• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP+INTJ=Disasterous Combo o' love

sculpting

But what's to say you truly see that picture without seeing its elements?

The combinations, my dear. The reactions you create with the techniques you throw together. The knowledge that the person on the receiving end is engulfed in waves of pleasure. The satisfaction that you can give someone that sort of pleasure. The secret part of her body that no one but you knows will drive her wild.

You've heard of the concept of mathematical beauty, right? Such a thing may seem counterintuitive, but then again, what is music at its essence but a series of mathematical relationships, anyway? "Truth is beauty, beauty truth"; and then you have something like this:

Maxwell%20eqns%20low%20res.jpg

Seems like a bunch of letters on a page, right? However, the beauty of it comes from its simplicity, and the implications. What are they?

They couldn't be more profound. Simply put, if there is a god, when he said "let there be light", that's exactly how he said it.

There is unfathomable beauty in analysis.

That's some Ti going on there. Beautiful to observe how Ti applies itself to the physicalities of love. Very insightful. (with a touch o' sweet Fe might I add-I like how you called her "my dear", hehehe, that's kinda cute. I am getting some mace for SS now.)

However SS is speaking words of truth wrt to love and they way we seem to understand it. Fi sort of does what you describe above with Ti, but in a very weird connective fashion. We end up becoming part of that person, beautifully entwined with, them, between them, amongst them. Like we become a piece of a complex mathmatical puzzle, but one far too complicated to resolve into a separate, singular entity but instead defined by continuity. Fi doesnt really have physical bounds. (WTF????)

OMT, I'd have to spend some time really thinking on this, as I dont know how to enunciate it or compare it. Good thoughts though...

Sorry if I offended you SS, as your valentines day thoughts were very sweet. You make us smile and feel Fi happy thoughts.

As for Edgar? He just fronts with Te. I, with my overused Te, find it utterly fucking hysterical, if profoundly crude. Edgar makes me laugh my ass off. I think I saw that quote right after I joined and and had picked my user name. Ah, the irony. Vulgarity or not, though I think he is spot on to a certain extent.

Everything I do involves play, either bountifully silly or rough and robust, but play it ends up being in the end.

(Shhh, the INTJs are starting to blush.)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's some Ti going on there. Beautiful to observe how Ti applies itself to the physicalities of love. Very insightful. (with a touch o' sweet Fe might I add-I like how you called her "my dear", hehehe, that's kinda cute. I am getting some mace for SS now.)

However SS is speaking words of truth wrt to love and they way we seem to understand it. Fi sort of does what you describe above with Ti, but in a very weird connective fashion. We end up becoming part of that person, beautifully entwined with, them, between them, amongst them. Like we become a piece of a complex mathmatical puzzle, but one far too complicated to resolve into a separate, singular entity but instead defined by continuity. Fi doesnt really have physical bounds. (WTF????)

OMT, I'd have to spend some time really thinking on this, as I dont know how to enunciate it or compare it. Good thoughts though...

Sorry if I offended you SS, as your valentines day thoughts were very sweet. You make us smile and feel Fi happy thoughts.

As for Edgar? He just fronts with Te. I, with my overused Te, find it utterly fucking hysterical, if profoundly crude. Edgar makes me laugh my ass off. I think I saw that quote right after I joined and and had picked my user name. Ah, the irony. Vulgarity or not, though I think he is spot on to a certain extent.

Everything I do involves play, either bountifully silly or rough and robust, but play it ends up being in the end.

ISTP Ti is more along the lines of how do I blend these formulas together in a subjective manner. How do I move from one to the other.

Sitting in a meeting while an ENTP went over our current design patterns and a new and improved design pattern my mind raced with how to smoothly transition from one to the other giving feedback on both the old and new, the plusses and minuses and how the 2 intertwined. I know what you mean, but from a Ti perspective.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Onemoretime, I'm at work, hungover, and I barely skimmed your post because I'm on my blackberry and it's a pain in the ass to read the small print,

Is each infinitely small piece of the universe an infinite microcosm itself?

:)

I don't know.

There's matter and energy.

The universe a massive collection of stuff doing stuff.

Systems of stuff.

Order, chaos

Emergence, entropy

But why do things sythesize into beautiful harmonious systems?

There's so much stuff we do not know, cannot comprehend, though try as we might to understand the whats and the why's behind and in between it all.

I am currently eating a turkey pastrami sandwich.

I could analyze, ad infinitum about this "simple" sandwich, but, alas, I'm tired.

And, at least for now, why can't I just accept the fact that it tastes damn good!

:D

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Onemoretime, I'm at work, hungover, and I barely skimmed your post because I'm on my blackberry and it's a pain in the ass to read the small print,

Is each infinitely small piece of the universe an infinite micrcosm itself?

I don't know.

We don't know.

That's the exciting part. The even more exciting part is that we understand that we do not know. As part of the universe, we engage in understanding the universe. When engaging in Ti and creating logical patterns, we are acting as the universe's Fi, so to speak: we're creating an understanding of the truths of the system within the system, much as Fi creates an understanding of the truths of oneself.

There's matter and energy.

The universe a massive collection of stuff doing stuff.

Systems of stuff.

Order, chaos

Emergence, entropy

But why do things sythesize into beautiful harmonious systems?

It does it because it can. e^i(pi) + 1 = 0. The fundamental aspects of the universe relate to each other in a transcendently harmonious way. Possible outcome plus time equals inevitability as time approaches infinity. Entropy is nothing but a form of harmony, isn't it?

There's so much stuff we do not know, cannot comprehend, though try as we might to understand the whats and the why's behind and in between it all.

Do you resign yourself to this, or do you find this exciting? Do you worry about the sea monsters, or do you discover a new world?

I am currently eating a turkey pastrami sandwich.

I could analyze, ad infinitum about this "simple" sandwhich, but, alas, I'm tired.

And, at least for now, why can't I just accept the fact that it tastes damn good!

No one said you can't

No one said you shouldn't

That being said

If you understand what makes that turkey pastrami sandwich taste so good

You now have the road map to make the sandwich taste even better

You learn how to add a little bit of yourself to the next sandwich

And the next time someone enjoys your new sandwich

You know they're enjoying a little bit of yourself

Sorta like a burrito, right? :)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Where did the turkey come from, how long ago was it slaughtered?

Did I eat parts from one turkey breast, or a few?

Do I feel comfortable eating turkey because it is a bird, and not a mammal?

Why did I order it on wheat bread, instead of rye, probably because I wanted some fiber with my meal.

What has more fiber in it, rye bread or wheat?

Mustard, I love mustard, I prefer the mustard with the seeds in it, not the highlighter yellow stuff, though I eat the highlighter yellow stuff when there is no other mustard option.

There are a lot of mustard plants growing in Los Angeles.

The flowers are yellow.

I do not know how mustard is made.

How many farms, fowl, factories, and people did it take for me to enjoy such a lovely sandwich.

Did I really enjoy the sandwich?

I'm not sure, I was preoccupied with thoughts and feelings.

You think you eat just the turkey, just the wheat bread, just the mustard, but what about all the micro organisms you ingest that you cannot see.

Do I want to know?

Or is ignorance bliss.

And these questions barely touch upon the surface of the sandwich.

Social insects are fascinating, just a thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hymenoptera

Termites, too.

Mathematics is mathemagical, I know this.

Blah, blah, blah.

I like that (some) mathematicians study musical theory.

The End...

Or the Beginning.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^^^Good example of Ne.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
True, very true.

fwiw, I fuckin' love, Edgar, too.

His posts make me laugh more than any other poster's on this forum.

I do think he's a closet perv, tho.

:yes:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
That's the exciting part. The even more exciting part is that we understand that we do not know. As part of the universe, we engage in understanding the universe. When engaging in Ti and creating logical patterns, we are acting as the universe's Fi, so to speak: we're creating an understanding of the truths of the system within the system, much as Fi creates an understanding of the truths of oneself.
I like this explanation but also find it kind of, hmmm, cocky and presumptuous?!?

Is there a ubiquitous Truth which transcends and is reflected in all elements of and within the universe?

Is the universe holographic?

Holistic?

My Fi-meter says so.

I have no proof, just an inkling of intuition, and a tugging feeling.

My head's about to explode, hahahaha, I haven't thought about this shit for a while.

But when I get this overwhelming feeling, I just sit back and breathe, let it all sink in, and think of the marvelous and deeply profound word, no, concept, that being...

Simplexity!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No one said you can't

No one said you shouldn't

That being said

If you understand what makes that turkey pastrami sandwich taste so good

You now have the road map to make the sandwich taste even better

You learn how to add a little bit of yourself to the next sandwich

And the next time someone enjoys your new sandwich

You know they're enjoying a little bit of yourself

But you cant turn the sandwich in on itself like that. Knowing what is good about the sandwich only allows you to understand the sandwich, where harmony comes in is when you can merge 2 sandwiches together in perfect harmony taking the best of both worlds and applying them. The single universal truth is not the new sandwich, but the concept of understanding for then you can merge that sandwich with anything you want and it will contain a portion of yourself. Its the concept of making a song yours even though you use the exact same lyrics. You understand the song, you can then relate it in different ways depending on how you feel at the moment. You can slow it down, speed it up, remix it, etc.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Where did the turkey come from, how long ago was it slaughtered?

Did I eat parts from one turkey breast, or a few?

Yes.

Do I feel comfortable eating turkey because it is a bird, and not a mammal?

Why did I order it on wheat bread, instead of rye, probably because I wanted some fiber with my meal.

What has more fiber in it, rye bread or wheat?

Why did you ask yourself that in the first place?

Mustard, I love mustard, I prefer the mustard with the seeds in it, not the highlighter yellow stuff, though I eat the highlighter yellow stuff when there is no other mustard option.

There are a lot of mustard plants growing in Los Angeles.

The flowers are yellow.

I do not know how mustard is made.

Yes you do. You just said so.

How many farms, fowl, factories, and people did it take for me to enjoy such a lovely sandwich.

Isn't our society amazing?

Did I really enjoy the sandwich?

I'm not sure, I was preoccupied with thoughts and feelings.

What does it mean to enjoy something?

You think you eat just the turkey, just the wheat bread, just the mustard, but what about all the micro organisms you ingest that you cannot see.

Do I want to know?

Or is ignorance bliss.

Of course not. By understanding the unpleasant things, we make peace with them. We then shift our perception of the world, and revisit our past assumptions. We gain a more complete, accurate view of what things are, and what they mean.

And these questions barely touch upon the surface of the sandwich.

Social insects are fascinating, just a thought.

Hymenoptera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Termites, too.

Genes have found millions of interesting ways to propagate their information, haven't they? Indeed, what is information in the first place?

Mathematics is mathemagical, I know this.

Blah, blah, blah.

I like that (some) mathematicians study musical theory.

The End...

Or the Beginning.

Why does that seemingly bore you?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I like this explanation but also find it kind of, hmmm, cocky and presumptuous?!?

Is there a ubiquitous Truth which transcends and is reflected in all elements of and within the universe?

Quod est veritas? Do the relationships between material things change? Not as far as we know. Not only that, but the universe is consistently simple that there is little reason to believe so.

Is the universe holographic?

Holistic?

My Fi-meter says so.

I have no proof, just an inkling of intuition, and a tugging feeling.

Sure it is. However, it is also composed of many parts. As one of those components, we are much more comfortable with dealing with those other components on their scales. Look what happens when we scale down to the quantum level: we barely understand what's going on there.

I can say I am sitting in a chair. In reality, the negative charges of the electron fields (which is also the manifestation of potentialities of various quarks) are repelling the negative charges of the electron fields in the chair. I never touch it; I constantly hover nanometers away from the chair. The force of this repulsion interacts with other electron fields within the endings of my nerves, which interacts with other electric fields to shoot a signal up to my brain. However, it is of limited use to constantly perceive of things in this way. Sometimes, it's just easier to use the large-scale conceptualization, inaccurate though it may be.

My head's about to explode, hahahaha, I haven't thought about this shit for a while.

But when I get this overwhelming feeling, I just sit back and breathe, let it all sink in, and think of the marvelous and deeply profound word, no, concept, that being...

Simplexity!

That's the world the NeTi user always lives in. We never leave it. Wonder, then, why we always seem like our heads are in another universe? :hi:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
It doesn't bore me at all, quite the opposite!

It's just all, well, so very overwhelming!!!

Too many things to discover, investigate, digest, connect.

Not enough time.

:/

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
But you cant turn the sandwich in on itself like that. Knowing what is good about the sandwich only allows you to understand the sandwich, where harmony comes in is when you can merge 2 sandwiches together in perfect harmony taking the best of both worlds and applying them. The single universal truth is not the new sandwich, but the concept of understanding for then you can merge that sandwich with anything you want and it will contain a portion of yourself. Its the concept of making a song yours even though you use the exact same lyrics. You understand the song, you can then relate it in different ways depending on how you feel at the moment. You can slow it down, speed it up, remix it, etc.

The whole point of molecular gastronomy is to disprove the exact notion you just expressed. ;)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Analysis vs Synthesis

Microscopia vs. macroscopia <--- I think I just made up these words, but you get the point ;)

What's the antithesis of zero?

One?

Infinity?

Infinitely small, infinitely large

Where does one draw the line?

What delineates a Part to the Infinite Puzzle?

Are there independent parts?

Or only seemingly independent parts.

A stew of stuff.

I don't know anything.

Well, I do know these two things for now,

1.) onemoretime, you're a smart cookie

2.) I really love the quote which I think embodies the nature of Stuff, which is...

"Everything in every thing"

sculpting

ISTP Ti is more along the lines of how do I blend these formulas together in a subjective manner. How do I move from one to the other.

Sitting in a meeting while an ENTP went over our current design patterns and a new and improved design pattern my mind raced with how to smoothly transition from one to the other giving feedback on both the old and new, the plusses and minuses and how the 2 intertwined. I know what you mean, but from a Ti perspective.

Are sure this isnt how you would apply Se to the Ti logical connections? Ie a practical application of the idea and how to merge the two different concepts to produce something productive?

Ti, Se, Ni..... Hmmm... Poki what are you doing to reality? God, I wish I fucking understood Ni better...I am so annoyed. Poki you are getting at something important here, but I am too slow to understand it. Damnit.

You see the logical reality in front of you-Se, but then can see different ways to remodel/recreate-Ni it at the same time to rebuild into something productive and logical???

(I also carry around rocks-typically in my pockets though)

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Analysis vs Synthesis

Microscopia vs. macroscopia <--- I think I just made up these words, but you get the point ;)

One?

Infinity?

Undefined. There is (1) and there is not (0). However, there is also mu. We tend to mathematically express this concept as the square root of -1, or i.

Wherever you're at.

Everything.

As far as we can tell, no.

A stew of stuff.

I don't know anything.

Sure you do.

2.) I really love the quote which I think embodies the nature of Stuff, which is...

Yup.

sculpting

Analysis vs Synthesis

One?

Infinity?

A stew of stuff.

I don't know anything.

You know what is sort of interesting. I remember thinking stuff like this even when pretty small. It's part of the reason I was drawn to biophysics in grad school. There is some sort of inherent beauty in continuity.

Why is Fi not limited by boundaries? Not what does it feel like, but actually why is that a characteristic of it?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

This, for shizzle. :wubbie: However, I think this ability also has something to do with Ni.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Random post alert!

I'm tired, in a daze and watching Little Miss Perfect on WE...

:shocking:

Is this shit for real?!?!

I feel ashamed for the human race.

:sick:

I think these mothers should be euthanized, in order to put their daughters out of their misery!!!

Simply appaling!!!