• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP+INTJ=Disasterous Combo o' love

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
Depression, apathy, i.e. a lack of motivation to do ANYTHING!!!

That is why when some depressives get on anti-depressants they finally get the motivation to off themselves. :/

As a Feeler, and a Thinker, but I don't give a fuck y'all I will totally own the fact that I am at my BEST when I am Feeling right about myself, right about life, well, in other words, how I feel takes precedence of how great I think.

Grrrr, how to better explain.

I know I am a smart cookie, cool beans, and all, and I do need to be/feel ;) intellectually stimulated to a degree to be/feel happy, but I much rather be emotionally happy/content/elated/excited/silly/open/expressive, in other words feel a broader and more consistent range of POSITIVE emotions than think, think, think, think, think, think, think.

I do not like thinking for the sake of intellectual masturbation, I do like thinking for the sake of intellectual growth, but growth that would affect my emotional self.

If I am not emotionally invested in some argument, for me, it won't be worth it to engage.

I will try my hardest to see the Truth, or the Reality of what's going on behind my Fi stance, and believe me, I have made plenty of concessions in my life, and sighed, happily, excitedly, hmm, haven't *thought* about it that way, but I HATE HATE HATE

HATE!!!

Arguing for the sake of arguing.

We, or I argue for the sake of revealing the truest Truth, and for all parties involved, hopefully, to come to a clearer understanding, but like I said, I prefer arguments which involve some moral imperative at its core.

Hmm, what was my point.

Oh, yeah!!!

Some days, well, some bad days, or bad months or moments, I really wish I could be like the rational :mellow: blokes and blokettes I observe from a distance, granted, they don't seem particularly happy, but neither do they seem particularly down in the I-wish-I-were-dead dumps either.

Their mood(s) seem rather stable, never too happy, never too sad.

But, really, in the scheme of things, I do love being me, crazy, hyper-sensitive, emotional me.

It paints my world so vividly.

:yes:

Not to say that Thinkers lead bland lives. ;)

But sometimes I wonder if introverted thinkers do.

we probably do until we find our passion i found mine:D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:sad:

Some people rather believe in someone's, anyone's, derived, or should I say contrived "truth" than sit with themselves in their own doubt, because doubt and fear of the unknown makes many of us feel uncomfortable. :/

This is so sad, to me.

Our desire to believe in something trumping the quality of that which we believe.

You need a "different" ISTP to make your dreams become reality ;)

This is one of the stages that I watch for in NFPs. When they hit this stage is when I try my hardest to tread lightly with what I say so as to not affect their truths.

Se picks this up in a similiar fashion that I picked up onemoretime walking that tightrope. Its like night and day difference.

Qre:us

When you are in a position where people do believe you, they dont need any motivation, they simply believe.

Of course there is motivation, you just stated it, the motivation is you - appeal to authority.

I put myself in this position a whole lot because I hold the impression with people around me IRL that there is nothing I cant figure out. People arnt motivated to believe me, they trust me from experience and because I hold that trust I do not feel right leading them astray purposely.

??? You're contradicting yourself.

People aren't motivated to believe you, then what makes them trust you? Trust must be motivated by something....in this case, their past interaction with you, what they know of you. Secondly, trust itself is a motivation, as I said previously in response to the "gullible person" post of yours.

I could just tell someone something and a year down the road something comes up and they remember what I said and act on it. How did I know they were gonna act on it? Because I know they trust me and have never given them a reason to in the past. No vulnerability or emotion that I can tell.

Motivation is intrinsically linked to emotion.

Emotion is a psychological experience.

Motivation is a goal-oriented behaviour.

In humans, most goal-oriented behaviour taps into a psychological experience to bring it to fruition. This is why self-control (understood as part of emotional intelligence) is a primary navigator of motivation.

This is not me talking, this is literature in psychology.

I really don't understand your implied definitions of the words, "motivation" or "emotion", it doesn't square with what I've learned of those words to mean anywhere in any literature of psychology??

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
This is one of the stages that I watch for in NFPs. When they hit this stage is when I try my hardest to tread lightly with what I say so as to not affect their truths.
Elaborate, please.

Interestingly enough, I owe a lot to my ISTP ex for helping me get out of my existential depression.

He would always tell me, "Nicole, you have one life to live and then you're gonna fucking die, fact, so the choice is up to you, do you want to continue to wallow in your misery, and hence continue to live a miserable life?!?"

To which I'd respond...

:boohoo:

*sniffle sniffle*

"I guess, you're kinda right"

"Carpe diem, let's go out for a hike!"

:D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Of course there is motivation, you just stated it, the motivation is you - appeal to authority.

??? You're contradicting yourself.

People aren't motivated to believe you, then what makes them trust you? Trust must be motivated by something....in this case, their past interaction with you, what they know of you.

Motivation is intrinsically linked to emotion.

Emotion is a psychological experience.

Motivation is a goal-oriented behaviour.

In humans, most goal-oriented behaviour taps into a psychological experience to bring it to fruition. This is why self-control (understood as part of emotional intelligence) is a primary navigator of motivation.

This is not me talking, this is literature in psychology.

I really don't understand your implied definitions of the words, "motivation" or "emotion", it doesn't square with what I've learned of those words to mean anywhere in any literature of psychology??

I know I contradicted myself by sensing my thought pattern, hence the reason I gave up arguing.

I am simply content with the fact that you can effect brainwash both by thought and emotion. To me brainwash is an act so the act itself can go in through thought or emotion.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Elaborate, please.

Interestingly enough, I owe a lot to my ISTP ex for helping me get out of my existential depression.

He would always tell me, "Nicole, you have one life to live and then you're gonna fucking die, fact, so the choice is up to you, do you want to continue to wallow in your misery, and hence continue to live a miserable life?!?"

To which I'd respond...

:boohoo:

*sniffle sniffle*

"I guess, you're kinda right"

"Carpe diem, let's go out for a hike!"

:D

Told ya we PeTi'ers get the cosmic joke :D

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
And if everyone has the same perception and it is false than what exists as the true perception?

Fuck a True perception, rather what's more pertinent is an accurate, or the most accurate perception of the Truth.

Reality and as we humans like to refer to it, Truth exists beyond us, and our feeble perceptions.

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it."

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
We are constantly grasping for and unraveling Truth.

Though Truth is constant, unwavering.

The search and acquisition of Truth will be a never-ending, hopefully uphill battle/process.

:cheers:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No.

Fixed. And, yes.

The emotion may be delayed so the act of brainwashing is going through thought or the thought may be delayed and the act of brainwashing goes in through emotion. Gotta bring in that third dimension of time.

Now I am just arguing to argue:D Ignore me if you like.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Random thought of the day.

Wearing cashmere sans deodorant makes my armpits smell funkay!

kk

:smooch:

Qre:us

The emotion may be delayed so the act of brainwashing is going through thought or the thought may be delayed and the act of brainwashing goes in through emotion. Gotta bring in that third dimension of time.

Brainwashing is a process. Brainwashed is a conclusive result.

Brainwashing may go through either thought or emotion first, as part of its cycle. The other will come as second part of the cycle. However, whatever the time it takes, once the final conclusion of being brainwashed is reached, that person's thoughts and emotions have been thoroughly put in the spin cycle. Mixing colours with whites.

The stopwatch is stopped once brainwashing is complete. Thus, the variable of time is not directly relevant to the final commentary about whether thoughts and emotions were utilized for brainwashing to have achieved brainwashed.

Now I am just arguing to argue:D Ignore me if you like.

lol, fair enough.

Some people rather believe in someone's, anyone's, derived, or should I say contrived "truth" than sit with themselves in their own doubt, because doubt and fear of the unknown makes many of us feel uncomfortable. :/

This is so sad, to me.

Our desire to believe in something trumping the quality of that which we believe.

Missed this. And, I agree. Discernment is not always a ready faculty for all.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Regarding truth.

This might sound cheesy, and highly F-ish, but when I'm listening to some awesome music, and I let my *mind go* and I just dance to the beat within me, throughout me, I feel a sense of oneness with the universe.

Harmony and rhythm, baby.

That's where it's at.

:wub:

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We are constantly grasping for and unraveling Truth.

Though Truth is constant, unwavering.

The search and acquisition of Truth will be a never-ending, hopefully uphill battle/process.

:cheers:

What's interesting here is how this Fi perspective parallels Ti.

The only difference is that Ti is concerned with an objective truth, not a spritual Truth. A Ti dom feels the need to figure it all out for oneself, not really giving a damn what anyone else thinks. Te, on the other hand uses what everyone else thinks as a starting point. And Fe uses what everyone else feels as a starting point. (Not that the latter two don't process things with an independent spirit, necessarily, but that there is no need to "own" the thinkings or feelings.)

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
maybe the truth is looking for us and we're scaring it away

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Regarding truth.

This might sound cheesy, and highly F-ish, but when I'm listening to some awesome music, and I let my *mind go* and I just dance to the beat within me, throughout me, I feel a sense of oneness with the universe.

Harmony and rhythm, baby.

That's where it's at.

:wub:

I totally relate. :headphne:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think some of us are scared of the truth, hence the whole sayin' "ignorance is bliss"

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Brainwashing is a process. Brainwashed is a conclusive result.

Brainwashing may go through either thought or emotion first, as part of its cycle. The other will come as second part of the cycle. However, whatever the time it takes, once the final conclusion of being brainwashed is reached, that person's thoughts and emotions have been thoroughly put in the spin cycle. Mixing colours with whites.

The stopwatch is stopped once brainwashing is complete. Thus, the variable of time is not directly relevant to the final commentary about whether thoughts and emotions were utilized for brainwashing to have achieved brainwashed.

lol, fair enough.

gotcha, I understand. From your first impression of the argument you seemed to dismiss the thought part and pin it mostly as emotional then slide over part way through to both.

So...ok, nevermind, now I would be really derailing it, but you did get me interested again:D