• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP's, be honest.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
1. Do you think you're sometimes more selfish, mean, and less lovey-dovey than what people think us to be?
The opposite. i think I'm more of a light and lovey-dovey person than people's first impression of me. :mellow:

2. Do you infact have a pretty dark side, which find a lot of people and things shallow, and unlikeable, and you'd like to stick pins in their eyes? But you wouldn't actually do it, because you are pretty nice realllyyy?
I can be quite critical but it's not a side that I actively cultivate. :mellow::mellow:
I don't think anyone has ever upset me enough to go to that extreme.

3. Do you feel frustrated towards people that don't care about things that really matter? Do you get frustrated at those that seems to only care about sports, clothes, and their hair?
What "really matters"?

4. Do you often feel lonely?
Sometimes I do. Other times I feel too crowded. Back and forth. Back and forth.

5. Do you get random ideas in the middle of the night, and you get so exicted thinking about doing it tomorrow, but then tomorrow comes and you're not excited about it anymore, thus don't do it?
Uh, this is sort of my day to day life? Not limited to just night time, mind.

6. Do you consider yourself unique?

Indeed. Very snowflake. Also fragile. Extra snowflake.

7. Do you literally feel other people's pain?
lol wut. Does mutual embarrassment count?

8. Are you a bit (or a lot) of a music snob?
Used to. Not anymore.

9. Have you had people you've never met before tell you their life-story?
If they did, i can't remember. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. Do you think the world would be a bit better with more INFP's?!
It is impossible for me to predict how a greater presence of INFPs will affect the delicate balance of the universe. :mellow:

you can't change your type just to answer questionaires god! ok you can but if everyone did it we'd all be running around confused and crashing cars into mail boxes and shit, oh wait...... that already happens carry on

Rune

MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
1. Do you think you're sometimes more selfish, mean, and less lovey-dovey than what people think us to be?
I do definitely have meanness within me, and I am quite capable of showing that side of myself.
I'm a selfish person.. but who isn't, honestly?
I'm just more honest about my selfishness.
Less lovey-dovey?
Well, I'm a HSP, and I bond to people a little too easily. ='(
but I like love in all forms..
friendship, family, ect..
and I just want someone to grow with..
other than that, I'm a very strong romantic at heart..
but I am in a relationship with a non-romantic person, if that's saying anything..
It's really hard though.. and I never thought there were unromantic people in the world.
I feel sad as a result.

2. Do you infact have a pretty dark side, which find a lot of people and things shallow, and unlikeable, and you'd like to stick pins in their eyes? But you wouldn't actually do it, because you are pretty nice realllyyy?
I have a dark side, but it's not pretty.
I get frustrated with shallowness, where people obsess over superficial details.. but I can also be sort of OCD myself at times..
I'm generally unlikable. That's just me.
Not anymore. =/

3. Do you feel frustrated towards people that don't care about things that really matter? Do you get frustrated at those that seems to only care about sports, clothes, and their hair?
I don't talk to people that only care about that stuff.
Maybe I should. -_-;;

Loneliness is precious to me.. I want to be lonely more often..
and then I don't, and I knew I wouldn't want to feel lonely, but that feeling's just always there, and I'm glad, and then I'm sad again.. so whatever, right?

5. Do you get random ideas in the middle of the night, and you get so exicted thinking about doing it tomorrow, but then tomorrow comes and you're not excited about it anymore, thus don't do it?
For a while I was the kind of person that would push to do something because I had been let down so many times.
I don't push people to do things for me anymore.

I do get excited and then forget that I was going to do something or move onto another hobby after I came up with all kinds of plans and stuff..

Hard to say sometimes.
I mean.. If I said all the stuff I was thinking about, people would be overwhelmed and upset and stuff.. and avoid me.. and say mean stuff to me.
but I know there are people that are INFPs like me out there.. but they won't know all of the same things I know or have the same experiences I have had or love the same people I have loved..
so there's that.
I don't call myself a special snowflake, though. I always love the fact that I'm not the only INFP in the world.. and that there's that descriptive-y bunch of letters that can represent my feelings and what I stand for so accurately.

I have a hard enough time feeling my own pain right now.. I'm very numb in comparison to the way that I usually am.. but then again, I have two people I'm very close to but have never met that I feel like I empathically understand.. strange that I am more connected to those people than the people around me..

What does that even mean?
Well.. I do cringe when people sing badly..
I want to encourage people to sing so badly, and then they sing, and my hopes are kind of dashed a little bit right then and there..
I just want them to practice a lot more, though, but at that point I just don't hold any sort of expectations for them.

I know when I don't like something pretty well.
If someone plays the drums poorly, I won't say anything, but ... I'll just tolerate the painful experience.. but it's not like I could do any better. xD

I've had people ask me for advice on relationships and I've had one girl tell me a bunch of really sad stuff out of nowhere after I had just met her, but I'm not very good at giving advice.. and so all I can really do is listen..
I guess maybe NFPs might do this but they're speaking my language or something so I don't even notice? =o

I think there are plenty of INFPs as it is.. As few of us as there are we hardly ever speak to each other, so what is up with that? Is that what things would be like if there were more INFPs?
but I do think more people would "get" me. That might be nice.
but also boring.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Sure, I am one selfish bitch. But sometimes I think the opposite too.

yesyesyesyesyesyesyes

No, I don't mind. They're just another kind of person for me to figure out and have fun with.

I do, but not always in a bad way. Does that make sense?

Pfft, yeah.

I'd like to think I am.

Sometimes.

OHHH YEAH. Couple of years ago I would brag about my music taste to like everyone, God I was a cunt. But I'm more open minded now; I don't brag and I'm able to appreciate a lot of mainstream too.

No, but I'd like that.

I want to say yes, but no.

infpetals

MBTI Type
INFP
I think I can be selfish sometimes, but not in an overt, purposeful way. And it's usually only with people very close to me (boyfriend, parent, etc) as opposed to a friend or even stranger. For example, my boyfriend almost always cooks for us at home, and I usually don't even think about starting to cook a meal for us; it's always up to him to start. same with cleaning...I wonder if this is just my Ne being way too day dreamy to want to focus on mundane tasks like cleaning:/

In that sense of dark, yes i do tend to find alot of people shallow, especially with how they present themselves on social media. For instance there's something extra annoying about people who post photos of a certain celebrity all the time just to hear some people tell them how they look like them. It's a shallow-fishing-for-compliments thing I see right through.

Oh man yes. When i notice someone who *only* ever talks about their headache or their makeup, or how they glorify goals like stacks of money and a BMW, there's instantly a complete disconnect and unfortunately right away I will think of the other person as not very bright:/ That is kinda something I wish I wouldn't think right away, I'm trying to work on that. I would never show it, that wouldn't be my place. I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings, and what's more; Everyone is different, I think we all have our own place in the world.

Not really.

Sorta yea, and it's like the more I think about how much work is involved or how I will have to interact with people I don't really know I get less excited.

Yes.
haha, is this typical?

With literal pain, I will usually instantly imagine what it actually feels like and get shivers, so yes. Emotional pain I think I can empathize with as well; when I see someone I care about crying I can't help but cry or get teary eyed.

A bit I suppose..If Taylor Swift and Kesha are your number ones, I will judge you. If your guilty pleasure is TSwift, but you otherwise listen to pretty good stuff I won't care.

Yes haha. Why this question I wonder

Probably a bit more, but I dont think it would be good to be too out of balance. We need those who don't procrastinate as much! But definitely we need more people that legitimately care about other people, the environment, etc.

PotatoPeeler68

MBTI Type
INFP
1. Yes, I often am selfish, especially when it comes to things that I desire, which really causes a lot of problems in my relationships.

2. I do sometimes get annoyed by those that are just really frustrating. But then I try to remember that the world isn't perfect.

3. Those that are really frustrating (the ones I just talked about) they are the ones that care about things that don't matter.

4. Yes, I often feel lonely, especially since my INFJ friend doesn't always talk to me, and it makes feel unloved, even though she said that she still would like to be friends. It confuses me big time!

5. I always get random ideas!! I love it when they come to fruition, but it's sometimes hard with so much stuff to do. I can relate to this well.

6. Yes, I do believe I'm unique, in nearly every respect. I don't know any other INFP's, so I feel like no one understands me :(

7. I love to feel other's pain! And I try to help them if I feel like talking to people; otherwise, I just feel a deep pain.

8. I do get pretty particular about music.

9. I wish people would tell me their life story!! Most people don't really talk to me, so unless they're talking to group, I don't hear life stories. (Except for my INFJ friend, which is why it confuses me so much why she won't talk to me!!!)

10. I wish everyone was INFP, or at least more so we can have study groups or something :)