if the time machine were an armored vehicle! I think at 6'1" I would standout a bit after a few hundred years too, crazy details when you start thinking about it, what if we gave someone a cold from the 21st century next thing you know we never existed. Hmm we could make the time machine an android with a VR interface for the people back at home. I should write a book about it so you all could leave the theatre saying "that was just like the Matrix".
Since we're talking phreeky physics I would rather have a machine which transcended me to the Now which would be all time existing at once. Thinking about it that there's a NIN song in there, closer to God or something.
I don't know if I were writing a sci-fi about it I would argue it like Heinlein. Calculus predicted back in the 20th century that we would have a machine like this. That is since any time equation is based in it, by definition, and any time based equation can be transformed to an alternate space. It was just a matter of time before some over eager and entirely enlightened engineering physics student built a machine which transcends the user to the Nth-dimension. Now that would be a cool movie, because it would just like Dune, but different! o-O

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I would go forward.
I guess to answer the question I would have to go the big bang. Really I would only time travel in space with a cloaked ship, can you image showing in a H.G. Wells type deal in front of some Crusaders or Genghis Khan or something, maybe if the time machine were an armored vehicle! I think at 6'1" I would standout a bit after a few hundred years too, crazy details when you start thinking about it, what if we gave someone a cold from the 21st century next thing you know we never existed. Hmm we could make the time machine an android with a VR interface for the people back at home. I should write a book about it so you all could leave the theatre saying "that was just like the Matrix".
Since we're talking phreeky physics I would rather have a machine which transcended me to the Now which would be all time existing at once. Thinking about it that there's a NIN song in there, closer to God or something.
I don't know if I were writing a sci-fi about it I would argue it like Heinlein. Calculus predicted back in the 20th century that we would have a machine like this. That is since any time equation is based in it, by definition, and any time based equation can be transformed to an alternate space. It was just a matter of time before some over eager and entirely enlightened engineering physics student built a machine which transcends the user to the Nth-dimension. Now that would be a cool movie, because it would just like Dune, but different! o-O

OR just make us be a floating consciousness in that era. We do not affect reality, but we can perceive it through vision, hearing and smell, maybe touch and taste if you can add more 'form' to the thing. That would be my kind of time traveling.

I would time travel to 12 hours into the future and have sex with myself. Just once (Err twice I guess) without feeling guilty: 'Its not sex, just masturbation!'

On a more serious note: Probably the early 20th century or back to the 80s/90s so I can see some of the older bands before they got old (Van Halen, Dio, et c).

If I could travel in time, I suppose I would figure out something more interesting.

R

Riva

I would go back to the 1970s just so that I could listen to Mary Hopkins singing 'Knock Knock who's there' at Eurovision.

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'd go back to the 20's, the classy era of gangsters, when new music was on the rise and silent film was big. There's something about the fashion and attitude that I just love.

I'd then skip forward to the late 60's, moving on into the 70's.