• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What NF's look for in a potential mate

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I forgot to post this.

Physical: Man, I love redheads. Blue or green eyes are awesome, but not a must. Average height, I guess.

Emotional: Not overly emotional, but maybe on the same page as me. It would be awesome is she knew how to talk me off the ledge, so to speak. I need someone that can calmly bring me back to reality when I'm feeling distant.

Mental: Smart girls are awesome. I like it when someone makes me think, maybe more than usual. It would be nice if she were aware of her state of being and knows who she is completely.

Man, I feel like I'm posting a wanted ad, lol.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Damn, my Se realism RADAR is telling me you guys demand too much. And besides what are all the ESTJ's doing around here participating in this thread, INFACT WHAT AM I DOING HERE. ARGGHHH.

[Objectivity clash]

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
They call 'em "idealists" for a reason :D

I guess so, but i thought the idealism was more moral/value oriented, rather then projecting towards demand.

Meanwhile im at it i may present my humble requirements: She must be understanding, above average intelligence, Intreseting, an opposite of mine. Attributes you can find in most NF females. The hard part is finding them.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't think i like the term mate...it makes me feel like a monkey.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I don't know Erina, I think monkeys are pretty ENFPish. :)

You NF's DO sound quite demanding though. :shock:

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
i don't think i like the term mate...it makes me feel like a monkey.

Well essentially, you are biologically a monkey, humans are a part of the hominid family. Heck we we're even genetically within the same diaspora as the Gorillas(suggesting that we could breed with them during that time) until we verged off a few thousand years ago.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it feels very unsophisticated. i don't like it.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
it feels very unsophisticated. i don't like it.

Oh shat ap ya hairless, conciousously sophisticated, overevolved primate.:laugh:

Imagine how a gorilla would express their distaste for humans

"Oy jonas, look at those ridcules, pathetic, weak , hairless colored aliens, they look like overgrown fetuses, i can't believe we are related to those freaks".

Though to be fair, some humans are less sophisticated then monkeys(George bush f.ex) who are quite developed in the animalia kingdom. Atleast monkeys are capable in doing what they are instinctively lead to do.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no mates for me thanks. :p

Cronkle

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm taking this literally; however, when I'm looking for someone to mate with it's the initial POW of their style, looks, personality, & vibe that draws me towards them. But, for longer term relationships, they have to be able to be honest, sweet, kind, loving, sensual, mature, intelligent, romantic, passionate, & stable.

G

garbage

I'm taking this literally; however, when I'm looking for someone to mate with it's the initial POW of their style, looks, personality, & vibe that draws me towards them. But, for longer term relationships, they have to be able to be honest, sweet, kind, loving, sensual, mature, intelligent, romantic, passionate, & stable.

Pretty much this for me.

I've run into a lot of "intriguing" girls, but very few with such a stunning initial "vibe" as the one you describe. Those I'm so strongly attracted to, however, do tend to be the honest, sweet, and kind ones later on.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I want someone who I find HAWT. Notice I said 'I find'. I'm not looking for a super model, just someone whom I desire physically. Generally that means thin, with long(ish) brown or black hair, but it's a package deal. It's really about the face more than anything for me. Everything else is negotiable. She must be warm and kind and very open and accepting of others too. Catty women should take note of the water dish and food bowl outside the backdoor...
And if she has an art, so much the better. I also like women who are not 'polished'; I need some rough edges...
Creativity is VERY disireable to me. I want someone with opinions and intelligence.

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
Physical: Usually it does not matter. But if I don't find myself attracted to his look, then.... that might be a problem :p

Emotional: I would love to have someone who is not afraid to show his emotions when needed as a mate. But not someone who is "too" emotional. Again, I'm allergic to "extremes."

Mental: Of course that he has to be on the same or higher level compared to mine. Most importantly we should hold similar values. I don't think we could last long if our values are on different pages. Further, I would love his showing me different perspectives from my own, it would make me feel more complete living in this world :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is what I look for in a guy:

- Physically attractive to me is a must. It usually means not fat or bony skinny; tall enough for me to wear heels & not tower over him; nice facial features, especially bone structure and eyes; and a good sense of style, but not overdone. Really nice legs and blond hair or light brown curly hair is a bonus.
- Intelligence is very important (but he doesn't have to be "book smart" like me). Good vocabulary & grammar is also nice :D
- Good music taste (determined by me :p) & cultured. Appreciates art, different foods, & intellectual things.
- Sense of humor; a combo of witty, playful, silly. Can grasp my subtle, sardonic side and also think my cheesy side is cute.
- Kind, compassionate, thoughtful, considerate and responsible.
- Spiritual, especially if his beliefs coincide with mine.
- Has deep feelings and is loyal, but not dependent or emotionally weak

I'm sure I'm missing something....

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Physical: quite important for me, sadly. I must be savagely attracted. However, the girls I fall hardest for are rarely conventionally pretty. It usually takes a while for me to realize that I find them attractive. My first reaction to their appearances tends to be "Hmm, she has a strange look. Definitely not ugly but... What is it about her appearance? Intriguing..."

Emotional: I tend to fall for girls who are coming out of a dark place rather than girls who are going into one. Girls who have never been into a dark place are fascinating but I tend to leave them alone as much as possible. It's stupid, but I guess I don't want to be the one to "taint" them.

Mental: I guess the same as anyone. Smart enough to be interesting, not so smart that she doesn't find me interesting. It's a fine line. Offbeat sense of humour definitely desirable. Preferably an understated, intelligent offbeat sense of humour (as opposed to the "zany, wacky" offbeat sense of humour). Must definitely laugh at my jokes or at least laugh at me as I tell my jokes.

I don't get to choose my gf..It has never been that way for me. Anyone I select as a gf hasn't worked out. I don't want to say I'm cursed but I sure wonder. I am an ENTP male. INFJ is my exact typematch. Let's hope. Thanks..

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Physical: She simply has to take pride in how she looks and wants to take care of herself. Though I have to say that I have an innate fear of girls with red hair. I swear it is the hottest thing ever and I know for a fact that I will fall for some red haired she-devil who will make me her man-slave for eternity.

Emotional: Someone who is able to understand the emotions felt by others and act accordingly. Not just to me but to show a level of compassion for everyone that she interacts with.

Mental: Someone who wants to be constantly infused with new ideas and learn from them.

janey_girl

MBTI Type
INtJ
Physically - it's in the eyes, that cheeky sparkle, something alive and deep beyond what I can see... I like height (I'm tall myself and shorter men don't really appeal).
Emotionally - Available, even if not all the time. I would rather have complexity and uneven emotions than him being a cold fish... If he can tell me he gets scared I know he's deep enough.
Mentally - I need to banter, talk about anything on a whim - open up any subject and disect it. I need a puzzle, someone bright, sharp, funny who can stimulate....

I'd sacrifice looks over someone I can talk to... BUT they must be physically attractive to me, I once loved with all my heart a guy who was short, fat, bald - his eyes and his voice captivated me so much that sometimes I still hear his voice in my head when I feel really sad and blue....