• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP+INTJ=Disasterous Combo o' love

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ugh.. too bad everyone got carried away like that..

The thread is a bit of a mess, but the topic is interesting..

Here's to hoping a mod doesnt have to interfere again... : )

musicheck

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I think this thread in the last few pages demonstrates a fundamental rule of judging the intelligence/wisdom/knowledge/etc of an INTJ: The more they have to project it, the less they have it. Edgar is always making stupid jokes, yet to me at least he comes across as very smart. Lex, the entire opposite.

BTW, ignore my chess profile pic.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wouldn't have exhausted my energy trying to debate with people who are clearly uninterested in hearing my point of view. Wasted effort. Let them learn about life, or missing out on life, the hard way.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Moved some stuff out to the Graveyard.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
“Would it not be necessary?” . . . No, three times no! You young Romantics: it should not be necessary! But it is very likely that things will end up like that—that you will end up like that—namely, “being consoled,” as it stands written, in spite of all the self-training for what is serious and frightening, “metaphysically consoled,” in short, the way Romantics finish up, as Christians. . . . No! You should first learn the art of consolation in this life—you should learn to laugh, my young friends, even if you wish to remain thoroughly pessimistic. From that, as laughing people, some day or other perhaps you will for once ship all metaphysical consolation to the devil—and then away with metaphysics! Or, to speak the language of that Dionysian fiend called Zarathustra:*

That was Nietzsche? I'm moderately certain he was talking about finding the absurd to be funny. As in, "Oh wow, so everything really is meaningless, that's hilarious!" And since he went on to eulogise the terrible banned Zarathustra, he figured the way out of meaninglessness was choice. Indeed, the essential first step to finding meaning is to find meaninglessness, for out of meaninglessness comes acts of creation. One chooses an order to impose. Voila, one becomes the Over-Man.

sculpting

Ugh.. too bad everyone got carried away like that..

The thread is a bit of a mess, but the topic is interesting..

Here's to hoping a mod doesnt have to interfere again... : )

This thread is kinda like the circle of life, except we dont actually eat each other.

Anyways, its too bad SS and Z got kicked off, and well Z I shall miss your insight on the forum in general (Go to INTJf-"The shadow function" thread is waiting for you. And you Sim. But you have to be very well behaved there.)

Anyways I noticed an Ne-ism on this thread (A correlation between different yet parallel topics)

In this thread Z speaks towards Time and suggested that Time's perspective was a phase. This would suggest:

Z has a very well developed Fi and is seeing the world an emotions as more than just a pattern to analyze-a game to figure out. NiTeFi?

Time is still young and the world is just a pattern-thus what is the point of doing anything since all aspects of the pattern are well understood and predicted. Why act if there is nothing outside of the pattern? NiTe?

It interestingly correlates to a thread at intjf in which the question-define love-was asked. Several NFs promptly jumped in with scientific definitions and tried to dissect it the topic and definition into controllable pieces-TeSi or SiTe I'd suggest. Many younger INTJs all took the approach Mr time seems to be taking-a very mechanistic view.

But three older INTJs took a very holistic approach. One suggested that taking a logical approach to love is orthogonal to the purpose of love in the first place.

So, I dunno, just an Ne-ism-but it kinda suggest a developmental INTJ pattern as Z put forth a few pages back. When young love is something chemical and mechanical. As Fi grows in-love becomes something beyond simple biochemistry-perhaps Fi allows you to extra dimensions that were missed upon the preliminary analysis?

This leads me to pose the a divergent question-when Fi is used in conjunction with a perceiving function-it seems to add layers to the way the probelm is understood-extra dimensions, aspects that could not be understood without Fi...hmmm, i do not know...

sculpting

on the topic of INTJs and cute, my INTJ explained that hugs follow the commutative property yesterday, thus once you hug one person, as long as they hug the other people, you do not have to keep hugging anymore. *snickers and giggles over our mutual dorkiness*

I would like to suggest this gets applied to toasts as well as all the clinking of glasses gets old.

musicheck

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
If you want cute, why settle for any personality type when you could just have puppies?

a_Taylerpups.jpg

20080923172130_173755_1.jpg

big_cute%20and%20adorable%20teacup%20yorkie%20puppies%20for%20free%20adoption01.jpg

Problem solved.

sculpting

If you want cute, why settle for any personality type when you could just have puppies?

Problem solved.

ah, those were cute!! Yeah by I already have two puppies, so I felt the need to add an INTJ to the mix. I must agree w marm that he has more sex appeal that the puppies....

(Which makes me want to find the quote from Edgar again....:devil:)

I can cuddle w the puppies and the INTJ, and both do lick :yes: but I cant talk about physics with the dogs. They just sort of stare. They also cant play beautiful music for me, play airplane with my toddler, or hold me close while dinner is cooking. The dogs also cant gang up on me with my enfp teenager and make fun of me for buying ridiculously expensive honey or lecture me about my credit score.

(I did try and lick the dog back once but it went quite badly...blah...dog hair is gross.)

Nomorenames

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Holy Jesus Fucking Satan! 132 pages?!?

Sparknotes, please?

Last edited:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:yes:

ENFP+INTJ = :wubbie: :peepwall: :devil: ...or at least, it can ;)

MBTI Type
INTJ
Interesting note on this topic. I just got done reading the NF women's dealbreakers thread, and based on their lists not one of them would have anything to do with this INTJ. Anecdotal evidence, sure, but still interesting.

sculpting

ciffnotes, eh? hmmm....

It's a common misconception that INTJs are always serious-cat-business types. INTJs actually enjoy being entertained, and ENFP's wacky, nonsensical antics are the perfect tool to keep INTJ from becoming a jaded, cynical wretch.

Having an ENFP girlfriend is like having a frisky pet.
A pet that you can have sex with without people thinking you are a fucked up deviant.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Interesting note on this topic. I just got done reading the NF women's dealbreakers thread, and based on their lists not one of them would have anything to do with this INTJ. Anecdotal evidence, sure, but still interesting.

The correlation between what women say they want and what they actually want is almost completely negative. ;)

sculpting

oh, yeah this one was awesome too...

how about intjs fail to notice the symbolic meaning of a burrito easy because theres no long symbolic meaning in the burrito itself, but the symbolic meaning is in the giving you the burrito?

a rock that looks like your boobs has the meaning in the object itself, thats why those two things are totally different for intj. allso giving your girl or boyfriend half a burrito is just those kinda basic things to do, unlike giving him or her a rock that has your boobs. im stoned, but i think im making some sense. :thinking: i wonder how romantic a rock with your boyfriends man boobs would be :huh: :D . actually thinking about i dont think theres no doubt if its for a enfp girl :imaginerysmiliethatfitsherejustperfectly:

sculpting

Hmmm, A quote to actually ponder.....State has great vision...

Ne takes away Se anxiety. Ne optimism frees the present from the huge and terrifying past and future. it just puts the Ni dom in the moment, and optimistic about the future. we trust it once we realize that it works, that the judgment function of the other person has a viable/better cost analysis strategy than we do. if they don't, then we're gonna reject it, and a general cautious stance takes a while to get the message when it would work better than what we are doing (but it's not perfect! or airtight! or complete!).

with my entp friends, i realize that their judgment plus Ne optimism generates a lot of happiness and good feeling and problem-solving in ways that can free me up to be at my best. we Ni types just get weighed down with too many problems, foresee too many negative outcomes, difficulties, the tightrope seems too impossibly thin and twisted to ever successfully walk it. Ne helps us branch out rather than demand a single straight line.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL...ahhh I *still* remember the moment Edgar replied to me with that quote. It's epic :laugh: