• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] If you could go back in time

fireandwater

MBTI Type
enfp
I would go back to several thousand years BC ancient Crete and find out if the theory that everybody used to have a supreme Goddess and treat women better in ancient times was really true.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'd choose from a few times and places:

1960s America (hell yeah, people fighting for causes passionately)
Ancient Greece
Enlightenment Europe
Heian Japan
Renaissance Europe

Really, give me a time where mankind was at the peak of pushing his intellectual limits and I'm cool with being there.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would take a copy of the Wall Street Journal with me, a bundle of money, go back to March 15, 1986, stay long enough to buy a bunch of Microsoft stock, then come back to the present.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyone ever see "Somewhere In Time"? It was on last weekend. It was a movie, I think from the 70s with Christopher Reeve. He went back in time to the early 1900s.

Thinkerninja

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE AT ALL, but I would go back in time and somehow try to stop the invention of religion. Wouldn't like the thought of WW2 and world domination, the Crusades, the Middle Ages etc. I bet we'd be so much more technologically advanced right now if religion wasn't. I'm not saying I dislike religious people or anything at all. I love people! I just dislike religion. Or more so, I dislike the conflicts religion has caused.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'd go back to 455 B.C.E then go to The Buddha and ask him for the true answers.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE AT ALL, but I would go back in time and somehow try to stop the invention of religion. Wouldn't like the thought of WW2 and world domination, the Crusades, the Middle Ages etc. I bet we'd be so much more technologically advanced right now if religion wasn't. I'm not saying I dislike religious people or anything at all. I love people! I just dislike religion. Or more so, I dislike the conflicts religion has caused.

Religion is a convenient front for underlying primal drives. Without it, people would find something else to kill each other over. To avoid war and bigotry, you'd have to get rid of fear and aggression, which we humans need to survive.

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
Ancient Egypt anyone?

Oh and the 1920s is my favorite American era.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
If I could go back in time, I'd start right at the big bang. I'd love to see how the earth was- life, pangea, the weather, everything.

I'd also like to travel to the 60s/70s era in the U.S. to take part in all of the political marches, and would totally have loved to throw soda cans at cops who tear gased/beat up protesters against the Vietnam war.

I like the vaca era idea too!

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would go back in time to previous times in my life, undo certain things I've done and said in the past. Or I would do things differently in certain scenarios. There is a person who I thought I didn't want all that much in my life and I took this person for granted until he got fed up with me, so I would go back in time, not be so rude, and realize that he could have been the one if I didn't screw things up.

I would also travel back to the 1960 so I can be an original Trekkie. It might mess up the timeline being my parents were born in the 1960s but I will be a selfish idiot. I would want to meet Leonard Nimoy and James Doohan too as well as De Kelley. I would also ask Deforrest about what it's like having a pet serval.

Greed

#1 thot
i wouldn't go back in time unless it was maybe to my childhood. i prefer the modern world.

I’d like a door to the 80’s and one to the 90’s.

As with everything, those decades had pros and cons. There was a certain lovely detachment from technology one could attain in those decades though.

Plus I was a young healthy guy! I was wearing the illusion of immortality like a comfortable jacket. Of course that attitude was partly to blame for how I arrived here. :dry:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Prehistoric times.

Lark

i wouldn't go back in time unless it was maybe to my childhood. i prefer the modern world.

I read a good short story once in which in a distant future if you commit any sort of crime you were stranded in the distant past and if you commit a crime there you were picked up and stranded even further back, until, if you didnt stop, you were stranded back with the first humans and eaten by dinosaurs.

Greed

#1 thot
I read a good short story once in which in a distant future if you commit any sort of crime you were stranded in the distant past and if you commit a crime there you were picked up and stranded even further back, until, if you didnt stop, you were stranded back with the first humans and eaten by dinosaurs.

i would probably die the first time i was transported to the past. no wilderness survival skills here!

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I’d like a door to the 80’s and one to the 90’s.

As with everything, those decades had pros and cons. There was a certain lovely detachment from technology one could attain in those decades though.

Plus I was a young healthy guy! I was wearing the illusion of immortality like a comfortable jacket. Of course that attitude was partly to blame for how I arrived here. :dry:

I think I'd go back to a summer when I was about 8 or so. Spend most of my time reading, playing pretend, and living in oblivious innocence. Sheltered from people who seek to piss on other's parades.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I would hate to live in past era at least in the long term but I would love to explore them for sure!. Hmmm I would relly love to go back to the age of dinosaurs to see all the dinos and possibly bring some back for my own Jurassic Park so I could make a park and earn money from it :p. Just think of all the money you could possibly make from being the sole time traveller in the world.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
18th century libertinism in France.
Exhibiting one nipple was pure sexual obscenity.
Seems fun.