• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] When INFJs together

binka

MBTI Type
INFJ
I guess when I met this person I didn't notice he is also a INFJ.
After we discovered we are the same type everything went madly great.
We talked about everything, and we both understand each other 100%.
Sharing the same feeling and thinking.

Yet, we only met up twice, and we are different counties, we have been talking online for 6months.

So I like to ask some advice:

Is there any INFJs meet up in real life? And have/had romantic relationship?
How is the romantic relationship goes?
What is the defect in this relationship?

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In theory, I think the defect in the relationship would be the two INFJs, if they stand strongly for or against a certain issue, and if the two parties had opposing opinions on the issue, it would make for heated arguments. But the good thing is, both would help each other to come to a compromise with the issue at hand.

Because INFJs tend to have an intuitive connection to people, if either person in the relationship were sad, they will sense this, and it would hurt both. It is important for INFJs in a relationship with each other to encourage the other one to speak up about their feelings. So I think that it would be successful if one of the INFJs in the relationship is slightly more extroverted than the other.

INFJs together could be a potential "power couple" where they work together towards a common goal.

That's my thoughts on this. I haven't personally experienced this, but I infer this is what could happen.

ralleycat

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I think maybe infj's have a habit to be uncommunicative and distant and unassertive, which is alright if you're with someone who can bring you out of your shell, but with two infj's it might be difficult to do that.

binka

MBTI Type
INFJ
Nice,
Thank you so much that I think we both realize this and we are kind of have this training in the moment, to open up the deep feelings to each other, which could be good thing to do, also I don't know how long is this going to last, because for my own experience, I choose to open my mind sometimes, and then close it.

Could be a problem.
So far, everything is good.

What about this part:
INFJ might hide the wrong feelings or only seeing the good thing.....

???

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I think INFJs have a tendancy to hide what they feel could hurt other people or what they feel bad about in themselves until they are absolutely sure they could reveal it without bad repercussions. Left unchecked, this can lead to inappropriate secrecy, even if they didn't start out with that intention. Times it by two and over the long term I think that could do serious damage.

binka

MBTI Type
INFJ
What about INFJs open to each other?
Is there any possibility to become a good relationship?

ralleycat

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Depends how balanced they are. I know that I can be extraverted if the situation requires it and I've developed my logical side - my problem is opening up (but I'm working on it).
Depending on how balanced they are and provided they're open enough there shouldn't be a problem really :)

binka

MBTI Type
INFJ
Thx, I'm also working on it, I have to say, open myself to an other INFJ is a great Journey to go, because normally I felt people around me don't understand me, and with him, it's so much easier to talk, and being understood. The best thing is we are thinking in pretty much the same way, and looking for same thing.

I had unsuccessful relationships before which scared me, and stops me be close to other person in my mind.
I wish I be able to cure my problems.
And with INFJ , seen to be a good opportunity.

ralleycat

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I think that's one of the good things about NF relationships...

It makes things feel a lot more secure, which might be boring for some but for an infj is a god-send

eternal recurrence

MBTI Type
iNfj
You're right it is madness. Potentially amazing madness.

I side with the 'power couple' comment. I'm with an I N (T/F) J now and it is amazing to feel the potential we have if we decide on an issue we want to approach together.
Haven't solved the worlds problems yet, but we have decided to give it a hilarious go.
At first I found his idealism so ridiculous and naive because mine has been suppressed, but he drew it back out in me. Now we are just a naive and very strange couple who has entertaining conversations about the most complicated issues in life.

But maybe I lucked out here because our central values in life are similar ...

Issues with emotional openness are there, but they are usually overcome because we both value honesty above all and have an idea of what is necessary to do to form/maintain a relationship long-term. actually, we are a bit scientific about it... that is, analytic about how love should be. paradox?

Also, the first month was frighteningly hilarious because our minds just pinpointed every possible problem we could have even when they were not there - it was like a month of negotiating/analyzing the potential of the relationship. We are a bit intense sometimes so we have to remind ourselves to play marbles and tag and jump in a lake...