• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Does anyone here have trouble remembering names?

sleepy

I do. Generally just use pronouns, unless they are very close. This applies to other things also, not only people.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
221d1234589820-raise-your-hand-if-you-miss-scouser-classroomgirlhandraised.jpg

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I remember well by face. Not names.

G

garbage

Yes.

To generalize, I have trouble remembering anything.

The old trick of remembering (or making significant) the first letter of a person's name seems to work, in that it narrows down what the person's name could be.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can remember most nicknames of people I know fairly well, but sometimes I forget their real names (if I know them at all).
In general I'd say that I don't have much trouble, but it's not a terribly long list of names I have to remember anyway.

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
I realized that it's mostly because I flat out don't pay any attention when people tell me their names, rather than because I forget.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I realized that it's mostly because I flat out don't pay any attention when people tell me their names, rather than because I forget.

Lol yep. Or I forget to ask in the first place. Whoops...

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
yes and my NF bro also has a terrible time with names too summit about N's I suspect

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

:laugh: Ha, yes. And the asking thing, too (what Teslashock said). But if I'm unattentive anyway, why should I care?

Lemonade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
If their names are important to remember, then no.
Unless the person has left a memorable impression, things like names seem to not get filed away in memory.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, I'm terrible with names, but I remember faces. I particularly find it vexing when it's someone who I think is nice, or I say "hi" to on a daily basis, cuz then I feel guilty for not knowing their name!

I've had people get mad at me for it, like co-workers and such.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Haha not just names, you'll be lucky if I remember your face too. :laugh:

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I will remember a face forever, but a name with said face... Not so well.

stardancer

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have a hard time remembering names because most of the time I really don't care what the person's name is and am barely paying attention when they tell me. I am usually too busy making an assessment of their wardrobe, or thinking about everything else I could be doing at that moment. I fear that might qualify me as being a jerk, but whatever...lol. I do make a concentrated effort to remember a name though if it is important, such as in a work situation.

Jaguar

I should win an award for forgetting names.
Someone can introduce themselves and I forget their name in minutes.
It's actually embarrassing since no one forgets my name.

"Great meeting you, Jag!"
"You too." (Whatever your name is. Hell if I know.) :D

But I never forget a face.