• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] If your life were a sitcom....

Tucker

MBTI Type
INFJ
I was just thinking about how ironic life can be sometimes and how it often seems so planned out. Today was one of those days where I was like "Somebody should write this down because they'd make some serious money off of it." Irony can be so....ironic.
Anyway, any thoughts on what a TV show would be like if it were based on your life? Characters, plot, etc.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Anyway, any thoughts on what a TV show would be like if it were based on your life? Characters, plot, etc.

Title: "Life with Kiddo"

Plot: Main character is college aged bisexual kid living in one of the most Conservative cities in the United States, just trying to get by.

Characters

Kiddo: Main character
Grandma: conspiracy theorist obsessively trying to prove the government is out to get everyone and keep her house spotless.
Grandpa: has become so cynical of the world that he pretends to be deaf half the time so he doesn't have to talk to people.
Mother: tries to be her kids best friends, has made a lot of mistakes, and blames a non existent brain tumor for all her problems.
Step Father: race car driver who has never won a race, but will spend his last penny trying.
Little Brother: teenager who loves to manipulate everyone and wishes to become a pimp.

What do you think? The making of an excellent sitcom? The sad part is I'm not even making any of it up.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
wow- that sounds like Little Miss Sunshine! :D

I'd totally watch it!

Pseudonym_Alpha

MBTI Type
INFJ
Title: The Adventures Of PA In m31 (Andromeda)

Main Character: PA

Father: Work-aholic who enjoys his work to the point where he forgets certain
flare for anti-dramatic and 100% rational thought.

Mother: One goal, to teach her kids that she is always right no matter what the odds, regardless of the method and delivery system

Elder Sister 1: De-cipher's her role in the family as the equal opposite to her mother.

Elder Sister 2: Fun loving, easy going and loves the family, tries to succeed and does so brilliantly in her careers, is the guardian of the family.

Younger Brother: Is his fathers spitting image in every sense of the word.
Will always try to get played favourites on in light of being the favourite.

Plot: PA is trying to exist in this family, with so many different leaps and bounds. Within the family is a vast, vast society developed purely for security reasons. He wishes to move out of home and start his 'real life' in hopes of one day defining exactly who he is and to find his place.

Thats my go at it, I'm not sure if that was what you were after, but I met the criteria as best I could. And as with kiddo, I'm not making this up either!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It would be mildly boring, but...

Main Character: "A community college student who made mostly high A's in high school but never took AP courses or tried for scholarships out of fear of disappointment, and spends most of their days online researching random topics and posting on message boards, often wondering why they never seem to get around to having more of a social life. Has never had a job, and is anxious about their ability to hold a job."

Mother: "A high-school dropout who lied on their resume to get a job inspecting glass parts for a company, and has worked there for several years, does a very good job. Spends most of their days watching Glenn Beck, listening to Darryl Ankarlo, and Coast-to-Coast AM. Often cites Mexican border issues, Islamic groups, and the idea of a one-world government, and Hollywood liberals as evidence of the End Times, and complains about everything she sees as a result of government negligence, and blames them for a lot of things."

Father: "Was kicked out of high school, mainly not showing up for classes half the time and being a bit of a clown, but for three years managed to miss most classes, and show up to get a 100 on the final exams, earning him a 70 as an overall grade. Spent several years job-hopping and always getting fired for arguing with superiors. After divorcing mother, found a niche in a construction company, eventually became vice-president because the owner gave him a chance. Eventually quit when the owner became senile/selfish, and started his own company, taking all the workers with him. Seems like a normal, crude contractor around workers, but can turn extremely intelligent and insightful on an alarming number of subjects when prompted."

Step-mother: "A bit meek. She went to college and finished, but never figured out how to apply the knowledge, and had to work many jobs that were below her skill level. Got married once, but eventually couldn't stay in it because her husband was mean to her cat (The thing has a broken tail, and looks terrified when ever anyone but her comes near it). Is married to and works for the father now, managing to keep track of everything he's doing. Works all day, and then tries to take care of her kids, mainly by keeping them watching TV, and putting them to bed if they start getting into trouble or distracting her too much. Spends most of her time organizing things for work, or else playing complicated puzzle games and solving Nancy Drew mysteries on the computer."

I would call it, "Workaholics, Underachievers, and Opportunists." It would show the different ways of approaching life that these people employed, and the benefits and disadvantages of them.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If my life were a sitcom, it would be about as hilarious as stepping on an upturned nail.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
probably it would make a horrible sitcom! :D

main character- over worked and underpaid college student working for her parents and the liquor store
friend #1- a bit off in her own world, wants to start a commune or join the circus, often drags the main character off on adventures, like drunkenly exploring a haunted house
friend #2- outspoken big city girl who enjoys shopping and gossip
sister- very expressive and energetic community college student who deep at heart wishes to be a bitch, but always fails at it miserably

customers- a variety of dirty old men who laugh when their lecherous comments make the main character blush, underaged students who desperatly want to buy alcohol and middle aged women who need "just the right bottle of wine to go with dinner and impress friends" and are very critical of the main character's choices even though they wouldn't know a cabernet from a riesling!

most of the entertainment would be things like the main character changing her tire in the rain while teenagers in a nearby car laugh or the main character having a can of beer explode on her at work covering her from head to toe with cheap domestic grossness and being informed by a customer that Budweiser is the perfume that attracts him the most!

it would flop after the pilot episode! :D