• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs: Do you like ENFPs?

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
This might sound stupid, but I don't know any ENFPs irl. Not a single one. So I'm curious what other ENFPs think of ENFPs. Do you like other ENFPs, or does it clash?

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
i feel like i would like them. i only knew one and he and i got along famously. it was ridiculous and intense.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes i think they are amazing!

lamp

Overall I see us getting along very well, though I could see minor disagreements over silly elitist shit and stepping on each other's toes. (I dont know any)

sculpting

back and forth, but once we get past the issues it can be quite productive.

I know several in at work. I like the ones who use a lot of Te.

A couple of issues:
1) our own Fi value set will differ so we can get fucking wacked out crazy and offend one another. Usually only see this under a lot of stress.

2) Our Te standards are incredibly high for ourselves-we can be guilty at times of apply our need to drive towards and endless goal and unreachable standards to others-why arent they trying ie working-as hard as I work.

stardancer

MBTI Type
ENFP
I like other female enfp's but for some reason most male enfp's drive me crazy!

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
My step dad is an ENFP, he is a very very very lovable man.
My mother. ISTJ. Is lucky to have him, and their cat prefers him too...

tastes_like_purple

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
No i don't get along with other ENFPs.:laugh: They annoy me so much:steam:
I prefer people who aren't like me at all. I need someone more grounded and stable than me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i know a few and love them to pieces. :wubbie:

Waffle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My best friends are an INFP and ENFP.
I find it hard to function for long periods of time around my ENFP friend. We both butt heads for the spotlight, and his bubblier (More than mine) nature gets on my nerves after awhile.
I found INFPs make really good friends for me. They can sense what's going on but don't mind if you take control, but they still can be very outspoken.

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
No i don't get along with other ENFPs.:laugh: They annoy me so much:steam:
I prefer people who aren't like me at all. I need someone more grounded and stable than me.

maybe you are annoying then, that is what you just said.
This is going on autopilot and I know where its headed. One person is going to say, yes, I love ENFPs then the next is going to say, ohh I hate them I hate myself. then someone else will say well balanced ones are good... blabla...and then some other type with come in with some other perspective and sum it all up for us...
what is the point of this?

This isn't logical thinking. It's actually a waste of time. Everyone is an Individual, even within the ENFP type. Which is just a category to describe personality traits that people seem to have in common, it is not a religion. Do people factor in sociology or upbringing, lifestyle, country, gender, orientation, life experience, maturity? I think some people think all ENFP's are all just crazy and annoying by default. According to the Jung stereotype, yes that description on similarminds is very unlikable and extremely adolescent, attention seeking, hyper and immature, out of touch...ohh who cares, you can probably predict what I am going to say anyways because you are ENFP right...

I think any of the personalities taken to the extreme, I dislike

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
I don't like people who don't like me. And if that includes an ENFP like the ignoramus above who thinks I am annoying because he/she is unstable than so be it. ;)
I've got love and respect for the rest of you on here and what you contribute to the boards, and have learned a lot of things, who are of course, typed as ENFPs.

I just hate it when people generalize and say they hate their own type. Is anyone with me on that one? It is one of my triggers. Life is hard enough without your own kind beatin' ya down.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like other ENFPs but it's not perfect. One of my sisters is an ENFP like I am (the other two are ENFJ and ISFJ) and our mom sees how much she and I are alike. She attributes many of the same positives and negatives to both of us. I see it too. We're both flirtatious attention whores with a flair for the dramatic and prone to bouts of Te rage between snuggles, hugs, and cat collecting. We're both also "book smart" but have made rather eccentric and unusual choices in our real lives, making us seem in some ways like we lack common sense. We're both spiritual in a bizarre, nature-oriented, non-religious way and pretty much vote the same way with politics.

However, I think I'm slightly more introverted than she is, and she leans slightly more toward sensor. Furthermore, our life choices have been totally different, so even though our basic natures are similar, we look totally different on the outside. We either get along great and really understand each other or fight really badly. The two of us are more likely to have a confrontation than my other sisters.

I think I've also had some ENFP friends and it's a similar dynamic where we get along great, but if we don't get along, it's kind of nasty.

thescientist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I don't like people who don't like me. And if that includes an ENFP like the ignoramus above who thinks I am annoying because he/she is unstable than so be it. ;)
I've got love and respect for the rest of you on here and what you contribute to the boards, and have learned a lot of things, who are of course, typed as ENFPs.

I just hate it when people generalize and say they hate their own type. Is anyone with me on that one? It is one of my triggers. Life is hard enough without your own kind beatin' ya down.

Taking it a bit personal? Maybe that's why other ENFP's find some ENFP's annoying. :huh:

Although every ENFP is an individual, they share certain characteristics that allow them to identify with each other. Some will like their own type, some will get exhausted by them, and some will find them just plain annoying. No one is beating your type down.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Taking it a bit personal? Maybe that's why other ENFP's find some ENFP's annoying. :huh:

This is correct. My ENFJ sister loves to point out how my ENFP sister and I take shit our ESFP mother says way too seriously, that we take things too personally. Watching the three of us ExFPs have a family argument is an event not to be missed.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
marmalades post~

funny coulda almost written that ^^ i also have an enfp sister...i adore her but don't feel that similar to her...i do...certainly more than my other sisters but she seems more extraverted and more dramatic...more confrontational...more sensitive...more crass but usually very funny and always well liked.

the other enfps i know seem just as different in other ways but i guess we share a lot of the same outlooks and motivations...just our basic personality or expression of that looks quite different.

love them tho :)

G

garbage

ENFPs are a mixed bag when you first meet them, but usually great when you get to know them.

I've had two I was interested in dating at one point or another, and they were total flakes.. one didn't know what she wanted in life, and the other kept breaking up and getting back with her ex :doh:

My best friend is a ENFP chick. We started sharing deep conversation within hours of meeting each other. As we've known each other, she settled down over time, where I grew out of my shell, so now we're about even. We faced about the same sorts of issues at the same time. I've gotten over my anxiety, and she hasn't yet.

Oh, and my first psychologist was an ENFP dude--he was the one who introduced me to MBTI in the first place, and he told me his type. He was more analytical than I'd ever peg an ENFP to be.. until I really entertained the possibility that I was also ENFP. The dudes really seem to be a different breed in a lot of ways.

Heart&Brain

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't think I've been very close to another ENFP, but I know a few (unconfirmed) and it's always a ball of enthusiasm that will end in a "no-no-no don't interrupt me when I'm interrupting you" kind of verbal traffic jam... :cheese:

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I only know one. But we can mentally explore the universe together. And yet for all the talking we can do, we understand each other without words. It's amazing really.

sculpting

I do have to say-I forgot to mention this before.

When you need someone who understands exactly what you are feeling, when times are rough, and "just gets it", then you should find another ENFP.

There is no need to explain or justify, just by looking in your eyes, and returning the look, you feel better.

INTJs can do this too, and even the ISTJs as well. ESFPs will as well. I love my ENTP best friend because she challenges me to understand myself, but for the odd emo moments, it is outside of her scope. She cares, but isnt always what I really need.